Meet Me at the Crossroads

02/02

Image

The next day at school was far from nerve wracking, it was down right terrifying.I still hadn't made my decision as to whether or not I was going to drop out and go on tour with Gabe or if I was going to stay behind and lose him, probably for good.

"Ivy Reyes, your needed in the office." I heard my teacher call out to me.I nodded, getting up out of my seat and grabbing my backpack before heading off to the office.I wasn't in any trouble that I knew of, so I didn't really know why I was being called up.

But then as soon as I rounded the corner there stood Gabriel waiting outside the main doors for me.I felt my stomach twist and turn in knots.He couldn't be leaving already, could he?

"What are you doing here Gabe?" I asked, slightly confused as I walked up to him.He just shrugged, wrapping his long arms around me in a tight hug.I guess no words really needed to be said, I was just happy to see him.

"I came to talk to you." He mumbled into my hair, before pulling away from me.I frowned slightly.I could tell from the tone in his voice that it wasn't going to be a very good talk, just what I was expecting.

The bell rang loudly above us, signaling that the school day was over.I looked over at him before starting to walk away to the front of the school.He followed close behind, grabbing onto my hand swiftly once we got to the corner.

"Have you tried talking to your parents yet?" He asked as we walked across the street and started on the walk to my house.I sighed, I told him it wasn't going to be until after I had got home from school and did all my work I was going to maybe bring it up to them.

But it wasn't even a guarantee that I would even be able to go with them because Gabe hadn't even asked the guys if it was cool that I tagged along for the tour.

"Gabriel, what the hell is wrong? You know I told you that I would talk to them later on.Is it something else or what?" I snapped, feeling a tad irritated from the previous problems at school.He groaned loudly, running his fingers through his hair.

"It's nothing, just the guys wanna get a head start and head out tonight.Are you in or are you out Ivy? I need to know now." He stated, basically wanting a answer right here and now.I didn't say anything back to him, and just kept on walking towards my house.

Which he obviously didn't appreciate since once we arrived at the front steps of my door, he gave me a swift half hug then turned on his heels and took off.I huffed before walking inside and slamming the wooden door hard.

Why did he have to be such a fucking drama queen when it came down to situations like this? What am I talking about, if anything I'm just as bad with being a drama queen as well.I was about to make a whole big rant and rave about not wanting him to leave just to go on tour with his hand around the country.

How fucked up is that? And I'm suppose to be his best friend? Yeah, right.

-Fast forward to later that evening-

By the time my parents had gotten home from work, I had already finished the shitload of homework that I had and cleaned up the living room so they would have a place to relax after their long days."Ivy, can you come here please?" I heard my dad say from downstairs.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and decided to check it before I went to see what it was he wanted.It was a text from Gabe.

Gabe<3: Ivy, I'm sorry for earlier..
Me: Yeah..me too..are you guys getting ready to go?
Gabe<3: Yeah, just about..I really wish I could see you..
Me: So do I..I gotta talk to my dad hold on
Gabe<3: Kk.

"Yeah dad? What is it?" I asked as I sat beside him on the sofa.I saw hm adjust his reading glasses before turning to look at me.I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't going to be very happy in whatever it was he wanted to talk to me about.

"Ivy your principal called today, she said you failed your chemistry exam and that you've ditched 3 times this entire month.What has gotten into you lately young lady? Is it because of that freak kid Gabriel? If so, I don't want you to see him until school is over." I felt my stomach twist and my muscles tense.

No one ever disrespected my best friend that way, no one did not even my own family."Dad! Don't you call him that! Gabe's been my best friend for years! He's never done anything wrong to you ever and he's helped me with all my school work! Its not his fault for anything!" I now yelled, feeling my blood start to boil.

I saw my mother look at me, her mouth hanging open slightly in shock before then looking back at my dad."Ivy! Don't talk to your father in that tone, we only want whats best for you! And we understand that he's your friend hunny, but until school is over your not allowed to see him anymore.I'm sorry." She said firmly.

I couldn't believe that they were blaming Gabe for all this mess.It wasn't fair at all, especially to him.That's when I decided I'd do what I knew that needed to be done.

I quickly bolted back upstairs into my room, shutting and locking the door behind me before proceeding to dump out all my school work and folders out of my backpack and purse then filling them full of clothes and other belongings that I figured I'd might need to take with me.

I then dialed Gabe's number as fast as I could, praying that he didn't leave yet."Gabe please tell me that you're still here." I pleaded, keeping my fingers crossed.I heard loud noises echoing in the background before finally just his voice.

"Yeah, we're at Steven's house waiting for the others to show up with the van.Why are you okay?" He asked, sounding a bit worried.I did my best to fight off the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes and gathered my bags.

"I'm in Gabe, count me in.Can you come pick me up? But don't honk or make too much noise, I'll be coming around from the back." I said, taking one final look at my room and grabbing my favorite stuffed turtle that Gabriel gave me when I was 7.

"Be there in a sec." He mumbled before hanging up quickly.I sighed, getting up off of my bed and saying one final goodbye before carefully heading downstairs and into the kitchen.I knew my parents wouldn't be able to see me from the living room windows so going through the backyard was my safest bet.

I darted through the side gate, gently closing it so it wouldn't make a loud noise, then hauled ass into Gabe's ca once I saw him come into view from the corner."Do your parents know that you're coming with us?" He asked as we started on the drive back to Steve's house.

I shook my head, looking down at my lap."I just had to go, Gabe.I couldn't stand the thought of not being around you for so long.I can't function without my bestie by my side." I sniffled, feeling tears finally run down my face.

He took his thumb and gently ran it across my cheeks, wiping them away."This could end badly but you did what you thought was best for you.My little rebel is all grown up." He laughed softly, pulling me into a tight hug once we parked in the driveway.

I smiled some, inhaling the scent of his cologne deeply."I love you, Gabriel." I muttered quietly, resting my head against his shoulder.I felt him tilt my head up with his hand, looking at me directly in the eyes with a smile spread across his face.

"And I love you too Ivy.So much that I'm going to do this in front of all my nosy friends." He chuckled, before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine in the sweetest kiss that I had ever felt.My heart raced as we kept kissing, hearing all the guys whistle and cheer at us.

"Wow we never thought you two would ever have the guts to get together.Finally!" Zakk exclaimed, giving Gabe a high five.I felt my cheeks blush bright red, feeling slightly shy that everyone had saw us kiss.

"Welcome to the crazy family known as Black Tide and enjoy the ride." Alex grinned, giving me a light hug.I smiled big, happy to know that all the guys had accepted me into the gang and were happy with me coming along.

"Come on guys lets go! We've got a long drive ahead of us!" Steven yelled from inside the van.We all gathered our bags before one by one getting into the seats.I sat in the very back row with Gabe beside me and Zakk in front.

"Ready to take on the music world?" I said, looking up at Gabe.He nodded vigorously, then took my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"As long as I have you by my side, I can conquer anything." He whispered before meshing our lips together, making my heart skip 1001 beats.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for the 2 comments and 1 subscriber that came to this story,I greatly appreciate the patience and the support! If you guys want, I'll consider continuing this as a whole chapter story.Enjoy everyone, feedback is appreciated! :)