Status: New story

Open Your Eyes

Home.

“An apology is the super glue of life. It can repair just about anything.”
― Lynn Johnston


Im sorry.


I hated apologizing. It made me feel stupid. It showed a sign of weakness. But it was a part of life and I needed to get over it. And I needed to teach Presley the right thing. She wasn't going to grow up thinking she didn't have to apologize for doing something wrong.

People made mistakes. That's what made them human. But when people made mistakes they needed to understand that they needed to apologize. Right now was a time when I realized that I was in the wrong and needed to apologize. So I put on my big girl knickers and sucked it up.

"Mummy, you pwess play?"

I leaned between the center console of Niall's SUV and hit play on the DVD player. His car was outrageously fancy and had small tv screens in the headrests and a DVD player. Presley refused to get in the car without her new film my dad bought her. Tangled. So we put the DVD in and she was more then willing to go.

"Fhanks!" She said after I put the headphones on over her head. "You're welcome, baby." And with that, I sat back down in the passenger seat with a sigh.

"If it helps any, he misses you lot," Niall spoke up.

I can't sleep, no not like I used to
I can't breathe in and out like I need to
It's breaking ice now to make any movement
What's your vice? You know that mine's the illusion

All at once
(As I'm trying)
I can help you out
(Just to keep things right)
I'll be what you need, I'll do anything
(I kill myself to make everything perfect for you)
Goodbye apathy, so long apathy

So don't sit still
Don't you move away from here

So goodbye apathy
(As I'm trying)
So long fancy free
(Just to keep things right)
Goodbye apathy, I don't wanna be you
(Kill myself to make everything perfect for you)


"I know," I mumbled, breaking our silence. "I just want to be able to take care of myself for once, yeh know? I've never not been taken care of."

He turned down the volume on the radio a few notches. He glanced over at me for a few seconds, before turning his attention back to the hilly roads of Cheshire. "Liam is one of those people who grew up with his dad taking care of his family and providing for them, and that's all that he's trying to do," he explained. "You may not be married, but you're a family and he wants to provide for you and protect you. And you have to let him."

All I could do was nod. Because Niall was right. As much as I hated to admit it, he was. I had to let Liam provide for us and protect us. That kind of stuff was made into a guys genes. They were born with it. Some went through with it and others didn't. Liam was one of those that went above and beyond.

So goodbye apathy
(As I'm trying)
So long fancy free
(Just to keep things right)
Goodbye apathy, I don't wanna be you
(Kill myself to make everything perfect for you)

Everybody is watching you
Everybody is watching me too
Everybody is watching you
Everybody is watching me too
(I can't sleep)


Are we done being stubborn?


Yeah. I really am sorry, Li.


Have Niall bring you to my place.


"Can you take me to Liam's place?" The fact that he said my place instead of our place hurt. But I didn't let it show. At least I tried. Niall nodded and changed the song. I almost scoffed.

Wise men say only fools rush in
but I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you—


"Really Niall? Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis?" I questioned. "Seriously?"

He shrugged with a smirk. "The music gets you and your situation."

Oh whatever.

&&&

"Mummy!" Presley exclaimed. "Mummy, look! A pwetty house!"

I awoke from my sleep and blinked my eyes a few times. Niall was driving down a long gravel driveway. Where was he taking us? As if reading my mind, he spoke up.

"Just ask Liam," he said. "He'll explain it."

With a nod, I turned back to look out the windows. Presley oohed and awed at everything. The garden in the front. The big front yard. The big house. She loved it all and we hadn't even got out of the car. I climbed out of the passenger seat and then got her out of the back. She was placed on my hip as she tried to wiggle her way out of my arms. "Pres, stop," I spoke firmly. She immediately quit. Niall got out bag out of the back and handed it to me, then climbed back in his car.

"Ni—"

He cut me off. "Go knock on the door." He waved goodbye and turned his car around, leaving us standing there. With a sigh, I made my way to the black front door and rang the bell. It sounded like one of those big church bells. I always loved those. A second later the door opened to reveal Liam.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi," I mumbled. Presley grinned great big at him. "Hi Daddy!" She exclaimed. She practically lunged at him, throwing herself into his arms. The grin that appeared on his face was enough to make my heart swell.

"Hey Babygirl," he greeted, kissing her forehead and hugging her. "I missed you."

"Me missed you too!" I hated to interrupt their moment, but I needed answers.

"What is this? Niall wouldn't tell me." I motioned around us to the house and everything else.

He situated Presley in his arms to where her little bum was basically sitting on his arm and her legs were dangling down. The look he gave me made me nervous. Did I want to know what all this was? Did I really? What if he didn't want to be with me anymore? I mean, to be honest, I wouldn't blame him. I came with a lot of baggage. A psycho ex, a daughter, etc.

"I bought us a house," he replied.

He what?

"The flat was getting crowded and kids need a yard to play in, so I started looking when Harry and I got back from seeing you lot," he explained. "I want to be a family and have our own house and a dog."

My eyes started watering and a stray tear made it's way down my cheek. Without saying anything, I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a peck on the lips. "I want that too," I mumbled, looking up at him. "I want it all. I want this."

The corners of his mouth lifted up in a smile. "Good." He bent his head down and gave me a weak in the knees kiss. "I love you."

"I—"

"Mummy, Daddy! That's icky!"

&&&

"Come here, babe!"

I folded the last pair of Presley's pants and put them in her dresser before making my way downstairs. He had got all the furniture in the house, but the walls were bare. He told me I could have free reign with decorating. That was honestly every girls dream. To have free reign in decorating their own house that they live in with their boyfriend or husband. And Pinterest was my go-to thing. As soon as he told me that, I immediately got on Pinterest, made a new board, and started pinning.

"Mummy!" Presley squealed. "Mummy, look it!"

As soon as my feet hit the last step, she came running in the foyer with a leash in hand and a dog on the end of it. Liam was leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed and a smile on his face. "Daddy gots me a puppy!"

"You got her a dog?" I questioned. "You got my two year old daughter a dog?"

He chuckled. "I got our daughter a dog."

That's just what we needed. A bloody dog. I not only had to potty train Presley but I had to potty train the dog. Don't get me wrong, I loved dogs and this dog was downright adorable, but new dogs were a lot of work. Especially with a toddler. This would be an experience for the books. With a sigh, I nodded. "What's it's name?"

"Kona."

"Breed?"

"Pomsky."

"Boy or girl?"

"Girl."

I smirked. "You're a bit outnumbered, yeah?"

He reciprocated the gesture. "Wouldn't have it any other way. I love my girls."

Wouldn't have it any other way. I love my girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
House
Kona
Lennon
Presley

I saw the boys in St. Louis Wednesday and they were amazing! Jamie Scott opened for them and he is beyond talented. Be sure to check him out. And let's just say that my little six year old cousin, Alli had a blast at the concert. There's pictures and videos on my tumblr. (ifancyhaz)