Status: Rating might go up

Matters of the Heart

The One for You

She sat still as she listen to what her friend has to say. It was usually all the same, horrible girl that treats her friend like dirt and once gaining enough fame they leave.

This time it was different.

"Minka? Minka reached out to you?" Anger appeared on her face. Why in the hell would that bitch call?

"Shelby..." Chris sighed, showing his tired eyes. "I know this is out of the blue," Shelby scoffed in agreement, "but she sounded...sincere?"

"Sincere? Your not even sure yourself." She blankly pointed out his conflict of emotions, "She dumped you because she got bored with you. Do you not understand the velocity of what she did to your heart?"

Her eyes focused on the conflicted soul. Scratching his scruffy cheek, the etched in his voice. "I'm just tired of being alone Shel. I ant to be with a girl that gets me and even though what Minka did was fucked up; I'm considering it."

Shelby could not process what he was saying. Did he just-

"Are you seriously taking her back?" she murmured in shock. "You can do so much better than her."

A long lanky arm arm wrapped around Chris muscular shoulders. "You'll find her." After all that Chris has been through, he can be critical of himself when it came to relationships.

He even took what Minka said to heart and started to change himself.

"Where Shel? Where can I find that girl?" Chris looked at her expectedly.

If Shelby had the courage to say what she was thinking then Chris might be spared more heartache. Until then, he will have to be cautious around Minka.