Status: Hello readers, sorry I will not be updating till 5th June (due to exams) hang on until then please:)

The Fortune Teller

It was always half invented.

Sorry to bail on coffee, but I’ll c u tonight at mine 7pm sharp xo

Charlotte read the text off Rosie, and groaned with the thought of the party. She didn’t mind that Rosie was cancelling their coffee really. Charlotte was busy, she just needed to pack up her stuff and prepare for when she moves into her new apartment with her new roommate, who to her surprise was as good as a roommate could be. Her name was Rissa, she was currently sporting pink and red toned long wavy hair, she was almost as pale as Charlotte, and had the daintiest features. The only way to describe Rissa was that she was a pixie. She was happy but a quiet happy, she was the something different that Charlotte needs. And luckily for Charlotte, Rissa was just as taken with Charlotte.

Most of her things were already packed away, her closest was mostly packed, just a few clothes left out along with shoes. Her books and DVD’s were all safely away. It was just kitchen necessities and minor tad bits. Charlotte was worried about Thor and Zelda getting along with Rissa’s cat Toby, but other than that there were no worries. Charlotte at least wanted to get the important boxes down to Rissa’s flat, which was rather large for just the two of them. it was bigger than Charlotte’s cottage which was nice. The flat was near steel city but still on the outskirts it was in a nice area from what Charlotte could tell. Rissa speaks highly of it, almost with pride.

Charlotte picked up Thor, cuddling him as she wandered around her cottage, absorbing her surroundings. She was going to miss this, but it will be nice, a new change also to get away from her mum and douche-dick.

“Charlie, darling, can I speak with you please?” Her mother called from the front door.

Charlotte pulled a face at Thor before shouting. “Come in, better make it quick.”

Melissa walked into her daughter’s cottage, taken aback by the boxes, coming face to face with her daughter. “What is going on here?” She questioned.

Charlie rolled her eyes, let out a bitter laugh. “I am giving you what you and Brian want. I am leaving. I have found a flat with a friend and moving in there.”

Melissa looked shocked at this news, her brows furrowing causing more wrinkles to etch onto her face. “So soon? Just before Christmas? I thought you would move after Christmas. Spend one last one with your family.”

“Mum, I am sorry but you are my family not Brian. And you wanted me out, he made it pretty clear, don’t flake just because he isn’t about, you should’ve made that decision before he told me to get lost. I need a change anyway.” Charlotte sighed, not looking at her mum directly, cuddling Thor close to her for comfort.

“Charlie, you know he didn’t mean it like that...” Melissa trailed off in doubt.

“Stop please. I don’t want our relationship to fall just because of that man. But you wanted me out, and I am out. Leave it as that, otherwise I won’t be returning anytime soon.” Charlotte said firmly.

She was about to say something else to her mum, but a knock at her door caught her words to choke in her throat, making no escape. Melissa bowed her head, raising her eyebrows before walking away towards the door.

“Just know that I love you, Charlie, don’t be a stranger.” Melissa mumbled.

Charlotte sighed loudly, willing herself to not to cry.

“Er, bad timin’?” A gruff voice grumbled.

Charlotte turned around in surprise. She forgot the knock at the door. She was even more surprised to see Oliver Sykes, standing at her door. Her mouth almost fell open. Her soppy pitiful moment was soon over her head and faced with Oliver.

Charlotte cleared her throat, “A little, but whatever, how can I help you?” Charlotte asked, placing a wriggling Thor on the floor, she watched him waddle over to Oliver and greet him with sniffs.

“Rissa sent me down, sayin’ yeh needed help with yeh boxes.” Oliver mumbled, his hazel eyes finally meeting Charlotte’s blue ones.

“Ah, figures. Come on in ignore the state of the place.” Charlotte babbled, as she walked into her living room where Zelda was sleeping on top of the main boxes. “Did Rissa say much?”

Oliver shrugged. “Not really, just excited I guess. She hasn’t had a roommate in ages, so er good luck.”

