Status: Posting if people like it...

Keep Holding On

Wash

I crossed my legs as I tried to get more comfortable on the couch. I bit my pen as I went over my math homework. "What is X? What is X?" I mumbled to myself, getting more frustrated every time I asked myself the question.

"Boo!" I heard Sam yelled by my ear as he grabbed my shoulders! I turned around and smacked him with my book. "Ow. Didn't have to physically assault me! I was just going to ask you a question."

"Don't try to scare the shit out of me then!"

"Language!" I heard my Aunt Judy's voice yell from the next room.

I bit my lip. "Sorry!" I turned back to Sam. "Yes, ask your question before I decide to not give you the privilege."

He waggled his thumbs around in a circle. "Welllllll…." He drawled out. "There this party and I want you to come with. For…moral support. You know so you can be my-"

"Wingman for Mikaela? I may be her friend but I will not try to set you up! Your like my brother, Sam. She can be nice but she can also be a jerk since she is an 'evil jock concubine' as Miles calls her and her 'bitch squad' also as Miles says…"

He pouted a moment but shrugged. "Dammit. Still go. Please."

"Sure." I answered after a moment of thought. I crossed my arms over my chest. "But, if I don't have to get out…I'm not. I don't do parties. Much less ones with Trent their. He undresses me with his eyes every time I see him. It's creepy and gross. Also, Sam. If Mikaela actually wants to be with a douche bag like that, then they deserve each other. Another reason I won't set you up and you won't talk me into it!"

He nodded. "Okay. We have a few hours and-"

"I heard you say douche bag! Makkenna! What did I say about cussing?" Aunt Judy had came running into the living room.

I groaned. "To not to…"

"Exactly." Sam gave me a thumbs up and ran upstairs.

"But, Sam said-"

"I didn't hear him…Do you have any proof?"

I sighed. "No."

"Okay, then."

Typical.

0o0o0

I looked out of my window at our new Camaro sitting in the driveway. If Sam was going to a party, with all the cool people there, he atleast needed to make our used car presentable. You could say.
I walked down the hall and finally got to Sam's door an knocked. He immediately responded. "Come in!"

I walked in hesitantly. It seems as if every time I walk in this cluttered boy-cave of a room I see something new that I wish I hadn't. Like when he had left a plate on his nightstand and the then unrecognizable food on the plate seemingly moved. Gross. I say it again. Gross.

I stood at the door and looked around before laying my eyes on Sam. "Yo, you wanna wash the car? In my opinion it needs it and if your going to that dumb party you need to not have a car covered in four fine layers of dirt and dust."

"Sure. I'll meet you out there. You get the stuff." He said with a smile.

I gave him one back and went back down the hall to my room. I went in and found my purple and blue striped bathing suit top. I put it in with some blue-jean shorts and I put my flip-flops on. I looked in my mirror and pulled my hair back into a high ponytail and walked back downstairs.

I looked under the sink and found Uncle Ron's special car soap. He refuses to wash his green convertible in 'normal car soap'. I grabbed the red bucket and put the soap, two sponges, and a rag in it. By the time I had done this Sam was walking downstairs in his blue swim trunks and a white tank top with flip flops.

He went out to the corner of the house and he grabbed the water hose and I went to the car and set all of the stuff out. I put some soap in the bottom of the bucket until it covered it and Sam sprayed some water in it until it was full. I began to mix it around with my hand as he sprayed the car with the water hose. I threw the sponges in the buck and the pulled one out. Sam stopped spraying and did the same.

0o0o0

"Get off the carpet!" Aunt Judy was yelling at us as we walked through the door and into the living room. She ran into the back hall and grabbed two towels and handed them to us. She put a hand on her hip. "Why are you two soaking wet? I thought you were washing the car not going to the water park!"

"We did wash the car…after we finished our water war." I replied, saying the last part lowly.
"It was just for fun!" Sam added.

Aunt Judy cute her eyes. "Why must you two be so childish sometimes. Go change out of those clothes and put on something better to wear. You did say you had a party to go to."

Sam nodded and he ran upstairs. I followed. Aunt Judy left in her rant about her carpet. Little did she know Sam spilled a whole liter of Coke on it the other day while she was gone. The water was only helping it if you asked me.

I went upstairs and pulled my soaking wet clothes off and picked out new undergarments and a pair of black shorts with a random t-shirt I got on our vacation to the beach. I pulled on my TOMS and grabbed my phone. I walked to Sam's room and found him talking to himself or Mojo rather.

"Alright, Mojo. I got the car. Now I need the girl." He walked over to his computer an scrolled down to the Ebay page and he groaned. "I need money to take out the girl is what I need…" More scrolling. "Zero Bids. Great."

Mojo began barking and I laughed to myself. That dog was such a druggie. Sam also knew what this meant. "Mojo, you want you pain pills?" He asked the small dog as he grabbed the pills and the dog scurried to the end of Sam's bed. Sam grabbed the pills but set them back down and he stared into the mirror. He started to pull on his chin. "No. Premature. Wassup? Nothing, just driving my car. Driving my car." He breathed into his hands and smelled them. He cringed and flinched his head back and grabbed some mouthwash spray and started shooting it all in his mouth.

He grabbed the pills again and walked back over to Mojo who was now on the table. Sam sat down, pill in hand. "It's like clockwork. You know your wasting these thing but if you piss in my bed again your sleeping outside." He put the pill in the Mojo's mouth and he quickly ate it. "All for today. No more. Crackhead." He got up started walking towards the door, too bad I couldn't get away in time since he stormed out and almost ran into me.

I pushed on his shoulder. "Watch it, Sam!"

"Where you eavesdropping?"

I shrugged. "Little bit. Did your breath smell that bad? That's gross."

His face grew red. "NO. You…I…" He said choppily, becoming even more flustered.

I smiled. "BTW…it's our car. Not yours."

His face fell. "You…heard…expression!"

I nodded. "I see. Let's go LadiesMan217, we gotta party to hit."

"It was a typo!" He yelled, his face still red. We both walked outside after he grabbed the keys. Of course Aunt Judy and Uncle Ron were working on the lawn. They always were.

"Ron, this one's uneven." Aunt Judy stated as she repeatedly stepped on it as a failed attempt to straighten it out.

"Yeah. Probably." Was Uncle Ron's dull reply.

"This one is wobbly."

"Yeah, I'll take care of that." He never would.

"Couldn't we have hired a professional?"

As I was observing I noticed Sam strode out into the middle of the grass. Uncle Ron forgot about Aunt Judy's question to immediately tend to the grass Sam was currently stepping on. "Oh, Sam. I do not like footprints on my grass."

"But, there's no footprints." Sam was right.

"That's why I built my path, go from my grass onto my path."

Sam did so but he still had to complain. "It's family grass, Dad."

"Yeah, well, when you own your own grass you will understand." I laughed slightly at the fight that seemed to break out once a month and he always said the same thing, 'when you own your own you'll understand.'

I walked over and sat in the passenger's seat of the Camaro. It did look better now. Throughout the water fight we did manage to clean it up really good. I patted the dashboard. "You clean up nice."

The radio crackled. 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. YEAH!" I recognized the song by Usher.

I furrowed my brow. "Uhh…YEAH!"

Laughter came from the speakers. I was going to press forward but Sam got in and slammed the door. "Let's get out of here."

I nodded and smiled. "YEAH!"

More laughter emitted through the radio and Sam gave me a confused look. I only shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? Recommend? Subscribe? I'll update when I can...