Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

You're So Stupid, Gerard!--Gerard's POV

My eyes shot open as I took gasping breaths. I looked next to me, panic rising in my chest when I noticed he was missing. I ran downstairs, recalling his words saying he was going out. He knew how i felt about him going out at night.

I tugged on a hoodie, pulling on my skinny jeans and slipping on my combat boots, then running out the door. I knew Frank would be upset if he found out I went outside, but I was scared. I ran past the corner, not bothering to check for those…things. The air was damp, strong with the smell of blood. Darkness had settled over the land, making it impossible to see.

I followed the sound of the lifeless groaning, hoping to not see my Bunny. Just a simple scratch could make him one of them.

I felt the soft, cold handle of the small hand gun I had in the pocket of my hoodie. Frank hasn't let me go outside since the outbreak, but knew that one shot to the head would kill them.

Something grabbed onto my foot as I was running, causing me to trip and land in a puddle of mud. I began to let out a girlish scream as I kicked. Realizing it wasn't pulling back, i looked down. It was Frank's backpack. I felt panic rising in my chest again as my body began to shake.

I stood up, swinging the damp bag over my shoulders. I noticed a large group of the bloody, moving corpses were circling around something or someone.

Old friends, family, children, parents, and everyone I've grown up with now belonged to those monsters. I closed my eyes as I began to shoot into the crowd, hoping I hit them, though I didn't have many bullets. They began to turn to face me, their focus now shifted towards me. I screamed as I kept shooting, closing my eyes tight.

"FRANK!" I screamed into the night sky. I felt someone take me in their arms, carrying me. I peeked up at them, seeing Frank's Face. A sense of relief came over me.

His face was sweaty, his hair sticking to his cheeks that were pink from the heat. He ran, managing to carry me in his arms the whole way home.

"You're so stupid, Gerard! You could've been hurt!" He ran into the house, locking the door quickly behind us. "I love you." He held my head against his chest.

I held onto his shirt, putting my head against his chest and listening to his heartbeat. Still normal. Still alive.

"I-I love you too… I was just scared, you were gone! I needed to help you!" i pleaded weakly with him, kissing all over his face and kissing away his tears.

"Don't do it again, I can't Lose my Bear…" he whispered as he hid his face into my hair, closing his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Bunny. I won't go out again." I curled up in his arms, closing my eyes as tears began to stain my cheeks. He risks his life everyday just to supply me with food and water. I can't just lose him…