Charlotte rolled her eyes. “Come on, I’ve had plenty practice with Rosie, I think I can cope with Rissa.”

“Good point.” Oliver chuckled, his hazel eyes darting around the room, almost assessing his surroundings.

Charlotte tugged at her oversized shirt, she felt so unattractive. She was wearing her holey leggings, with her hair screwed in a messy bun with no makeup. She felt so self-conscious. There was something about Oliver that put Charlotte on edge. She was attracted to him and found him incredibly intimidating.

“Rissa also said she wants yeh to get ready at hers, bondin’ time or somethin’.” Oliver said, as he walked towards the pile of boxes.

Charlotte walked over with him, accidently bumping into him. She mumbled a sorry before picking up Zelda off the boxes, earning a growl and a near slash on the arm.

“Temperamental bugger,” Charlotte grumbled, as she narrowed her eyes at her irritable cat that she just placed on the ground away from any of the boxes. “I suppose so, are you close with her then?”

Oliver glanced at Charlotte with a soft smile. “Ye’ she is like the sister I’ve never had, but somehow more irritatin’ and annoyin’.”

Charlotte returned a small smile. She took Oliver’s fondness of Rissa a good sign. Like the perfect move.

“Just a warnin’ though, she used to have a thing with Tom. So avoid talkin’ about him as much as yeh can, plus her boyfriend is a nutter, she won’t be with him much longer so prepare yehself for the waterworks. Rissa is pretty simple otherwise.” Oliver said.

Charlotte nodded her head. “Okay, thanks.”

“So which boxes, do yeh want me to take first?” Oliver asked.

Charlotte glanced at him before looking at the boxes around the place, she pointed to the stack next to them. “Erm, take these ones first please.”

“’Kay...” Oliver mumbled before getting off to work taking the boxes from the cottage to his van.

Charlotte finished off packing the rest of her stuff, only few minor items left behind that she could collect throughout the week. She never would’ve thought that she’d be moving so quick. All this rush was something that taking Charlotte a long time to digest.

“All the boxes are in the van.” Oliver announced as he walked through the door once again.

“Thank you!” Charlotte smiled, “I just need to get Thor and Zelda ready. Then I’ll follow you there?”

Oliver nodded his head. He walked further into the cottage, crouching down beside Thor, stroking his head. Charlotte tried not to smile too wide, any guy who was good with dogs or cats were perfect, quite simple. She focused her attention on Zelda who was lying on her back, trying to make everything more difficult by not cooperating.

“Zelda...” Charlotte cooed, stroking her belly to which Zelda rolled onto her front. Charlotte grabbed her and secured her in her arms. “I need to put this toad in my car, could you bring Thor please?”

“Yeah sure,” Oliver nodded his head.

Charlotte slipped on a pair of moccasins and walked towards her car, placing Zelda in the backseat along with Oliver placing Thor in too. She leaned against her car, with a big sigh. She looked at her mum’s house for one last time, gnawing on her lip, hoping she was making the right decision.

“I am just going to lock up.” Charlotte murmured, walking away from Oliver. She could feel tears welling up in her eyes, she blinked them away quickly. Showing emotions was a weakness, she thought.

It was nearly late afternoon by the time, Charlotte, Rissa and Oliver managed to get the boxes from Oliver’s van to Rissa’s flat or now Rissa’s and Charlotte’s flat. Rissa fell in love with Thor and would not leave him alone, to which Oliver snickered every time he saw Thor run away and cower by Charlotte. Charlotte smiled, Zelda too was comfortable in the new flat, finding a seat to laze on plus she got along with Toby, Rissa’s cat. So it was all playing out rather good, verging on perfect. Charlotte was feeling too lazy, to open up any boxes so she left it as it was.

Oliver was lazing on their couch, having control of the remote which meant that some scary ass film was on the television. Rissa was sat beside him, complaining. Charlotte let out a yawn as she walked into the living room, sitting on the love seat on her own. Thor tootled over to her, demanding attention by licking her hand. Charlotte rolled her eyes, picking him up and tucking him under her arm, stroking his head.

