Status: not sure how long this will be, will write as inspiration hits me (which seems quite often with these two)

Maybe I Can Ease the Ache

Chapter 10

Rachel awoke the next morning feeling groggy and sore. She didn’t remember falling asleep, just that her mom was rubbing her back after….she was pregnant. It still sounded like such a foreign idea. There was a child that depended on her, living and growing inside of her. Hearing the front door she called out to Kurt.

“Kurt…” she said loudly, crawling out of bed and padding out to the living room. Seeing him taking off his jacket she sprinted over to him, needing her best friend more than ever.

“Woah…Rach…what’s up.” He chucked as she pulled him into a hug. They hugged for a moment before she led him over to the couch. She sat down and smiled nervously.

“Uh Kurt. I uh…I need to tell you something.” She spoke quietly running her fingers through her hair. “I…I’m pregnant.” The words came out as barely a whisper but Kurt heard them loud as ever.

“You’re pregnant!” He exclaimed in a tone that was a mix between shock and excitement. Looking over, he saw how scared she was and pulled her into a hug. “Does he know?” He questioned, not sure whether the father was Finn or Brody. She shook her head no, and bit at her bottom lip.

“Not yet….” She whispered. “I just found out last night. Shelby came over while I took the tests. I don’t even remember falling asleep, but I guess I did.” She explained, knowing Kurt was curious by nature. “I still don’t know if I’m going to tell him…..I don’t know what I’m going to do.” She felt so helpless and started to cry, curling into a ball on the couch. Kurt wrapped his arms around her and frowned. He had never seen her this insecure and emotional.

“Shhh. Rach…” he said trying to comfort her. “It’ll all be okay. No matter what you decide.” He could feel her shake as she silently sobbed into his arms.

“I…..I think I want to keep the baby.” She mumbled into his shirt. He didn’t say a word, just continued to rub her back trying to calm her down. Taking a deep breath she sat up and wiped the tears from her cheeks. “I know it’s probably not rational, but I just….I can’t kill my baby. Nor can I carry him or her for nine months, feeling little kicks and movements only to give the baby up after birth.” Kurt just nodded, knowing this was her decision to make, hers and either Brody’s or Finn’s.

“Ok sweetie.” He said, rubbing his thumb over her knee. “Not to sound insensitive….but is Brody or Finn the father?”

“Brody…” she whispered, not able to hide the small smile and blush that appeared whenever she thought about him. Thinking about the man whose baby was growing inside of her caused her to look down and place a hand protectively over her flat stomach. Kurt looked at his best friend and knew that in nine months she would be a mother. There was no way she’d be able to give the baby up; she had already started to fall in love with it, even if she wouldn’t admit it. He turned the tv on, knowing she could use the distraction. He hoped she’d tell Brody soon, but until then he’d be there to help take care of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter she'll tell Brody...well maybe.