Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

How Summer Found Out

Summer found out my secret crush one day when she was over at my house. Nobody was home and we were in my room. Ms. Rose gave us a French assignment and it was due the next day.

“How am I supposed to find out what you do when you’re wet?” Summer asked. I laughed. Summer groaned and scribbled something in her notebook. I sat in the middle of my bed while Summer sat on my couch.

I was reading A Midsummer’s’ Night Dream for English Literature. I’ve read it a thousands times along with many of Shakespeare’s novels, but I was just reading it again for a stronger understanding of the story for an essay we were assigned the other day.

“Hey do you have more notebook paper?” Summer asked.

I looked up from my novel, “Uh yeah, check my desk,” I said. Summer nodded her head and put her notebook on the purple couch. She rose up and smoothed out her jeans. I liked Avril Lavigne t-shirt. Summer and I had different music interests too. She liked punk and pop music, I was into classical and jazz. I played four different instruments. Mr. Bolton, the music director in Newport Province immediately administered me in playing the piano for the school orchestra. He said he admired the way my hands laced across the keys. I continued with my novel as Summer opened one of my desk drawers, she picked up a pile of papers, and was looking for any unused ones.

Then she looked at one piece of paper and stared at it for awhile. I was expecting she would have found some by now, but then I looked up.

“What’s this?” She asked.

“Huh?” I questioned. She turned to me with the sheets of paper.

“Asher…” she began. I flushed in humiliation and rose up from my bed.

“No! Don’t read that!” I cried. To Summer’s amusement, she smirked and began reading the first few lines of my love poem.

“Black hair… emerald green eyes…” she read. I stood up from my bed and brushed my brown hair from my face. “Fade into the firelight…” I stood on my rug and chased Summer. She still had the poem in her hand. “I wonder how beautiful…”

Right then and there, I snatched the poem from Summer and panted. Summer continued smirking and raised her eyebrows.

“No, it’s not what you think,” I began. Summer was still smiling.

“Summer!” I cried, blushing. “

You have a crush on Asher Peterson don’t you?” I froze and ran my hand through my hair. I was thinking Summer would be her usual self and laugh at me.

But instead she hugged me, “Awww! I should’ve known!” she said. I stood there puzzled, as her blonde hair brushed against my arm. She parted and stood in front me.

“No wonder you’re always blushing when he walks by in the school hallways,” Summer said.

“You knew!?” I cried. I was starting feel a bit relaxed.

“Well of course, I’m you’re best friend, I do know,” Summer said.

I sunk my head to my floor, “Well he doesn’t,” I muttered. Summer lifted my head with her hand.

“Hey, don’t sulk, you’re very pretty and talented, boys like that,” Summer said cheering me.

“Well that doesn’t help anything,” I sat turning around, I looked at my vanity mirror and stared at myself, I could see Summer’s reflection’s behind me.

“Ava,” she began. “You just have to try to be a little more social, he’ll notice you by then.”

I sighed. “Summ?’ I breathed turning around.

“Yeah?” she grinned.

“If you tell anyone…” I began. Summer rolled her eyes to ceiling.

She grabbed my hands, “Relax, you’re secret’s safe with me.” I looked into her blue eyes, “Trust me,” she said. I felt like I could.

Summer left an hour later and I stood there alone in my room. I looked at my guitar and shrugged. I took it from its stand and sat on my bed. I strummed a few chords and began thinking of lyrics about Asher