Status: (layout by sworn to be free)

Pop-Tarts

Memories and Tears

The refreshing scent of rain floated into my nose and woke me up. With a smile on my face, I stretchd and looked around my bedroom thinkin about how the smell might've creeped in.

Until I saw the window. The window that only he had ever been able to close completely.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and tried to wipe all of the memories from my mind.

All I wanted was to forget. About him. About his sparkling, brown, puppy-dog eyes. His smile that made my heart melt. His voice that we would use to sing me to sleep. The tears thathad glistened in his eyes when he had shattered my entire world. The quiver in his voice as he said those five words. Those five words that had been echoing in my ears for six whole months.

I'm sorry, Michelle. I can't do this anymore
I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore.
I can't do this anymore
I can't


As I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes, I walked out of the room. As I passed the door to what was once his bedroom, I felt the tears building up again.

It had been six months since he left me, crying and alone in our my apartment but the mere thought of him reduced me to a heap on the floor. Even though he was the one to break it, he would be the only one that could ever fix my heart. Even through all of the pain, Liam James Payne would always have my heart.

I walked into the kitchen half an hour later, all thoughts of Liam gone. Looking through the cupboards, I found some S'mores Pop-Tarts. Sticking them in the toaster, I set a plate on the counter before everything came rushing back... The three years I had spent with him.. All of it... Because of a simple breakfast food. Not being able to deal with all of it, I ran out of the kitchen and onto the balcony.

Glad that there was a cover over the balcony, I walked over to where the railing was. Leaning over the side, I looked down while a thousand memories ran through my head.

We met through Eleanor. Eleanor and I worked together in Hollister as floor models and quickly became the best of friends. When she started dating Louis Tomlinson, I was ecstatic for her and soon, Louis became an older brother figure in my life. Soon afterwards, I was introduced to Liam. He had just gotten out of his relationship with Dani when we first met but we bonded quickly. Over the course of two months, he became one of my closest friends.

Until everything changed.

I had agreed to go on tour with the boys and their management agreed to pay me if I agreed to write about it on my blog, which was fairly well-known. Several newspapers even asked me to cover the concerts and those were some of the best months of my entire life. For nine entire months, I was able to spend time with five of my best friends in the entire world and have the best times of my entire life, or that's what I thought.

About two months into the tour, Liam confessed that he was falling for me hard. He asked me out and our first date was absolutely perfect.

Image


Hearing something hit my window, I walk out onto the balcony of the small room I'm in.

"Ouch," I groaned as I reached up to touch my head where the pebble hit it. Looking down to where the pebble came from, I saw Liam in his gray sweatpants and black t-shirt, a sheepish grin evident on his face.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean for the pebble to hit you. I threw it right before you opened the door," he smiled up at me while I just stared in confusion. "Could you come down here, though?"

"Liam? What's going on?" I stood there, confused and completely unsure of what to do. Instead of answering me, he just motioned for me to come down to where he was standing.

I made my way down to the garden, where I noticed a picnic set up. After I spent a few minutes inspecting the picnic and the entire garden, I turned back to Liam. "What is all of this?"

Looking unsure and slightly shy, Liam looked down. "I know I only asked you out earlier today, but I couldn't wait to go on a date with you so I planned this today. I hope you don't mind."

Blushing, I looked at the ground. "That's the sweetest thing ever. I didn't think I would be worth something like that, but thank you so much."

Grabbing my chin with his thumb, he pushed my head up a little so that our eyes were connected. "You are gorgeous and worth every thing. Don't you worry one bit."

Smiling, I thanked him before I sat down, patting the ground beside me. "Well? Aren't you going to eat with me? We can't let all of this food go to waste!"

For around two hours, we just sat there, eating, talking, and laughing. Finally, after we finished all of our food, Liam stood up, offering me his hand. "Would you do me the honor of dancing with me, Michelle?"

"But.. there's no music," I grinned up at him as I wondered what his brillian solution would be.

"Well, there's a reason I'm in a boyband, isn't there?" he smiled at me as I got up and put my arms around his neck. As Liam started singing, I rested my head on his chest as his arms went around my waist.

