Revenge by Animal

Jason's Point of View

The moment that girl discovered me I’ve been trying to find a different animal to disguise as. I couldn’t have her going to people and telling them what she saw and heard, even if they’ll probably only think of her as crazy. I also didn’t want to be bothered by her, and most of all, she reminded me of my wife although I couldn’t quite figure out how.

I ditched the idea of eating zoo animal food. I turned back into a human and hurriedly put on the shirt and my previously worn jeans. I then morphed into a mallard, one of the fastest birds on earth, and flew out of the zoo, to the nearest fast food place. I still can’t believe how fast my life went downhill. I saw a BK. As a lady was handing a drive-thru customer his food, I swooped down, clutched the bag between my talons (being a bird really comes in handy) and flew off with his paid food. I felt like a thieving scavenger.

I was flying to Gateway Park, the nearest one next to the zoo, when I felt that I was in danger. I turned my little mallard head around and spotted a red-tailed hawk. I wasn’t clear on what he wanted, me or my food, but I flew my wings as fast as they could go.
The hawk finally got tired of the chase and went to stalk down some other type of prey.

I sat down on the park bench and discovered that this bag was a mangy kids’ meal. It had 4 chicken nuggets, a small fruit punch, and a small thing of fries. Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers and I was already hungry enough. No need to starve myself because of stubbornness.

I was halfway through with my meal when a light bulb popped up in my head. I knew what I had to do. Avenge my wife.