Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

fifth.

Blair was sitting cross-legged on the couch. She had just finished cleaning up from dinner. Her and Jordie and moved into the living room to relax. Well, Blair was relaxing. Jordie was enthusiastically playing with a collection of toys on the floor.

She smiled as she watched the small boy entertain himself. He was always like that. He loved to sit in his own world and do his thing. That aspect of his personality reminded her of Liam.

Liam was a nice guy, but he wasn’t very outgoing off the bat. He was shy and a tad introverted. Blair was the complete opposite, which is what intrigued her about Liam. He was pretty popular and had plenty of friends, but she soon learned that he liked to spend time alone as well.

Every day that passed Jordie looked more and more like his father. He had his large dark brown eyes, his nose, and his smooth pale skin. He was even beginning to sport the same shaggy hair that Liam had worn for so long.

She couldn’t bring herself to cut it short. It reminded her of Liam, which she would never admit out loud. Despite her best efforts, she missed him terribly. The fact that Jordie was growing into a mini version of him both comforted and shattered her.

When she had first found out about her pregnancy, she was terrified. She was only 16. She wasn’t fit to be a mother yet. All she wanted to do was run to Liam and have him tell her it would be okay.

But Liam had just gotten a slot to compete on the X-factor. Blair knew how much that meant to him. She couldn’t ask him to give up his dream. So she had decided to break up with him and not tell him that she was pregnant.

“Blair?” She heard Liam’s sweet voice in her doorway. She was in her bathroom clutching the pregnancy test in her trembling hands. It was the fourth one she’d taken. It was the fourth one to read positive.

“Uh-hang on!” She responded, throwing the test carelessly toward the trash. It hadn’t made it in, but she was in too much of a hurry to notice. She wiped some stray tears from her face and put on a smile before leaving the bathroom.

“Hey, there you are. Come here.” He said when he saw her come out. He held his arms open and she walked into his embrace. She clutched his shirt with desperate fingers, breathing in his scent.

So many emotions were flowing around her body. She didn’t know what to say. It took so much energy to keep her revelation to herself. Blair knew he would understand and be by her side through it all. But she couldn’t do it.

“Are you okay?” He pulled back and looked into her eyes. She had been acting a little strange lately, and Liam couldn’t decide what was bothering her.

“M’fine.” She mumbled, her voice mumbled, not meeting his gaze.

He didn’t believe her, but he didn’t press the topic. “Okay…I’m just going to use the bathroom then we’ll go.” He kissed her on the cheek and moved past her to go into the bathroom. They were going to a football match to watch Ben play.

She heard a crash from inside the bathroom. “Li…are you okay?” She called to her boyfriend. It sounded like a painful fall. He opened the door a few seconds later, his face colorless, holding the test in his hand.

“What’s this?” He asked, his voice quivering. Blair stopped, her mouth hanging open. The ability to form words was completely lost on her. “Blair. What. Is. This.” He said again, pronouncing every word.

The tears that she had tried to hide earlier finally tumbled over and fell down her cheeks. Her knees went weak and she had to sit on the bed. Liam rushed over and wrapped his arms around her.

“Blair. It’s okay. We’re going to figure it out. You just need to talk to me.” He said soothingly into her hair. His warm hands rubbed her back. Inside, he was freaking out, but he could tell this was a lot harder for Blair.

“Blair, please!” He begged after she still didn’t say anything.

“It’s positive. All four of them have been positive.” She said through her sobs. “I’m pregnant, Liam, and I want you to leave.” The words came out quickly. She forced them out before she could change her mind.

“What?” He said, unsure if had heard her correctly. He pulled her closer, but she pushed him away. Quite roughly.

“You heard me. I can’t to this anymore. I can’t…I can’t do this with you.” She sobbed, rubbing her stomach.

“What do you mean you can’t do this with me?!” He asked, getting angry. He was so confused as to why she could be breaking up with him.

“I mean I can’t do this. I want you to leave. This is my problem. I don’t want you here.” She told him, her voice more firm this time.

“Blair, you can’t seriously think that-“ He began trying to convince her to reconsider.

“Get out! Get out of my bedroom right now, Liam!” She screamed, tears still streaming down her face. “I want you out of my life. I don’t want you.” She told him viciously.

“Blair-“ He said again, tears forming in his own eyes. He placed his hand on her shoulders and attempted to pull her to him.

She flinched away and he was met with her fists. Her tiny trembling fists were pounding on his chest, trying to put some distance between them. She was sobbing loudly now. “GET OUT!” She yelled again. Liam backed up in order to stop being hit.

“Please.” Blair begged, pointing to the door. “It is over Liam. Get out.”

He was sure she could hear his heat break. It was so loud and so complete that he thought it might kill him. He was so in love with this girl. She was going to have his baby and she didn’t want him anymore.

At a loss for what else to do, he slowly stepped backwards out of the room, not taking his eyes off her. She had fallen to the ground and had her face hidden in her hands. She heard the door click shut softly, indicating that he had left.

Blair wanted to go after him. She wanted him to hold her in his arms. She wanted nothing more than to have him with her right now. But she couldn’t do it. She couldn’t let him give up his life for her.

She loved him too much.


She wiped the tears that had slipped out as she thought about Liam. She was so ashamed that she had treated him this way, but she was too proud to apologize. She was so heartbroken when he walked out the door. Blair had hopped that Liam would know that she didn’t mean it.

She had hoped that he would try to change her mind. All she wanted was for him to come back. But he never did. He called, he emailed, but he never came back for her. That hurt her so deeply. Liam was the love of her life, and he didn’t come back.

Instead, he got famous. He got an amazingly beautiful new girlfriend and flaunted her around like a trophy. The things he said about her in the paper…the way he cared for her. He just moved on. He didn’t wait for Blair to come around. He just replaced her.

When he called her last week, she decided to answer. It was the first time she accepted his call in a year. He was so nice. He always was, he asked to meet for coffee, and he wanted to talk.

Somewhere, deep down in her heart, she thought that maybe he would ask for her to come back to him. She thought that maybe he missed her as much as she missed him. But he only asked for Jordie. Which didn’t surprise her. She was expecting as much.

But she thought that he might want them both back.
♠ ♠ ♠
i couldn't resist one more...whaha. im a total dork. they're going to have their meeting in the next chapter....whats gonna happen!!?(: Thanks to all my lovely commenters. you guys are too kind. and to my wonderful subscribers as well.
thoughts on the fifth installment??(: