Moments

I’ll find the words to say, Before you leave me today.

The tears had escaped her eyes like an endless river. She looked at herself in the mirror as the phone in her hand slid to the floor. Her eyes were swollen and red. The tears that once stung her orbs, dried up. She let out all her tears within the last five hours. Her heart weighed ten times more than it had. Her feelings were so intense that it physically hurt her.

“Not again, Faye,” she heard a familiar voice.

Faye turned her head to see who it was. Her puffy eyes found her best friend leaning against the door frame of her bedroom. She stayed seated on the floor, in front of the mirror. One of her legs were crossed under her as the other was propped up.

“What is it this time?” his voice came closer to her.

“Same thing,” she croaked out.

“I told you this guy isn't worth it.”

“No,” she tried to turn her body towards him. He stood behind her, her face was tilted up to look at him, “he is worth it.”

“What makes you so sure?”

“Because he’s a good guy,” she lowered her face to the wooden floor of her room.

“If he’s such a good guy,” she felt his finger tips touch her chin to lift her face up, “why does he make you cry?”

“I can’t tell you,” she retrieved her face from his grasp.

“Faye,” his voice was soft, “I love you, but I hate that you’re doing this to yourself. Why can’t you just tell this guy you like him?”

“It’s not that easy. Do you know how difficult it is to say those sacred words?”

“Maybe you ask him out. Take it step by step. Slowly.”

Faye’s eyes wondered over to the dark night sky from her window. She pushed herself off the floor and walked over to the window seat she had. How could she tell him? He didn't feel the same way. He wouldn't feel the same way she did. The two have known each other for years. It took all her will power to not scream those three simple words at the top of her lungs. Her head was clouded. She couldn't think straight.

“Faye, love,” her best friend chimed in. She felt the seat next to her sink, “please.”

“No,” she wiped away the stray tear that seemed to have been lost before, “I can’t.”

“Why not?” his voice stayed soft.

“Look,” her eyes found his, “I know he won’t feel the same way I do. I just know it, mate, “she sighed the last word.

Her best friend cupped her face, “if he doesn't feel the same way about you, then he's not worth your tears. He isn't worth your time,” he thumbed the tears that had escaped Faye’s eyes.

“He is though,” she whispered.

He smiled at Faye, “what if I told you something?”

Her face rose to him, “What?”

What could he possibly tell her? That the guy needed a kick to the groin for being an idiot? Was he going to say that she needed to grow up? Or perhaps remind her that there are plenty of other guy’s in the world?

“Faye Anne Bennett,” he began, “I love you more than anything in the world.”

Faye couldn't breath. Was he telling her that as a friend or was there more to it? Her heart beat increased as her eyes grew wide. She bit her lip as she watched his eyes. The truth behind them shined through. He was being honest, but in what way?

“I love you, Faye,” he said again, “as more than a friend,” he brushed her long brown hair behind her ear, “I have for the past five years. I just never had the courage to tell you,” his eyes watered.

“Liam,” her voice cracked from all the crying.

“Look Faye,” he sighed as he folded his hands in his lap, “I know I’m leaving for tour soon,” he sighed, “but I just had to let you know. It felt selfish for hiding my feelings for you. You know how much it hurt to keep it all a secret?”

“A shit ton,” she lightened the mood with a giggle.

“Yeah, a shit ton,” Liam looked over at Faye.

Was this really happening? Had he truly confessed his love to Faye? Her best friend of ten years just told her he loved her. She still remembered when they first met. She remembered playing games with him. As well as joining in some sport games with him and his mates. Did Faye hear him correctly? Was it a dream? If so, she didn't want to wake up. It was what she wanted to hear.

“Liam,” she finally spoke, “I have something to confess.”

“I don’t know if I want to hear it,” he rubbed his hands together as if he were cold, “I don’t think I could handle you telling me that your crush is one of my mates.”

“No, it’s actually one of mine,” she smiled up at him.

Her heart seemed to lose the weight it once held. She felt lighter. She felt like she could finally breath. Also her mind wasn’t compiled with thoughts of him and how she should tell him.

“Liam,” she forced him to look straight at her. She could see that he was on the verge of tears, “I love you, too.”

“I know that, Faye.”

“No, I love you more than a friend. The guy I was crying over was you. Do you know how hard it was to keep it a secret? Do you know how much it sucked to fall asleep every night crying?”

“Faye,” he let a tear fall down his cheek.

“I love you. I have loved you for the past four years.”

Liam looked up at his best friend. His hand scoped her cheek and held it. Her face was warm from crying. Her eyes were still puffy from all the tears that forced their way out. Even then, Liam thought she was beautiful.

“Faye,” she saw him get closer to her. She felt his breathe ripple on her face, “I want you to,” he spoke slowly as his eyes landed on her lips, “be my girlfriend.”

Faye couldn't breath. She felt her heart skip a beat and inched her way to Liam.

“Liam,” she could feel his bottom lip on hers, “I would love to be your girlfriend.”

Liam’s heart blossomed from her response. Faye’s heart swelled with happiness. Their lips finally met. A spark flew through each of their bodies. Liam twined his hand through Faye’s long, brown hair. Faye pressed her lips hard into Liam’s. She felt a tear roll down her face. A moment later, the kiss ended. They each gasped for air.

“Why are you crying, Faye,” Liam asked as he wiped the stray tear away.

“I’m just happy,” she giggled.

“Me, too, love,” Liam smiled at her.

Liam wrapped his arms around her and carried her to the cushioned bed. He crawled onto the purple comforter and cuddled close to his best friend, now girlfriend. She twined her arms around his. Liam kissed her forehead as he saw her eyes slowly close in sheer tiredness. He let one of his arms fold around her waist and let her fall asleep. This was going to be the first night both of the love birds will have a decent nights sleep. Their minds were at ease as well.

“I love you,” Faye whispered to him as she finally wondered into a deep sleep.

“I love you, too,” he held her and drifted off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Recommend, please!

X Dani