Status: Active

Blood Lines

Taking A Big Step In Time

I've been here at Matt and Val's home for little over a week and nothing has happened. My head even looks better and the hair where the doctor's shaved is coming back but it feels like a cat's rough tongue. Since the talk with Val about going to school to be a motorcycle electrician, the thought of going and doing is is stronger. My mother did say I should follow my dreams and I think I will. A few days ago when Val took me over to the house to get my mail and check on the house, I grabbed my laptop and started looking around on the MMI website. Everything that was said just really made me want to apply and go. I know for me it will be a hard goodbye to say to Skylar but I'm sure I can do it.

I sat alone upstairs in my room with my laptop on the website for the hundredth time this week. I've got to follow my dreams and I want to make something of myself but doing something that I love. I sat there staring at the screen with my information already put in just thinking if this is the right choice. What would my mother say to me if she was here? I just couldn't think. I took a deep breath and clicked submit on the application. The site thanked me for applying and I would hear something by mail in 2 to 3 weeks. I sighed loudly and closed the laptop and setting it aside. I laid on my back letting my legs dangle off the side as I stared up at the cieling. I think I have made the right choice. A knock came to my door pulling my away from my thoughts.

"Come in unless your from the other side!" I yelled and I looked over as the door opened revealing Brian. I sat up as he closed the door.

"Come in unless you're from the other side? Nice welcoming."

"Thanks. Did you need something?" I asked picking up my laptop and taking it to the dresser.

"I just wanted to see how you're doing."

"I'm fine. I was putting in my application to the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute." I said leaning on the dresser.

"You did?"

"Yeah. It took some time to really think about it but I decided it would be the best thing for me to do. Val thinks I should follow my dreams and I know if my mom was here, she would be right by my side supporting me until I got home. Then she would be asking me how everything goes." I explained.

"Well if it's your dream then I will support you. I'm doing my dream of being in a band with the best people in the world and having fun doing it."

"I just hope I get accepted. If I don't I'll just keep trying." I said smiling.

"That's what you should do."

"I am. I should be finding out in 2 to 3 weeks if I've been accepted or not." I said going back ver to the bed and sitting down.

"Where is this college?"

"Phoenix, Arizona. The course I want to take is all hands on shit and I would have to stay there for 3 to 4 years." I said putting my hands into my lap and rubbing them together.

"3 to 4 years? Have you told anyone about that?"

"No. You're the first to hear about it and I would appreciate it if you don't tell anyone about it. I want to tell them myself." I said hanging my head.

"I won't tell a soul."

"Thanks Brian. So uh..where's Skylar? Usually he's up here with me at the time." I asked getting up and walking over to the dresser again and looking at the shaved part on my head.

"Val put him down for a nap a minute ago. You know he's going to be the hardest one to take the news if you get accepted."

"I know and I'm going to use this time to prepare myself for it and I think it's about time I go back to my house. There's some things I need to get done there and make sure everything is in order." I said feeling the staples on my head.

"I guess I'll leave you to get your stuff together. Oh and the guys will be over in a few minutes. Val said something about Matt wanting to have a barbecue or something."

"Thanks for letting me know. I'll see you later." I said and he nodded before going over to the door and opening it.

"Brian?" I said and he stopped and turned around and looked at me. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist hugging him tightly. I felt his hand rub up and down my back.

"Thanks for talking with me." I said letting him go.

"It's not a problem kid." I watched as he walked out of my room leaving the door open. I went over to the closet and grabbed my bag and threw it on the bed. I grabbed some of the clothes Val had brought me and I folded them up and packed them neatly in my bag. When I was finished packing, I left my bag on the bed and put my laptop in its own bag. I went downstairs and into the kitchen where Val was running around getting things ready so I offered to help her. She had me cutting vegetables and then washing dishes so I wouldn't have to do them later.

When the guys came over, Skylar was up and running around with Jimmy and I couldn't help but think how much I'll miss him if I go to this college. I'll miss everyone if I leave to go to Arizona but I know they'll be supporting me in everything I do. I swear these people are my new family just like mom said and I now see how right she was. The rest of the night was awesome and I couldn't have asked for a better night to go. There was no confrontations or argument about anything and the food was really good like always. When it was getting late, I told Val that I was going home and I said goodbye to the guys and the girls. I grabbed my bag and left the house with a hug from Skylar and I got into my car and headed home.

I pulled into my driveway and went into the house and immediately up to my room and putting my clothes away. I grabbed my dirty clothes and went down to the laundry room and put them on to wash while I laid around on the couch watching TV as they washed. I pulled the fleece blanket down from the top of the couch and coverd up and soon I was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

There is only one more chapter after this one and then I'll work on a sequal to this.