Status: Updates every Friday (hopefully) leave me a comment telling me what you think! <3

Deducing Tragedy Part One: See No Evil

The Monster

When John came home I was in the living room sitting at my computer. “How was your day?” I
asked as my fingers glided across the pad in front of the key board.

“Fine” he sighed, hanging up his jacket. “There was another murder, the one that goes after the women.”

“Lestrade still hasn’t caught him?” I asked turning around to face him. “But they found that girl a week and a half ago!”

“And while you gave him a lot on the girl, you didn’t give him much on the monster doing this” John pointed out as he walked into the kitchen, the floor creaking under his weight.

“Yes and an inspector shouldn’t need so much help” I growled turning back to the computer. “But then again he is an incompetent bastard.” And, I thought, monsters are hard to find.

“You have a lot of anger towards him” John said filling the kettle with water before letting it clank loudly on the stove top.

“I have a lot of anger towards a lot of people john” I said as I pulled up the article on the new victim and began reading. Maybe it was time for me to call Lestrade, help him with this monster since he was too incompetent to find mine.

“Yes well you don’t show it…” he trailed off as he reentered the living room. “Hey how are you on the computer if you can see?”

“Oh please” I laughed at him. “Something as exciting as the internet and you think us blind people wouldn’t want a part of it?”

He moved to stand behind me, “how do you do it then?”

“This pad” I said, my fingers still running across it. “It recreates the web page on the screen and puts the words into brail so that I can read it.”

“Ok and what about clicking?” he asked. He placed his hand on the back of my chair and leaned forward to brace the other against the table near my arm.

“Double tap” I smiled as I clicked next to continue reading the rest of the article.

“That’s amazing” he breathed as he turned to walk over to his chair.

“Well for two million pounds it better be” I mused before shutting it down and walking over to where my last couple boxes sat near the door way.

“Excuse me- how much?” he asked, shock making his pitch raise slightly.

“Two million” I said as I opened the one on top and ran my fingers lightly over the contents. My books perfect. I could feel him staring at me as I made my way over to the book shelf I’d cleared off earlier. I didn’t know what the titles where but I figured it wasn’t too much to ask for the two lowest shelves for my books.

“How-“ he stopped himself. “I don’t mean to pry-but how-“

“-Can I afford it?” I asked turning to face him briefly before I resumed putting my books away. “My settlement was quiet large.”

“Settlement?” he asked. “So you sued after your-“

“After I lost my site I needed help” I said in a low tone. Painful memories came rushing back as I spoke, memories a time when my Monster was hiding in the shadows, waiting to catch me alone. “Basic, everyday things were now a challenge and I was angry. I sued Scotland Yard and won.” the kettle went off, ending the conversation.

“Leave the bag out” I called as he went to get us cups. “I like to put it in myself”

“Yeah I know” he said before walking back into the room. “I left it on your table with the teabag next to it.”

“Thank you” I said running my fingers over the spins of my books before placing them on the shelves.

“Do you need any help?” he asked walking over towards my chair; His finger tapping rhythmically against his cup.

“Do you suddenly know how to read brail?” I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

“I-well- no but”

“Then I'm fine John” I smiled. “Normal person, remember? I can put my books away on my own.”

“I want to help” he said shifting uneasily, the floor creaking underneath him.

“Then can you put the rest of my boxes in my room?” I asked turning back to the shelf. “On the far wall under the window please”

“Right, ok” he said before setting his tea on his table and walking over to the boxes. There were three boxes left of the things I’d decided to bring with me to the flat. The rest of my stuff including much of my furniture had been put into storage. I idly wondered how long it would be in there before I had to move out. Sherlock was alive, and while I was currently living here I knew it was only a matter of time before he would ask for his space back. I would give it to him, no use arguing over it.

When he came back from my room I was sitting in my chair sipping my tea as I ran my fingers over the first page of my favorite book. “Thank you John” I said as he sat down, I turned the page and paused, my fingers running over a sticky note. Oh god.

“Hanna-“

“Not tonight John” I said cutting him off as I stood up. Tucking my book under my arm I made my way to the kitchen entryway. I turned to look back at him, “I'm done talking for tonight. I’ll see you in the morning, yes?”

“I-um- sure” he said turning in his chair to face him. “Goodnight Hanna”

I smiled at him, “Good night John.” I walked quickly to my room and closed the door behind me. I set my tea and book on the nightstand before sitting down on the bed. There I sat, waiting, listening for even the slightest sound.

But as I felt the bed move under his weight I remembered. Remembered how quiet he was, how he never made sound when he moved. I remembered that Monsters never make a sound; they appear out of thin air. Out of the Shadows.

“Hello Hanna” he said, his voice low and smooth. His fingers running down my arm before taking my hand into his. “It’s been a while. I missed you”

“What are you doing here?” I asked, my shaking voice was barely more than a whisper.

“Don’t take that tone with me luv” he said, his grip on my hand tightened painfully.

“I'm sorry” I whispered and he released my hand. He pushed me back on my bed, his hands on either side of my head and he bent down to put his lips to my ear.

“I heard you were helping the police with one of my girls” he said smelling my hair.

“Your-“

“Shhhh” he silenced me with a nip to my earlobe. “Now, I’ve been trying to get your attention for a long time Hanna, but I just will not tolerate you working against me.” I said nothing as his teeth grazed against my neck.

“But now that I’ve gained your attention, I guess I don’t need the girls anymore” he hissed. “So the one I killed before coming over here was a waist…” I whimpered as I felt his hand close around my throat.

“Hush now Hanna” he whispered in a soft voice. “There is no need to be afraid, I'm here to protect you from the monsters, remember?” I nodded slowly and he withdrew his body from mine. I heard the window shut but I dared not move. Hours passed before I crawled under the blankets but that night, I did not sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here we meet our monster, delightful isn't he? Leave me a review telling me what you think of our little bad boy :) but don’t get too attached, he is a Monster remember...