“I can’t believe I have a roommate. Oh my, you are fabulous, do you know that?” Rissa babbled, her eyes twinkling.

Oliver groaned, sending Charlotte a sympathizing look.

“Shut the fuck up Sykes, I am awesome. Your opinion is invalid.” Rissa retorted, slapping him on the side.

Charlotte laughed lightly, easing into their sibling like banter. “Yeah, Oli, Rissa is awesome.”

“You know what, I love you Charlie hun. Normally every girl I know defends this fucker before me.” Rissa pouted, crossing her thin arms across her chest in a look of cheekiness.

“Traitor,” Oliver mumbled underneath his breath, but the smirk on his face assured Charlotte that he was teasing.

“I think it must be the charm, right. I mean all girls find it irresistible...” Charlotte trailed off, before shooting Oliver a smirk, “apart from girls who have brains though.”

Rissa laughed loudly, rolling onto her side as she laughed. Oliver couldn’t help but let a smile grow, he clearly wasn’t use to girls being so hard faced around him but he couldn’t deny that he liked it. Charlotte let out a laugh, rolling her eyes playfully.

“Whatever, go and get dressed, do whatever yeh girls do. I have to get yeh at Rosie’s soon.” Oliver smirked.

Charlotte kissed the top of Thor’s head before passing him to Oliver, who accepted Thor without a question or even mere uncertain glance. It felt weird having a normal start of regularity, the way things were almost effortless. It soothed Charlotte as much as she missed having her own space, she needed this she needed human companionship. She needed regularity and norms with friends, even so called friends like Oliver. A big smile was making its way onto her face this was going to be the start of something just right.

***

Getting ready took Charlotte longer than she thought. She managed to settle on a white lace dress that didn’t reveal too much to make Charlotte look like a slut but didn’t entirely make her look saint like either, the dress fit Charlotte perfectly, hugged her frame and managed to show off all her best assets, which were her toned legs and graceful arms. She paired it with a pair of black Jeffrey Campbell’s tardy boots. Her makeup was minimal, just foundation, blush, mascara and dark plum red lipstick. Luckily, Charlotte’s hair was knotted into a messy bun still. It managed to show off the start of Charlotte’s tattoo, which was revealed in the back dress cut out. She had to admit, she looked rather pretty.

“Come on Charlie! You nugget!” Rissa shouted, her voice light and teasing.

Charlotte grabbed a bag, stuffing her phone and emergency cash. She walked out of her room and towards the living room where Oliver and Rissa were sat. Rissa looked stunning in a bright red velvet dress and mega high black thick platform boots. Her hair was flowing in a perfect mane, her makeup a minimal apart from this silver glittery star around her left eye. She was like a mini Lady Gaga, so eccentric and crazy. Charlotte felt jealous of how perfect Rissa could look even if she didn’t give a fuck.

“I am ready, bossy boots.” Charlotte mumbled from her spot by the door.

She saw both Oliver and Rissa glance at her, Oliver’s mouth almost fell slightly before he realised and closed it. Rissa just squealed in girlishly delight.

“My roommate is the prettiest prima ballerina, ever. You put me to shame.” Rissa giggled, her arm intertwining with Charlotte’s as she leaded her out towards Oliver’s car.

“Fuck off, stop messing me about. You look stunning, Riss.” Charlotte rolled her eyes playfully.

“Please don’t fuel ‘er ego.” Oliver smirked as he walked towards his car which was hidden behind his van.

“Excuse me! Just ‘cause your ego got bruised, don’t need no pretty white boy bringin’ me down.” Rissa
giggled, faking a ghetto voice.

Charlotte laughed along. Their banter was ever ongoing, reminding her of siblings. Especially the way Charlotte is with Polly. She admired them both for that. It was almost as if it was for her benefit too, easing into their life.

