Walking Travesty

Twenty

I wake up the next morning to something crushing my back. "Liiiina," a voice whispers in my ear. "Wake u-uuup," the voice is so high pitched and singsong-y that in my half-asleep state I almost done recognize it.
"Alex, go away," I groan as I try to roll over, but can't due to the fact that he's sitting on me.
"No, get the hell out of bed," he orders, bouncing a little.
"Can't. Breathe," I gasp out. "You're. Crushing. My. Ribs."
He giggles and climbs off of me. "Get up, I have a surprise."
I roll over and rub my eyes, then look up at the excited boy. "What?" I yawn and my heavy eyes close by themselves.
"Well, if you're just gonna go back to sleep I won't tell you and I'll bring Jack instead," he huffs.
I open one eye and look at his pout-y face. "Sorry. What's the surprise?" I ask, trying to sound enthusiastic.
"Well..." he lays down on his stomach, propping his chin on the palms of his hands. His eyes flicker over to me, and even though he's trying to keep a straight face, I can tell that he's fighting back a smile. "What would you say if I told you that I just won two free tickets to a Blink 182 concert tonight?"
I stare at him for a moment, then my eyes widen and I sit up. "I would tell you that you better fucking be taking me or you might wake up dead."
He smirks and looks up at me. "How does one 'wake up dead'?"
I roll my eyes. "You know what I mean, butthead. Are we going?" A grin spreads across his face and he nods. I let out a sort of squeak, then I grab him into a bone crushing hug. "You are the best," I gush.
He laughs and pokes my side. "I know that, stupid."
I roll my eyes and pull away from him. "Wait, where is it? When?"
"In Philly at six thirty." He looks over at my alarm clock and jumps off of my bed. "Which means you have to hurry your little ass up and get ready, because it's two fucking pm."
I get up quickly and push him out of the room. "I'll be ready in five minutes," I promise before shutting the door and quickly trying to find something to wear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After telling my mom we were going 'out', we're on the road blasting Alex's Blink CD.
"How did you win the tickets?" I yell over the music.
"Radio contest," he replies, turning the music down a little. "Jack's pissed because I was the ninth caller and he was tenth."
"Aw, you should have taken him," I say with a frown.
He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "I've bought him tickets for so many concerts."
I smile and look out the window at the building rushing past us. "My mom's gonna flip shit when she finds out I'm going to Pennsylvania," I chuckle.
"You could have just told her the truth," he points out.
I shake my head. "My mom despises concerts. She's convinced that I just wanna go so I can get with a band member."
He smirks. "Oh, so that's why you're dating me."
"Totally." I grin and pull my legs up onto the seat. "How much longer of a drive?"
"Um..." he looks from the time to a few road signs. "Twenty minutes."
"Yay," I exclaim excitedly, before turning the music back on full blast and singing along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I miss you, I miss you," Alex and I sing along with the crowd of people and band.
Due to the insane amount of pushing and shoving that was happening, Alex was holding my hand tightly with his.
After the song ends, we all scream and cheer, and I can already tell that my voice will be nearly nonexistent after tonight. "Thank you Philadelphia!" Mark yells into his microphone, making us all scream louder. Alex's scream is probably the loudest, which is hilarious since we're surrounded by girls. "We'll see you fuckers next time!" The band exits the stage, and Alex pulls me through the crowd, trying to get us out before the rush of people.
After getting shoved and having our feet stepped on multiple times, we finally escape the crowded venue, out into the cold night.
"That. Was. Amazing," I gush.
"Right!" he sighs and slides his arm around my waist. "I'm sorry babe, but I'm leaving you for Mark."
"Not if I leave you for him first," I tease as I wrap my arm around him and lean into his side.
"I'm older."
"I'm funnier."
"I'm sexier."
"I have bigger tits."
He sighs and nods as we stop at his car. "Very true. You win."
I giggle then get into the car and shiver while I wait for him to walk around. When he gets inside he yawns and turns the car on. "Do you just wanna find a hotel and crash out here tonight?" he asks as he drives through the crowded parking lot.
I swallow and my heart pauses briefly. Stay in a hotel room with him, alone? "Sure," I reply calmly, even though the hormonal teenage girl inside of me is screeching excitedly.
We stop in a Taco Bell where we both devour five tacos each, then he gets directions from the tired looking cashier to the nearest hotel.

