‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

When You Believe In Me, I'll Believe

"Are you serious right now, or..?" Vic asked, a slight panic crossing his features.

"I-I don't know. I.." I stood up, pain shooting through my abdomen. "Nope. I'm serious." I groaned.

He jumped up, grabbing my elbow, "Okay.. Do we- what do we do?!"

I laughed, cutting it short because of the pain, "I don't know! Do we go to the hospital..?"

"I don't know!" He shouted.

Leia threw her bedroom door open, "What are you guys yellin' about?" She ran over to my side, "Mommy? Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Lee, sweety, can you run and get the emergency bag out of momma's room?"

"Okay!" She yelled, running back down the hallway.

Vic let out a frustrated sigh, "Am I supposed to call Tony?"

I nodded, "Yes! Yes, that makes sense!"

He shook his head, "Will you be okay for like, five minutes?"

"Go," I said, shooing him, "I'll help Leia get ready."

He nodded, running out the side door. Another sharp pain spread through me as I made my way to Leia, "Did you find it?"

She threw the blanket off the bed, "No!"

I laughed, reaching behind the door and kissing her head, "It's right here, baby."

She made a frustrated noise, "You didn't tell me that!"

"Come on, Lee." I said, grabbing her hand and leading her to the living room.

"Ready?" Vic asked, his cheeks flushed.

I nodded, "Where's Tony?"

"He said he'll meet us there. Ready, sis?" He said, picking Leia up and placing her on his hip.

She nodded, giggling, "Where're we going, tio Vic?"

"We gotta take your mom to the doctor's so she can have Luke."

"She's having Luke?" She asked, a confused look on her face.

"Yep, but we gotta hurry, okay?" He said, kissing her on the forehead and taking the bag from me.

"Okay!" She shouted.

I put a hand over my stomach to help with the pain, "Sometime today, guys."

Leia stuck her tongue out at me, "Keep your pants on, mom."

~*~

I grabbed at the sheets, "Where the hell is my husband?!" I yelled out.

Vic started pacing again, "He said he'd meet us here! I don't know!"

I threw a hand up, "What the hell? He better hurry the fuck up because I don't think I can stall much longer!"

Vic furrowed his brow, pulling out his phone, "He hasn't tried to call, or text, or anything. I don't know where he's at, Lise."

I made a sound in the back of my throat, "Ten minutes. He has ten minutes."

"I'll call him."

I nodded, "You do that."

My contractions were three minutes apart, which was the cut off. The nurse kept trying to get me to do some breathing exercises, but I couldn't until Tony got there. I couldn't have this baby until Tony got there. My backache kept getting worse, almost excruciating.

"He didn't answer," Vic said, closing the door behind him.

I rolled my eyes, trying to get my breathing back to normal, "He better have a fucking awesome reas-" I was cut off by another contraction.

Vic grabbed my hand, "It's okay, Lise. Breathe through it," He said, mimicking the breathing exercises the nurse'd showed him.

I tried to copy him, but I couldn't, "I can't hold out much longer, Vic." I said, tears forming in my eyes, "I'm scared.."

He rubbed circles on the back of my hand, "Just give him five more minutes. I know Tone, he won't miss this."

I nodded, trying to believe him. The doctor came in, clipboard in hand, "How're we doing?"

"Three minutes." I said, knowing he was going to ask me about my contractions.

His face turned to one of surprise, "That close? Let me check.." He said, checking how dilated I was, "Wow. You're almost there!"

I groaned, "I can't! Tony's not here."

He looked over at Vic, "You're not the father?"

"Oh, god, no." I said, feeling a blush spreading across my face after I said it.

Vic frowned at me, "No, I'm.. just her friend."

The doctor nodded, "You're going to have to leave during labor, alright?"

He nodded, "Tony should be here by then."

On cue, Tony walked through the door, frantic and out of breath, "I didn't miss it, did I?!"

I let out the breath I'd been holding, "Thank god." I said, motioning him over to me.

"What'd I miss?"

"Nothing. The boring bits." I said, kissing his cheek, "Thank god you're here."

He nodded, "I'm really sorry, Lise. Traffic.. I ended up running."

I laughed, cringing because of the pain, "Just get this baby out of me." I said through clenched teeth.

The doctor let out a chuckle, "Ready to push?"

I made a face, "I'm ready?"

"Are you?" He asked, pulling gloves over his hands.

I nodded, confused, "I am."

Tony pulled the chair over, "I don't think I can make it through this standing.." He said, his face paling.

I smiled, grabbing his hand.

"Okay, push on three," I felt a strong contraction start, "One," Tony squeezed my hand, "Two," I looked up into his eyes, tears forming in my own, "Three."

I pushed hard, squeezing Tony's hand. As fast as it'd started it was over; one push and my baby was out. Tony smiled down at me, mouthing a 'good job' and kissing me.

I felt my throat close up as I looked down. Tony put a hand on my shoulder, "He has my eyes.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, because I know how much that ending sucked (a lOT I KNOW I'M SORRY), I rewrote it! I like this a lot better, and the ending's a cliffhanger of sorts, but it's officially the end. Thank you guys so, so much for sticking with me through all of this; you're all fucking awesome and get all the internet gifts I can send you! ♥
Special thanks to everyone who recommended/subbed/commented!
Aaaand to:
Clik
PTVTea
colorfultears
iShotTheSherriff1313
mexiquinn
on your side;
SkyeeATL
I honestly love every single one of you guys from the bottom of my heart okay ♥