“Ah so I guess your car is fine now?” Charlotte asked as she slid into the backseat since Rissa called ‘shotgun’.

Oliver glanced at Charlotte through the rear view mirror, the smirk still present. “Yeah, she is smooth runnin’ now.”

Charlotte smirked. “As if, your car will probably choke it down and die on the spot.”

Rissa gasped. “Please don’t jinx it, fuck remember the last bloody time!”

Oliver laughed lightly, rolling his eyes. “Yeh fuckin’ enjoyed tha’ trip don’t even lie.”

By the time they got to Rosie’s, they picked her up along with Lee and decided on making their way straight to the party. Rosie was gushing with excitement, Rissa too was fuelling that excitement it was like having two hyper active puppies bouncing and running on this fuel of rainbows, bunnies and all the pretty things. Oliver occasionally met Charlotte’s eyes in the rear view mirror, his expression matching hers, both irritated. They pulled up outside a house that already looked full of people, the music was loud obnoxious techno beat and there was already someone outside in the front garden puking their guts up. Charlotte wrinkled her nose in disgust, this was a bad idea, she thought. Charlotte got out of the car, meeting up with the gather of people beside the car.

“Okay, Lottie dear. Now, you will socialise tonight, please. And drink lots of alcohol, thank you.” Rosie ordered.

“Don’t worry about her, I’ll look after her.” Oliver said, draping his arm across Charlotte’s shoulders.

Charlotte turned her head slightly, looking at Oliver with a mix of surprise and awe. She could see Rosie beaming happily from where she stood. That might’ve just killed her buzz. But then Oliver winked at her with a cheeky grin. Charlotte resisted the urge to laugh, so she just simply rolled her eyes, elbowing him in the side.

“Ey, I didn’t know yeh liked it rough.” Oliver smirked.

Charlotte’s eyes nearly bulged out of her head. “There are a lot of things you don’t know about me, Oliver.” She smirked.

“Please don’t call meh Oliver Charlie, call meh Oli.” Oliver whispered into her ear, she could feel his breath tingle against her skin.

Charlie raised her eyebrows. “Well I prefer Oliver, so you are stuck with it, mate.” She grinned.

Oliver let out a laugh, guiding Charlotte so that they were following Lee, Rissa and Rosie into the party. He moved his hand down to the small of her back, just below the cut out of her dress. She didn’t understand the way she suddenly found herself attracted to Oliver. He was an attractive guy, maybe not her usual type but that is what made it exciting. The tattoos certainly added to whole mysterious persona along with his brooding period of time he has. There was something more to Oliver and maybe just maybe that is what has Charlotte so intrigued.

“I never would’ve thought yeh to be the girl with tattoos.” Oliver whispered again, she could feel his light touch trail the wings.

“Touché,” Charlotte simply mumbled, she could barely concentrate with Oliver’s constant touch. It was honestly driving her insane. Especially all of a sudden he was so touchy feely.

Oliver chuckled, “Good point, but I hope yeh do know, that yeh are most definitely goin’ to have to explain the story behind it soon.”

“How do you know there is a story behind it?” Charlotte whispered back.

Oliver rolled his eyes. “Yeh are a girl, there is always a story behind everythin’.”

Charlotte raised her eyebrows at him, angling her head ever so slightly so that she could still see him. He just had a rather cheeky smirk displayed on his face. She shook her head lightly with disbelief before focusing on her surroundings. They were now halfway in a hall between what seems like the kitchen and living room. Music was booming from the living room, the heat of bodies was radiating from there too. Charlotte scrunched up her nose, leaning closer to Oliver.

“C’mon, we’ll go to the kitchen and get a drink.” Oliver said, guiding Charlotte towards the kitchen.

In the kitchen was Tom who was already pissed drunk, he had his camera out, snapping shots of everything. His eyes landed on Charlotte and Oliver, surprise was there but then a massive grin and unmanly squeal came out of his mouth.

