‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

Don't Be So Sentimental

"Babe." Tony said, poking my forehead repeatedly.

I groaned hitting his hand away, "What?"

He smiled, "Do you know what today is?"

I cracked my eyes open, "Saturday?"

His grid widened, "Yes, but what day is it?"

I sat up on my elbows, "I don't know. It's Saturday."

"It's your due date!" He said, kissing my nose.

I groaned again, pulling the blankets over my face, "Where's Leia?"

He poked my side, "She's still asleep."

"What time is it?" I asked. It had to be pretty early if Lee was still asleep.

"Eight."

I sighed, rolling over on my side, "Why did you wake me up at eight o'clock to tell me something I already knew?"

He put his hand on my stomach, "I'm just excited."

I smiled, kissing his nose, "You're cute."

He laughed, pulling me into his chest, "You are."

"Don't you have stuff to do today?" I asked, tracing patterns into his arm.

He nodded, kissing the top of my head, "I have to help mi madre with some stuff. It shouldn't take that long, but Vic's coming over to keep an eye on.. things."

"Are you seriously having Vic baby sit me?" I asked.

"Well, you, Leia, and Luke."

I groaned, "It's too early for this."

~*~

Vic made an impatient sound, "Are you going in today, or?" He asked, picking Leia up.

I shrugged, "I don't know. This pregnancy has been way different than Leia's." I motioned for him to sit down in the chair across from me, "The doctor said I could've gone into labor anywhere from a week ago to a week from now."

He furrowed his brow, setting Leia on his lap, "So, you don't even know?"

"Know what?" Leia asked, playing with the buttons on Vic's button up.

"When Jul- Luke's gonna be here." I said, sitting back.

She made the same sound Vic'd made, "He better hurry up, or he's gonna miss my birthday party."

Vic laughed, kissing the side of her head, "You're just like your dad." He said.

She scrunched her nose, "Am not. Right, momma?"

"You're his little clone."

She threw her hands up, "You guys are impossible!" She said; hopping off Vic's lap and running to her room.

"She reminds me so much of you both." He said, picking up his cup.

I nodded, "Some of the things she does," I looked down, nostalgia filling my chest, "She's just.. It's scary because sometimes I'll see his face in hers. Like, it won't even be Leia, it'll be Mike. And the way she acts.." I shook my head, laughing.

He laughed too, "I know what you mean. Some days I miss him so much I don't want to move, but then I see Lee and it's okay."

I felt a lump forming in my throat, "It's the same for me with you." I said, fiddling with my mug, "Sometimes I'll look at you and see Mike. How he would've been, you know? And knowing that he won't see Lee grow up sucks, but you're here, and you get to experience it." I frowned, setting my cup down, "I don't know. I'm just glad everything's the way it is, you know?" I asked.

He nodded, clearing his throat, "So, how's the whole baby thing?"

"Awesome. I'm ready to meet Julliet. Or Luke. Whatever. I'm ready to meet my baby." I said, rubbing my stomach. I felt a pressure start to build, but I ignored it.

"And you're one hundred percent sure it's Tony's this time?" He asked.

I gave him a look, "Yes. That's not even funny." I said.

He shrugged, "Just making sure. I don't want to see you guys fighting again."

I felt a tightness in my stomach, water dripping down my leg. My heart started beating faster, "V-Vic?" I asked, feeling the liquid, "I.. I thin- I think my water just broke."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've started writing my next fic, which is why this sucks so much. Thank you sO MUCH for commenting/subscribing/recommending this. You all get stickers and hugs and cookies and puppies.
iShotTheSherriff1313 (next chapter= last)
on your side; (me too *cries* you'll like the ending i hope and promise haVE A COOKIE)
PTVTea (ksdfnASKDLF THANK YOU I LOVE YOOOUUUU HAVE A PUPPY AND COOKIE FOR YOUR CREYS)
enemysh1ps (I'M SORRY LKSDNFSAKFN)
littleedeath (I AM SORRY HAVE A PUPPY FOR YOUR TEARS)
mexiquinn (*cries*)
FuEnTeSpErRy; (ASKSHDS I love you! THANKS LDF:L)
Clik (JUST FLAIL AROUND THAT'S WHAT I DO I AM SORRY WILL COOKIES HELP?????)
SkyeeATL (HERE IS MORE SORRY IT SUCKS SO BAD DSFKN NO YOU ARE AWESOME ILY TAKE A COMPLIMENTARY PUPPY BC YOU'RE PERF)
lyssagirl05 (PLS DON'T BE DEAD D: KDSNFsalkfn eep thaNK I LOVE YOU TAKE SOME COOKIES AND STICKERS JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE YOU)