Setting the Stage

before

Gerald Jaxxon sat at the round poker table in his studio apartment with his band members Jerry Fields,Pete King and his wife Jessica King, and Jason King and his wife Sarah king. Jasons kid kaleb and petes kid Teddy ran around in the living room when they heard a banging on the door.
gerald raised a brow and stuck the cigarette back in his mouth and headed for the door.
"What?" gerald barked and opened the door to see a little girl standing there with a backpack on her back and she was crying.
"Hi there sweetie what can i do for you?" gerald asked.
the girls cry was like a hiccuping sob.
she shrugged.
"Well why are you here?" gerald looked around again.
the girl hiccuped and pulled out an envelope from her backback and handed it to gerald. she wiped her nose on her dirty sleeve.
gerald opened the envelope and it said:
gerald,
i've had enough of her. its time for you get to meet your daughter. shes your problem now.
xoxo
Tracy.
"holy shit." gerald said.
"gerald you okay?" Sarah came behind gerald with kaleb hinding behind her leg to be nosy.
sarah read the note and ushered the girl in.
now in the living room the girl sat on the couch with her small backpack in her lap in between sarah and gerald.
"whats your name honey?" sarah asked the girl.
the girl sniffled and wiped her nose with her sleeve again. "Roxanne. but my mommy calls me Roxi." she said quietly.
"Where is your mommy now?" gerald asked.
the girl hiccuped. "she went to live with her boyfriend amos." the girl hiccuped again.
"is amos your dad?" gerald asked.
roxi shook her head. "ive never met amos... or my dad.'
"how old are you?" sarah asked.
"4 and two thirds." roxi said.
the band members raised their brow at the girl.
"whens your birthday?" sarah asked
"october 19."
"thats kalebs birthday too." sarah smiled and looked at her son who was sitting on his moms lap.
"someone call a doctor to get a paternity test." gerald stood up.
roxi reached into her small backpack and pulled ut a big white envelope and handed it to sarah.
sarah opened it up to see roxis birth cerificate and a bunch of legal papers, the last thing in the envelope was a paternity test.
gerald jaxxon is Roxanne jaxxons father