Status: This is for the Mibba user, Gary oak. Enjoy.

A Boy’s First Love

On the Road to Becoming a Pokemon Master

Ash Ketchum couldn’t sleep. Tomorrow he was getting his first Pokemon and by passing that milestone he would be on his way to becoming a Pokemon master. He wanted to be the very best like no one ever was. He watched Pokemon fights on his TV all night long.

The thrill of seeing the Pokemon fighting each other didn’t go away in the least. In fact, his excitement continued to build up. He eventually fell asleep at 3 am. He tossed and turned in his sleep, muttering Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur’s names.

Ash woke up suddenly, jumping in the air. “What time is it?” He cried out.

He glanced at his clock, eleven ‘o clock. He gulped, he was late and by a good while. He ran out of his house screaming, “I hope I still get a Pokemon!”

When Ash approached Professor Oak’s lab he saw a crowd of people. “What’s going on?” He questioned.

He pushed his way through the crowd. At the front he saw Gary Oak, his rival and old friend.

“Hey Ashy boy,” Gary said smirking.

“Did you already get a Pokemon?” Ash questioned.

Gary laughed, “Yup.” He ruffled in his pocket and pulled out a Pokeball. “It’s right here in this Pokeball,” he said.

“Aren’t you kind of late Ash?” He asked.

Ash blushed. “I overslept!” He protested.

Gary snickered, “Yeah I bet you were so excited that you couldn’t sleep. How childish.”

Ash growled, “Shut up Gary!”

Gary shrugged, “You’re just mad because you don’t have a Pokemon yet.”

With that Gary walked off laughing.

Ash yelled, “Ugh! Why did Gary have to rub that in my face?”

He walked up ahead and ran into Professor Oak. Ash fell backward and groaned.

“Are you okay Ash?” He heard Professor Oak say.

Ash got back up, brushed himself off and said, “Yeah I’m fine.”

He smiled then and replied, “Do you have a Pokemon left for me?”

Professor Oak paled, “Um see I….”

Ash laughed and walked on ahead, “I can’t wait to see my Pokemon!”

Professor Oak trailed after Ash sighing.

“This is the only Pokemon left,” Professor Oak stated, handing Ash a Pokeball with a lightning bolt on it.

“I’m so excited!” Ash exclaimed.

Ash threw the Pokeball in the air and a yellow electric Pokemon popped out.

“Pika,” it said.

“Aw, it’s adorable!” He said smiling.

Professor Oak looked uncomfortable.

The yellow Pokemon jumped when Ash picked it up. It narrowed its eyes and shocked him. Ash yelled, convulsing.

That was how Ash’s journey started. Ash caught up with Gary in the next town, which was Viridian City. Gary was sitting down, eating an ice cream.

“Gary? You already got here?” He said, walking up to him.

Gary took a lick from his ice cream and then looked up. “Yeah, man Ash you’re so slow. I’ve been here for several hours.”

Ash shook with anger. There was something about Gary that made Ash lose his temper easily. He didn’t know what it was but he always felt weird around him.

It didn’t used to be like this. Back when they were younger, Gary and he were good friends. Some might even have called them best friends.

At the moment though he just felt ticked off, “Why are you always picking on me?”

Gary laughed, “I thought that’s what friends did. Besides it’s just so much fun seeing you get all worked up.”

Ash snorted, “You sure show your friendship in an odd way.”

Gary shrugged, “Hey I can’t help it if you can’t take a joke.”

Ash frowned, was he toying with him?

Gary looked down by Ash’s feet, at his Pokemon, Pikachu.

“Why’s your Pokemon outside of its ball?” He questioned.

“Pikachu doesn’t like being in its Pokeball,” Ash said recalling how Pikachu had shocked him every time he had tried to put it back in its ball.

Gary chuckled, “What a weird Pokemon.”

“So Ash have you caught any Pokemon?” He asked.

Ash hung his head, “Not exactly.”

This caused the brunette to laugh again, “Wow. I’ve already caught five Pokemon. You’re telling me you haven’t caught even one?”

Ash turned a light pink color. “Pikachu hasn’t exactly been cooperative,” he explained in a rush.

Gary examined Pikachu. His eyes roamed its body up and down. “Hard to believe such a Pokemon would cause you that much trouble.”

“Maybe you’re just a sucky trainer,” he replied.

Ash’s fists clenched, “That’s it!”

“Huh?” Gary said shocked at Ash’s sudden outburst.

“You better get ready, we’re going to have a Pokemon battle whether you like it or not!” He screamed.

Gary jumped, “But Ash you only have one Pokemon, you don’t stand a chance.”

“We’ll see about that,” he responded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's my first chapter. I hope you guy enjoy it. I know it sounds a lot like the anime in the first half but that's the point, I'm just introducing the story. Don't worry the next parts will be better if you didn't like this.