Your hand fits in mine
Like it's made just for me
But bear this in mind
It was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

We danced for a while before it started raining. I tried to run back inside, but he wouldn't let go of me, instead, he kept an iron grip on my waist. Pulling me back to him, he brought his head down so that our noses were almost touching.

"I had fun tonight," he grinned at me before he connected our lips.


Image


The first time he told me he loved me was one of my most treasured memories. It wasn't the most romantic, or the most extravagant, but that's something I loved about Liam. He knew how to make me feel special without the extravagance.

Image


We were back from a date. We had been dating for eight months now and he had asked me to be his girlfriend a week after our first date. We were incredibly happy together and we didn't bother hiding it. We were public, but we still didn't like spending time outside. We preferred staying in with dinner and an old DVD. That was one of those nights. We were lying in my bed together, just talking. Liam was telling a story about a recording fiasco while I cuddled into him. Soon, I was drifting off to the sound of him singing Little Things to me when he said those three words.

"Michelle?"

"Hmm," In my half-asleep haze, I barely heard him.

"I love you," hearing him say those three words jolted me awake.

I kissed him on his lips quickly before I looked into his amazing, brown eyes. "I love you, too, Liam."

Image


We had many, many good times together. Every day I was with him, I fell harder and harder until I reached the point of no return. But in the end, that's what broke us. Not him, not me, but us. Our love for each other is what made us part ways.

Image


I walked into the apartment that Liam and I shared to find boxes piled by the door. Looking around the inside, I saw Liam pacing around the kitchen.

"Liam?" I called out to get his attention. "What are all of these boxes here for?"

"Michelle," he sighed, tears in his eyes. "I just.. can't do this anymore. I'm not good enough for you. You cry yourself to sleep every night because of what those people say to you. You deserve someone better. Someone who can be here for you when you need them to be. Not someone like me, who's gone half of the time."

"Liam," I felt the tears gathering in my eyes as my voice shook. "Why are you doing this? Why can't you see that you're all I need?"

"I'm not good enough. I'm the reason that all of those people are saying horrible stuff about you. You deserve better, Michelle. You can go far, but I'm just holding you back," with that, he walked out the door as I watched the best thing that ever happened to me slip out of my fingers.


Image


I wiped the tears out of my eyes as that day played through my mind over and over again. It had been three months since that day that he left. I only saw him on the covers of magazines. He sent Louis over to get his things and he told me to keep the apartment. I was still in contact with Louis and Eleanor but I avoided the other boys at all costs.

Once I was done thinking of all of the sad memories, I walked back into the kitchen, only to be met with a surprise.

"You always used to give me the Pop-Tarts with more frosting. I think it's time for me to return the favor," with that, he pushed a plate with a Pop-Tart towards me.

"L-liam?" I sit down and look anywhere but his eyes, as I knew that the tears would come rushing back if I saw those brown pools of emotion. "W-what are you doing here?"

"Michelle, I realized something in these past few months," he looked at me, nothing but sadness in his eyes. "Without you, there is nothing to me. You make me who I am. Leaving you was the biggest mistake I ever made and I'm really sorry. I wouldn't be surprised if you hated me, but I just want you to know that I never stopped loving you. I thought that if I left you, it would be better for you, but now, I realize that maybe, I should've been selfish and kept you to myself. Would you consider taking me back?"

I jumped out of my chair and kiss him hard on his lips. Our kiss is filled with love, passion, pain, and apologies.

I let go of him, a big grin on my face "Liam, I never stopped loving you, either."

"I'll never leave you again. No matter what. I can't go through that again. I'll love you forever," Liam grinned as he leaned down to kiss me one more time.

"I love you, forever and always, Liam Payne."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it, Michelle!! I'm so sorry it took so long!!! I know it sucks!!

I'm really proud of myself, though. I sat here at.. 8 and started this, and it is now 11:30, but I'm done.. but I stopped in the middle to read Kate's updates.. but yeah.. haha!! But wow, guys!! 7 comments and 15 recs? I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

Image