Here, Darling.

Whatchu Know About That?

Today was a very important day for Ava this was because it was careers day at kindergarten where every student had to bring in one of their parents to talk about the career they did.

Ava wanted Alaska to go but with how busy the woman was she wasn’t able to attend, also she did not think it was fitting to tell the children about how up until recently she had been working in a bar where probably some of their single uncles went to.

So instead Ava had somehow coaxed Zack into attending, telling him that was going to be so cool because no one else would be bringing a rock star into class and they were going to be so jealous because all their dads did was a post man or a milk man.

Zack was willing to go which surprised Alaska, usually a man would be running to the hills getting worried that the child was getting to attached to them for it to be a healthy just-for-fun relationship because as soon as the child got attached then things turned messy.

Instead he made plans to pick the girl up early and to take her into school after stopping to treat her to breakfast. This had made even happier, insisting that as she was being treated like a princess then she had to dress like one, donning her nicest dress which she had only one before when she was attending church for Spencer’s auntie’s wedding which she had been invited to. Slipping her feet into the matching patent shoes and trying to do her hair before her mother got up.

Ava however was struggling to tie the ribbon in her hair, instead causing her hair to tangle so when Alaska woke up after her alarm had gone off and headed into her daughters room to get her ready she couldn’t help but giggle when she saw hear daughter already dressed with the brush tangled in her hair, eyes narrowed in concentration while a pout formed onto her lips.

“I thought you’d be still asleep baby” Alaska chuckled, walking into the room as she ran a hand through her hair, one of Max’s old baggy shirts hanging from her frame as she sat on the floor behind Ava, pulling the little girl onto her lap as she began to try and tackle the mess of hair.

After fifteen minutes she had finally settled the girl back into a reasonable fashion, before the two curled up on the sofa watching some cartoon show while they waited for the arrival of Zack.

They were half way through a Scooby Doo episode when the doorbell rang, Ava immediately jumping off of the couch as she ran down the hall throwing the door open as Alaska stumbled after her, trying to catch up with the girl.

“Hey Princess, you ready?” Zack questioned, bending down to the girls level, who immediately nodded, arms wrapping around Zack’s neck in a tight hug before releasing the poor boy and running back to her mother and wrapping her arms around her mother’s legs in a parting hug.

“Have fun with Zack, baby” Alaska murmured, kissing the top of Ava’s head, not bothering to care that she was stood in front of Zack looking like a mess with her hair probably looking like something that would be fashionable in a Tim Burton film.

“Hey” Zack smiled stepping forward and grabbing Alaska by the wrist and pulling her forward into a tight hug, Alaska immediately relaxing against him as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Hey yourself” Alaska smiled, her heart instantly beating faster in her chest as her eyes locked with him “Did I mention yesterday how much of a cute baby you are?” she said, a smirk pulling on her lips as Zack’s cheeks started to cooler, his eyes narrowing into a girl.

“I knew I should of told my parent’s no when they asked to meet you” Zack grumbled as Alaska chuckled, not bothering to say any more as Ava came rushing back, her school bag clutched in her hands as she waved good bye to her mother while the other hand was dragging Zack down the street, the boy stumbling after the small girl.

Alaska shut the door behind the pair, deciding she should get ready for the rest of the day, knowing that Jack would be around soon enough to help her with the small tasks she had at hand.

As always Jack always came at a different time to what was agreed, instead of turning up at 10am he was sat in the girls kitchen at 8:30 eating away at a bowl of Cap’n Crunch, giving the girl a great fright when she exited the bathroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around her body.

“How the hell did you get in here?” Alaska shrieked, gripping the towel closer to herself as she hurried into her bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her as she began pulling on the first item of clothing she could get her hands on.

“ Dhrif lef d an “Jack mumbled, his mouth full causing Alaska to stick her head out the door, unable to make hide nor hair out of what Jack was saying.

“What?” She questioned before being cut off by the boy who was now shouting over, his voice sounding closer and closer as she hastily pulled a top over her body to try and keep herself modesty and show no flesh that wasn’t needed.