After Alex ignores mine and the cashiers directions, we get lost a few times, until we finally find it. "I told you it was on this street," I grumble as we both get out of the car.
"Shut up, I just gave you a tour of the city."
"Aka you're a stubborn asshole who can't take directions," I tease.
"You're not being very nice to the amazing guy who brought you to a concert..."
I grin and smack his shoulder gently. "Walk faster, it's fucking cold."
" Walk faster, it's fucking cold ," he mimics in a falsetto voice that sounds nothing like mine.
I roll my eyes and grab his hand, pulling him into the warm hotel lobby with me.
The guy behind the desk looks up and smiles at us. "Good evening, how may I help you?"
"Um, we need a room," Alex states the obvious.
"Alright, one bed or two?"
Alex looks at me questioningly and I shrug my shoulders. "I don't care."
Alex looks back at the man and sheepishly asks, "Is the one bed cheaper?" The man says it is, so Alex chooses that one.
Even though I've already slept in the same bed as him, my heart picks up its pace, and is pounding so loud I swear he can hear it. We were going to be completely alone. My stomach flips and I can't decide if the butterflies feel good or bad.
After running his card through the machine, the man hands us a key and smiles again. "You two enjoy your stay."
We say we will, and Alex grabs my hand and pulls me to the elevator with him. He presses the button for the fifth floor and we silently wait for our floor to come.
We walk down the long hallway, neither of us breaking the silence until we walk into the small hotel room. "I'm gonna take a quick shower. I think I lost five pounds from sweating tonight."
"Wow, thanks for sharing. That's super sexy," he teases as he walks further into the room and strips his shirt off.
"You're welcome," I respond as I go into the bathroom and shut the door behind me.
After pulling off my sweaty clothes I turn the shower on and step under the warm spray. I try to shower quickly, but wind up enjoying the warmth a little bit longer than necessary.
When I get out I wrap a towel around me, and frown, silently cursing whoever decided hotel towels should be so small. I exit the bathroom and walk into the main part of the room, my heart rising up into my throat when I see him laying on the bed in his boxers, eyes fixed on the TV. "Hey, did you bring that t-shirt you bought in with you?" I ask hopefully, since putting on my dirty clothes wasn't number one on my to-do list.
He looks over at me, his eyes widening a fraction of an inch. He looks me up and down slowly, making my cheeks turn red. "I did." His eyes move back up to my eyes and suddenly it feels like I can't breathe.
"Can I wear it to bed?" I manage to ask, and my stupid voice comes out sounding weak and shaky.
He looks me up and down again and grins. "Nope. You have to sleep naked."
I roll my eyes and spot the shirt on the dresser. I walk over and grab it. "Thanks," I call over my shoulder as I walk back into the bathroom.
"You're not welcome," he replies.
I smile to myself and take the towel off, and slide on my underwear, then pull the t-shirt over my head. Thankfully he'd gotten it a size or two too big, so its hem reaches my mid-thigh.
I dry off my hair with the towel, then exit the bathroom.
"I preferred the towel," he sighs dramatically.
I crawl onto the bed beside him, and try to ignore my almost unhealthy heart rate. "Too bad, bitch," I smile up at him, then rest my head on his chest and look at the TV. I laugh at what I see. "Monsters Inc.?"
"Shut up, it's the best movie ever."
I roll my eyes, then slide under the blankets and rest my head on the pillow. We both fall into silence, watching the cartoon intently, until I finally say, "Thank you for tonight."
He glances down at me and his lips curve into a small smile. "No problem."
The butterflies come back, and this time they feel good. I smile and, pushing my nervousness away I sit up and kiss him softly. He returns it immediately, his lips gliding over mine. I close my eyes and rest my hand on the base of his neck. He deepens the kiss, biting gently on my lip until I open my mouth, and one of his warm, calloused hands runs against my thigh.
I sit up straighter and move one of my legs over so I'm straddling him. He moans softly and his fingers dig into my bare thighs, making me moan and my stomach do somersaults.
"Lina?" he murmurs against my lips.
"Hmm?" I slide both hands into his hair, and tug on it softly.
He groans and pulls his lips away from mine. I open my eyes, to see him already looking at me, and for a moment I'm worried I did something wrong. He smiles, and after he catches his breath he whispers, "Unless you want to have sex, we should probably stop."
I laugh softly, then bite on my lip and try to sort my sense from my hormones. I sigh, then nod and kiss him once more before rolling off of him, back onto my side of the bed. "Goodnight," I say mid-yawn.
He smiles and reaches over to turn the light off, then turns the TV off. I roll onto my side and he lays down and throws his arm over my waist. "Goodnight," he whispers, planting a kiss on my forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Your comments make me so happy :3