Attention's Like a Fire

Sudden Realizations

Sudden warmth and a feeling of safety surround me as I drifted off to sleep in Mikey’s arms. The rain pouring outside of our man made shelter didn’t touch either one of us and I could feel Mikey’s sincerity slowly healing my damaged heart and I’ve never felt so safe.

On the verge of sleep, I felt Mikey press his lips to my forehead and whisper something barely inaudible to me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

“I don’t know Alicia, he was pretty heartbroken over Gerard, not to mention damn near exhausted by the time I found him.” I heard Mikey say in a harsh whisper.

I slowly opened my eyes to see that Mikey or somebody has carried my sleeping body to the bunk and that’s where I am now. Only judging by how far my arm is hanging off the edge, I am on the top bunk. Mikey’s maybe?

What are they arguing about?

“I understand Mikey. But you never told me how you managed to calm him down, because in case you forget, you were gone when I woke up. Now what happened?” Alicia repeated back in a tone slightly louder then Mikey’s.

“Be quiet,” He hissed startling me, “ if you wake him up then I cant tell you anything because I can guarantee he wont want to relieve last night.”

I felt weight on the edge of my bunk as Mikey placed his elbows on the edge and rested his head on his arms to gaze at me.

“Okay, sorry, I’ll quiet down. Now will you stop being such an ass and tell me what the hell happened?” Alicia asked now standing next to him.

It’s a good thing that I’m good at fake sleeping or I wouldn’t be hearing any of this right now.

“I told him I love him. So much.” He sighed placing a hand on my cheek.

A weight dropped in the pit of my stomach for what seemed the thousandth time tonight all because of this accidental confession.

I racked my brains, searching our conversation last night for clues. No where in it did I hear the words ‘I love you’ spoken to me. Unless. What if that’s what I heard in my sleep? Mikey is in love with me?

I swallowed hard, resulting in me choking on my own spit.

Smooth move ex-lax, could you be any more obvious?

“Whoa! Frank are you okay?” Mikey asked as I shot up grasping my throat.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a nightmare. No big deal.” I said looking around to see Alicia walking out shaking her head.

“Really? What was it about? Do you want to talk about it?” He asked climbing up to sit behind me.

I instinctively leaned against his chest and sighed.

“It’s no big deal. I just thought I was drowning. Mikey?”

“Hmm?”

We made eye contact and his brown eyes bored holes through my soul melting me melt and giving me a feeling I’ve never felt before. Even from Gerard.

I think I’m in love with Mikey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry so short, but i think i got the point across. :D