“I said that Chris let me in on his way into work” Jack said, now barging his into Alaska’s room, collapsing onto Alaska’s neatly made bed, wiggling around to get comfy and causing to ruin all the effort she had put into tidying her room.

“Jack” Alaska squealed, quickly fastening the buttons onto her jeans, turning to glare at the boy yet again “You can’t just barge into people’s rooms when they’ve just had a shower” she scolded as if he was her child, earning nothing but an eye roll in return.

“Please it’s probably nothing that I haven’t seen on other girls already...” Jack shrugged, sitting up on the bed, crossing his legs as he began to drum his things on the bed spread, mumbling and chanting under his breath finally cracking Alaska from putting her make up on and demanding that they left straight away before she was trialled for first degree murder.

“So what’s so urgent to discuss that you offered to help me?” Alaska questioned forty minutes or so later as they trailed through antique and vintage stores, looking through different items trying to find pieces for her bakery.

Jack on the other hand was in the clothing section, trying on different types of hats and glasses, posing and pouting in the mirror, giving himself his most seductive face before placing the item back and putting another one. Turning to give Alaska an eye roll before carrying on the process, lips pursed before even thinking of answering her.

“I was wondering if you could help me” he mumbled, his words hard for Alaska to hear and to understand even when she strained her ears, it was just like trying to get words out of Ava when she was trying to tell her mother she had been naughty at school.

“What was that Jack?” Alaska asked, abandoning the plates and centre pieces that she was looking at idly and slinking off towards the boy, her curiosity getting the better her and everyone knew that girls loved to know the gossip.

“I was wondering if you could help me get a date with someone...” Jack trailed off; his voice was childish and grumpy, as though this was the last thing in the world that he wanted to discuss with this girl.

“Oh, anyone I know?” Alaska asked excited, wondering who was the girl who had caught young Jackerias’ affections wondering if the pair would get on because she definitely needed more friends that were girls to help her escape from the testosterone.

“God, keep your voice down” Jack said sheepishly looking over her shoulders, trying to see if anyone was paying attention, like if anyone heard what they were discussing his words would be over.

“It’s Lucy” he mumbled, rubbing the back of his head so hard it was beginning to turn a bright red colour, clashing brightly against his dark hair and shirt. Alaska just snorted, shaking her head before abandoning the boy and heading back towards the shelf she had been stood at before, beginning to lose interest in the conversation.

“Hey, wait?!” Jack called after her, flabbergasted as to why the girl was abandoning him in his hour of need; after all did she not hear him asking for her help to land him the girl of his dreams, and not just the sexual ones after all Jack could be a gentlemen, even though most people thought he was a filthy scoundrel. “Did you hear what I just said?!”

“Yeah, that’s old news J, I even think Lucy know that you like her” Alaska chuckled, picking up one extremely floral plate, turning it over in her hand and inspecting the bag, lips pursed before placing it back onto the shelf.

“Really?” Jack questioned, gnawing at his lips wondering if the girl actually new his intentions, because in Jack’s head he was the perfect vision of stealth, dressed in a suit like bond and ordering martini’s shaken not stirred, his poker face perfect.

“Duh, you practically drool when you see her” Alaska said, poking the boy in the ribs before heading further down the aisle, fingers trailing over the different plates as Alaska scanned them, trying to find the perfect one’s that she had pictured in her head.

“I don’t and anyway I didn’t think you noticed anything when you and Zack are making kiss faced to each other” Jack tried as a comeback, but realising that he failed as the girl merely shrugged, smirking over her shoulders at the boy.

She would definitely like to help score a date or at least a chance of a date with Lucy because in her honest opinion she thought that the pair were perfect for each other, and would love to see them together and happy.

“So, would you help?” Jack sighed, going back to his neck scratching habit, know mixing the move with a slight scuff of the toe of his shoe helping him advert his attention away from the girl in front of him as he waited for her to deliberate and determine her answer.

“Sure I would Jacky, but it’s going to cost you” Alaska grinned at the boy who merely groaned, knowing that Alaska was going to turn things around to give her an advantage.