“Charlieee! Oliiii!!” Tom slurred loudly, throwing his arms in the air, luckily his camera was around his neck.

Charlotte glanced at Oliver, who was biting his lip from laughing. She nudged him, giving him a stern gaze before turning to face a very enthusiastic Tom.

“Tom, bloody hell, you don’t like to waste time.” Charlotte mumbled.

Tom raised his camera to his face and snapped a picture of Charlotte and Oliver, the flash temporally
blinding them both. Oliver groaned, and swatted his brother away.

“God, Tom. Fricken’ ell do yeh wanna blind us both?” Oliver groaned loudly.

“I feel like a deer caught in the head lights.” Charlotte mumbled, moving away from them both.

Tom wrapped his arms around Charlotte in a bear hug. Charlotte prevented herself from groaning, she had yet to get used to all their little quirks, the way Tom was so friendly and caring or the way Oliver could simply be the sweetest person ever then be brooding the next minute. Or the constant flow of banter between them all.

“Tom, let go of the girl!” Jona shouted from his perch in the kitchen.

Oliver laughed loudly, walking away, giving Charlotte a sneaky wink before pouring himself a drink. Charlotte wriggled out of the grasp Tom had her in.

“Tom, be a good boy and get me a drink please.” Charlotte smiled, patting him on the head before joining Jona and Oliver.

Jona wrapped Charlotte in a hug, but keeping his arm around her shoulder.

“You are a cool girl Charlie.” Jona grinned.

Charlotte narrowed her eyes at him, waiting for the punch line.

“You are a cool dude, Jona.” Charlotte replied, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to see Tom with a coke and brandy in his hand. “Thanks, Tom. You are forgiven for assaulting me earlier.”

Oliver just rolled his eyes. “Good thing, we are all stayin’ over night, dun even wanna think about drivin’ him home.”

Charlotte let out a laugh, rolling her eyes. She took a sip of her drink, she surveyed her surroundings again. She found that there was more guys alike Jona, Oliver and Tom, all must’ve been friends. She caught drifts of accents too, some American, Canadian and Australian too. There were a few girls in the kitchen. All looked very pretty, make up a minimal, tattoos on show along with cute dresses, nothing like the stereotypical groupie nonsense.

“Do yeh reckon Lee will shag Rosie tonight?” Tom asked.

Charlotte nearly spat out her drink, she recovered quickly. “Seriously guys, this is what you all talk about. I thought you had more rock n roll choice of topic conversations.”

Oliver, Jona and Tom burst into laughter. Jona pulled Charlotte closer to him in an affectionate half hug.

“Welcome to this sick reality, babe.” Jona grinned.

Oliver nodded his head in agreement. “Yeah, never get yeh hopes up with us.”

Charlotte stuck out her tongue at them both. She took another swig of her drink. Letting her eyes wander slightly, she heard a big crash from the living room, the music stopped, there was a bit of raised voices but music was back on within a minute. Charlotte raised her eyebrows at Oliver, who just shrugged. It must’ve just been a normal occurrence.

“Oliiiiiii!” A girlishly voice shrilled loudly.

Charlotte turned to where the noise came from. It was from a tall girl with long wavy brunette hair, brown eyes hidden by her chunky block fringe. She had natural tanned skin, like a glow. She was absolutely stunning Charlotte had to admit. She had curves in the right places, a very model like physique. From the reaction of Oli, the way his whole body tensed even Tom quickly sobered up. Charlotte could only guess it was the infamous Robyn.

“Robyn! What a surprise to see you here.” Tom said sarcastically, his blue eyes now cold with an icy stare.

Robyn’s smile was stiff and her eyes shown no emotion, she obviously knew she wasn’t Tom’s biggest fan. But when her stare met Oliver’s, she clearly didn’t care. Her eyes flickered to Charlotte with an almost frown, not pleased at all.

“Oli, can I talk to you?” Robyn asked, her lips curving into a soft smile as she focused her attention on Oliver.

