Here, Darling.

Fevers Got Me Sweating And You Know I'm Burning Up

Date two was planned and over with, the pair going to play mini-golf before going for a quick lunch. It was sweet and totally Zack and Alaska couldn’t help but have fun, the pair finishing the date with a quick coffee before Alaska had to jet off and collect Alaska from school.

They were taking it slow, just like they agreed, and had planned their third, something which Jack and Lucy would constantly make jokes about how that was the night when they were getting to “do the vertical jigging dance of fornication”. But whenever it was said, Zack and Alaska couldn’t fight the blush off their face, mumbling back a half hearted comment as they tried to awkwardly change the subject.

They hadn’t planned anything extravagant, just going out bowling and then for a simple pizza, something that didn’t put pressure on the pair by doing something extravagant or over the top, which was definitely not the pair.

Alaska was excited to get out the house, but she really wasn’t looking forward to having to leave Ava again for the night. She felt like the pair hadn’t seen each other for a while with Ava constantly either at nursery or with the guys, Lucy or Chris and with Alaska constantly at O’s or trying to get the bakery up and running to finally leave time for her to spend time with her daughter.

She had struggled enough trying to find time to see Zack, something she felt bad about because to an outsider it would sound like she was making Zack a higher priority than Ava and she definitely wasn’t.

“Mama, I don’t feel so good” Ava wheezed, slinking into the room in her Finding Nemo pyjamas, hands clenched to her stomach as her brunette hair to her pale, clammy face.

Alaska turned around on her stool, placing her foundation brush on the counter as she took a seat on the bath, turning to open her arms to her daughter who immediately crawled into her arms, her face nuzzling into her mother’s chest as Alaska placed her hand to Ava’s forehead, frowning at how hot it was.

“Oh baby, this isn’t good” Alaska muttered, immediately scooping Ava up and carrying Ava out of the bathroom and into Ava’s room, placing the child in the middle of the bed and pulling the quilt up to rap the child up, quickly rubbing back to the bathroom to grab the medicine kit, quickly popping out the thermometer and placing it in Ava’s mouth, who instantly began fidgeting trying to pull it out.

“Come on baby relax” Alaska cooed, stroking a hand down Ava’s face as she gently plucked the thermometer from her daughter’s mouth, eyebrows furrowing as she analysed the number, placing the thermometer on the side as Ava immediately jumped out of bed, running to the toilet and throwing up, missing and getting at least half of it all over the floor.

“I’m sorry Mama” Ava began, her lip quivering slightly as her eye’s began to water, Alaska immediately trying to ooze soothing words, trying to get Ava to calm down before she began crying, something that she knew would only get the poor child worked up and then extremely tired.

“Ava, baby, its fine, trust me you were far messier as a baby. Now let’s get you tucked into bed or would you prefer to cuddle on the sofa and watch a movie?” Alaska suggested, picking the poor girl up and cuddling her against her after cleaning up the rest of the vomit and washing her hands, turning to head to the kitchen, placing Ava on her hip as she poured the girl a glass of water.

Chris poked his head around the door, eye brow raised as he glanced from the slightly green girl to Alaska who merely shook her head, pointing towards the door indicating that he was free to go out with his friend’s if he wanted to.

“Sure you don’t want me to stick around?” Chris asked, already pulling a clean black shirt over his chest, pulling on his shoes as Alaska simply nodded, already rifling through the cabinet to try and see if they had any sickness medicine as he headed out the door, letting it slam shut behind him.

“Mama” Ava wheezed, this time opening her mouth allowing the vomit to fall out of it and all over her pyjama’s, this action causing her to repeat it again, a look of disgust plastered on her face as she tried to stop herself, Alaska only able to slide a bowl under her mouth to catch the second bout.

“I know it sucks baby” Alaska sympathised, guiding Ava out of the room and towards the bathroom, striping her out of the smelly pyjamas as she drew the bath, waiting till it was warm enough before placing the small child in it, allowing her to clean herself as she headed to Ava’s bedroom to retrieve a clean pair of pyjamas, settling on a Minnie Mouse footsie set as she headed back to the bathroom to find the young girl now stood in the centre of the room, huddling in a large fluffy white towel.

“Do you feel any better?” Alaska asked, a small smile placed on her face from seeing how distressed her baby was, it killed her in side that she couldn’t switch places with her.

“You get dressed Ava and I’ll go get you some medicine, okay?” Alaska asked, bending down to her daughters levels, taking in her wide emerald eyes, placing a small kiss on her clammy forehead before hurrying back to the kitchen, rifling through the cabinet trying to find what she was looking for.

Her hand was darting around the different bottles and pill packets, eyes quickly scanning the labels trying to find the correct one when the doorbell, Alaska grumbled, shouting to them that the door was open a triumphant smile wrapping around her face when her hand clasped the right bottle, pulling it out and coming face to face with Zack, her face instantly falling when she realised that tonight was the night of her date.

“Oh my gosh, Zack!” Alaska gasped, her face crumbling as she slapped her forehead, looking down at her sweat and her baggy Incredible Hulk shirt, hand gripping tightly onto the glass bottle.

“Either you forgot or you’re taking casual to the extreme on our date” Zack half smiled, Alaska not even having chance to reply as Ava began shouting her from her bedroom, Alaska immediately running out the kitchen and into the little girls bedroom.

“Mama, my tummy really hurts” Ava mumbled, tears welling in her eyes as she griped her stomach from where she was sat, this was definitely how tonight was meant to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?!