Status: Complete

Phoebe

Chapter Sixteen

Nothing matters anymore, I decided. Joey -- Joey matters.

The rest of the week blurred into the past. I couldn't focus on Joseph Reed as much as I wanted to; my duty was to destroy Kevin Royce, quickly and without hesitation.

"Kara. Kara, listen to me. We won't be caught. Okay? Calm down," I assured her.

We were in Lisa's mother's van and were heading to school together. Today was the day and it was essential that we all arrive at the same time. Kara was a bit more frantic than the rest of us.

Despite Joey sitting close enough to breathe on, we hadn't said one word to each other. Actually, we hadn't really talked to each other at all since last week. For that, I was a bit sad. I didn't know what I had done to upset him, but obviously whatever it was was so horrible that limited words were to be exchanged between us only when absolutely necessary.

"Okay, remember the plan. Sara, make it huge and very diverting. Kara, Dava, do your best to withhold her. Joey, you'll obviously still be look out because of your reasons. Lisa, you're with me."

Once the vehicle had stopped a block from the school campus, everybody got out except Lisa.

"Remember, Lisa, I'll call you when it's time," I said, wagging the cell phone I had borrowed from Sara. "Stay in the car until then."

Carrying my satchel close to my body, I entered the school building and headed toward the intended locker. Lugging out a stack of papers and a roll of tape, I preceded to deck the halls -- but not with holly or anything remotely Christmas-y.

More than halfway through, a vibration in my bag nearly caused me to have a heart attack.

"It's started," was all the voice said.

Throwing the remainder of flyers about the hall, I hurried back to the main corridor to witness the beginning of the spectacle.

"You bastard! How could you?! How could you?! Why did you cheat on me with her?" shouted Sara effectively.

Most of the school was there, making it hard for the two teachers trying to stop the show to get through. I inadvertently laughed out loud when I saw the ten other teachers who were watching amusedly. No doubt later they would be saying they tried their best as well.

"She's just a bit distraught because the fact that Kevin cheated on her finally caught up to her," yelled Dava, seemingly trying to pull back Sara from Kevin and my sister.

I continued on my way, and, taking out Sara's phone, I dialed Lisa. "It's time. Enter the parking lot."

When I finally got outside, I met Lisa at Kevin's car.

"You sure you want to do this?" she squeaked as the back of the van opened.

I started to pull the gear out. "Yes."

After ripping open a bag and starting to fill the gigantic bowl, I tried to comfort Lisa. "You and Joey have the least to fear. I'll be blamed for the vandalism type stuff. Sara, Dava, and Kara will probably only have to deal with detention or something similar for a few days for disrupting the before-school hours. So you really do have nothing to fear."

With shaking hands, Lisa picked up one of the cans of spray and started to go crazy. After placing the heavy bowl on top of the car's hood, I took my own can and started to write on the windows.

"We should go," I said after admiring our work.

Lisa nodded and got into her automobile to park it safely in her own spot on the other side of the school.

With a sigh, I turned and slowly walked toward the school building. Time to learn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I finally updated. =D

Thanks to all those who continually read. I appreciate it.

Feedback is still welcome.

~Elisabeth