Charlotte scrunched her nose up in outright disgust, she didn’t like Robyn not one jot. The way Robyn spoke to Oliver reminded her of a sea creature, slimy slithering creature that uses there tentacles of darkness to wrap around their prey before swallowing them whole. Charlotte had this whole Ursula scene playing in her head. Maybe that was Robyn’s alter ego because saying she could be ugly almost seemed impossible.

Oliver let out a sigh, glancing at his brother and Jona, for a nod of support. He squeezed Charlotte’s wrist before nodding his head to Robyn, who squealed with delight, guiding him to the opposite side of the room.

“I really hate that girl.” Jona growled. His once playful grin vanished replaced by a hard stern glare.

“Hate is a strong word.” Charlotte murmured softly, she glanced at Tom, awaiting his reply, she noticed he was staring at his brother.

“It is, but seriously Charlie, once yeh understand this whole situation, yeh wouldn’t blame us.” Tom said. He peeked at a clueless Charlotte before giving her half a grin. “I’ll let Oli explain this whole situation but in the mean time I think we should hit the dance floor.”

Tom pulled on Charlotte’s wrist, tugging her towards the door of the living room which was the make shift dance floor. She glanced bewilderedly at Jona, who simply chuckled and shook his head. Charlotte held her breath as they walked in. The obnoxious dupstep beat was louder and louder, Charlotte resisted cringing away. She caught a glimpse of Rosie’s familiar red hair swishing around as she grinded on Lee. Charlotte averted her eyes and focused on a still intoxicated blue eyed boy that had a cheeky grin on his face which spelt trouble.

“C’mon, dance with me prima ballerina.” Tom teased.

Charlotte glanced at him shyly, she was never embarrassed about dancing but being around these people, their dancing was something completely different. She was used to perfect elegance, light as a feather, this dancing was a whole new level, it was grinding, sultry and sexy, something that Charlotte found difficult to be.

“This dancing is not me.” Charlotte leaned close and whispered with embarrassment to Tom.

Charlotte felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned slightly, to her surprise to see Oliver standing there with a smirk on his face. Her eyes narrowed on him, wondering where Ursula was. She turned around to see Tom gone and off in the corner of the room chatting enthusiastically with a group of girls. Charlotte turned to face Oliver once again, with shy smile.

“Shall we?” Oliver whispered in her ear.

Their bodies were close together, almost moulded perfectly. Oliver placed his hands on her hips, Charlotte found her arms wrapped around his neck. She daren’t look up and meet his beautiful eyes or all her willpower will be lost. Charlotte let out a shaky sigh, and pretended to think this of a show. And that all she had to do would be listen to the music, feel it and react with it. She swayed her hips to the beat, finding Oliver following her lead. She made her arms looser around Oliver’s neck, so she could pull away slightly from the closeness of their faces she had to admit it was intimidating her.

Charlotte could feel Oliver rubbing his fingers in circular motions against her hips, sending shivers down her spine involuntary. It was almost as if Oliver knew the effect he had on Charlotte, the way she would melt like goo in his hands. She found this terribly unfair, she must’ve had some effect on him or he simply would not be interested. This sudden liquid confidence hit her like a brick, with the music rising in pulse. Charlotte reacted with the music, almost grinding and swaying against Oliver. Their bodies close once again unintentionally. All the other bodies of people were closing in on them, almost forcing them to practically cast together. Not that either of them were complaining. Charlotte fluttered her eyelashes as she looked through them to see Oliver staring down at her with his smirk ever present. They were dancing together, along with the music. Charlotte suddenly found herself enjoying it, as much as she didn’t like the idea of dancing like this it was addictive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rissa Markus
Toby the Cat
Robyn Johnstone

I think all characters involved in this story have been introduced (couldn't resist putting a picture of Toby, how cute are cats aw). I adore writing Rissa, she is clearly eccentric and pretty much off her rocket. Hope you guys love this chapter! Also hoped you all had a lovely weekend!
Comment and subscribe:)