Walking Travesty

Twenty-One

Alex's POV:

I wake up and roll over, frowning slightly when I don't feel Lina besides me. I half-open my eyes, finding myself in an empty bed. I yawn and sit up, and look around the dimly lit room, finding it equally as empty.
I stretch and climb out of the warm bed, and walk to the bathroom. I'm about to knock when I hear sniffling on the other side. "Lina?" I ask softly.
She clears her throat, and quickly replies, "Hang on." Her voice is shaky, and my frown deepens. I hear the sink running, and a minute later the door opens.
I look down at her, taking in her paler than usual skin and prominent dark circles that surround her red eyes. "You okay?" I ask, reaching up to tuck some of her messy hair behind her ear. She nods her head quickly, and walks past me. I ignore how badly I need to pee, and follow her. She sits on the bed and cocoons herself in the blankets, then rests her chin on her drawn up knees. She closes her eyes tightly, and almost looks like she's going to be sick. "Lin, what's wrong?" I ask softly as I sit besides her.
"Nothing," she mumbles, but now that I'm closer I can tell that her whole body's shaking and tears are forcing themselves out of her closed eyes.
"Are you sick?" I reach up to feel her forehead, but she feels too cold if anything.
"I'm just having a small panic attack," she mutters, her eyes still sewn shut. "It'll pass."
I nod once, even though she can't see me. "I'll be right back," I say before slipping on clothes and leaving the room.
I skip the elevator and walk quickly down the staircase, until I finally find the lobby. The guy from last night is sleeping in an uncomfortable looking position in his chair behind the desk. I stop at the table they have set up with coffee and tea. After searching through the insanely large variety of tea bags I finally find a decaffeinated bag of peppermint, and plop it into a styrofoam cup of hot water.
I hurry back upstairs, taking the elevator this time, and walk back into my room. Lina's sitting in the same spot, but her eyes are open now, and her shaking is more noticeable. She looks up at me questioningly. I hold the cup out for her. "Peppermint tea is the best anti-anxiety thing ever," I inform her, offering her a small smile.
She takes it from me, and I'm glad I hadn't filled the water to the top or she would have spilled it from shaking so bad. She takes a sip, then looks up at me again. "How do you know that?"
I shrug, and sit cross legged in front of her. "I used to have panic attacks a lot."
She raises her eyebrows. "Really?"
"Yup," I smile again, noticing that since I'd distracted her the shaking had subsided a bit.
"Congrats, you're officially apart of the psycho group," she teases.
I roll my eyes laugh. "Please, I started the psycho group."
She smiles, then we sit in silence as she finishes her tea. She untangles herself from the blanket cocoon and wraps her arms around my neck. "Thank you," she mumbles into my neck.
I hug her back tightly and try to ignore the fact that she's straddling me. "No problem, babe," I answer.
She pulls away and smiles at me. "I think you might be the best boyfriend ever."
I smirk and raise an eyebrow. " Might ?" I ask, acting offended. "Bitch, I'm the best man alive."
She laughs and reaches her hand up to mess up my already messy hair. "Whatever makes you feel better."
I scoff, then plant one kiss on her lips. I look past her to the alarm clock on the nightstand. "We still have two hours until we have to checkout," I inform her, wiggling my eyebrows up and down.
She raises a single eyebrow, and for the hundredth time since we had left yesterday, I'm struck with how absolutely beautiful she is. My stomach does a flip, and then her voice breaks through my thoughts. "If you're hinting that we should jump on the bed until eleven, then I'm totally down for that."
I grin and roll my eyes. "Duh, what else would we do alone in a hotel room together?"
She grins, then stands up on the bed and begins jumping up and down. I smile up at her, but she returns the smile with a frown as she stops bouncing. "Stand up and jump. Your obesity is prohibiting me from jumping to my highest possible height."
"Wow, someone owns a thesaurus," I tease, but after she gives me a dirty look I sigh and stand up and jump with her. "It probably sounds like we're having really hot, passionate sex to the people downstairs," I state after we both giggle over the creaking bed.
"Well duh," she says with an eye roll. "What else would we be doing alone, in a hotel room at nine in the morning."
I smile, and after I get bored of jumping, I collapse onto my back and cross my arms behind my head. She copies me, lying beside me. I turn my head to the side to look at her. I study her, taking in everything. The way her pale skin has small freckles sprinkled across her cheeks and nose, the way her one dimple is faintly visible, even when she's not smiling. The way her grey eyes look more blue right now, and the way her pale pink lips are slightly curved upwards, not exactly in a smile.
She turns her head to the side and looks at me. "What?" she asks, her eyes squinting a little.
I smile and move closer to her. "You're beautiful."
She laughs and her cheeks turn faintly red. "Shut up, Alex."
"You are," I murmur before pressing my lips against hers.
Her eyelids crinkle as she smiles, and then they close as she kisses me back sweetly. Suddenly the ringing of a phone interrupts us and she sighs and sits up. She crawls across the bed and grabs her cellphone off of the nightstand. "Hello?" she asks, sounding annoyed. "Em, slow down. What's going on?" I can faintly hear Emily's voice escaping from the phone, but her words aren't understandable. "You told her?!" Pause. "Okay, whatever. Bye." She snaps her phone shut, then turns around to frown at me.
"What's going on?" I ask as I sit up.
"Em told my mom about the concert, and she's flipping," she sighs and gets off the bed. "We should probably leave."
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt like doing Alex's POV because I like Alex and yeah.
Thoughts on this chapter? :)