‹ Prequel: This Burning Room
Status: read it!

To Set You Free

Tommy

I watched Elena shrink off into the distance. I didn't try to run after her. I didn't try to explain what I meant when I told her that I hoped Wyatt and Kinleigh weren't my kids. I didn't try to do anything I just simply sat there, and watched. I watched what could have been my future, walk away for the second time in my life.

I waited for another hour or so to finally walk back to my car. I plugged in my cell phone to the car charger and waited for it to turn on. Nearly thirty missed calls twenty voice mails and well over fifty text messages. I delete everything from Quinn and Ed, listen to one of my moms voice mails, she sounds frantic, then delete the rest by her, and finally scroll through some of the text messages that were sent by Eric. The one that stood out the most from him said, stop being a little Hollywood diva, and be a fucking man.

I guess he was right, I just didn't know what I wanted to do. I figured going home, maybe trying to be around people would help me make my answer clear. However it didn't. The moment I opened the door to my hotel room I see Quinn laying half naked, eating chocolate covered strawberries in my bed. This made me even more annoyed. Couldn't she ever be fully clothed?

"Your mom said that you'd be home soon, but that was nearly two hours ago. She also said that fat bitch was the one that found you."

"Leave," I said simply in an even tone.

"What?"

"I need to get to sleep and I told you not to call her that."

"I can sleep with you, or we can not sleep," Quinn tempts.

"No, put on some clothes and go. I'll see you tomorrow, or something."

"Fine, four o'clock sharp. Don't be late, I can't wait to see that pigs face when that guy reads you aren't her baby daddy."

I roll my eyes as she places a small kiss on my cheek before walking out of the door.

I plop down on the bed and rest my head against my hands. I let out a deep sigh. I didn't want any of this. None at all.

After awhile I drift off into a trouble, but needed sleep.

When I take it's almost noon. I couldn't believe that I have slept that much, but I needed it because everything is clear, like everything I needed to do came to me in a dream.

First I sent a call out to a publicist at a magazine and left her a message that gave her my story and what I was planning on doing. Within the hour she calls me back, to clarify story and wondered if she could hand it off to the media so it would be on the headlines of E! news tonight. I agreed, as long it was exactly the same story, I didn't want to be blindsided.

I made one stop before three thirty rolled around and I went to make my next call.

"Hello?" Annie answered it, surprised.

"I need your key."

"Why would I give you my key? You've ruined Elena's life, again."

"I know, I'm trying to make it right."

"Whatever, come over and I'll let you in. But don't fuck it up or I'll kick your ass."

It was four o'clock, then it was five. I thought that I'd at least get a call by now but I haven't.

Finally, the door gets pushed open. "Tommy?" Elena stands near the doorway, surprised to see me.

"Hi," suddenly I have forgotten everything I had planned to say.

"What are you doing here? You missed the DNA results. You have to call Curtis now, before he closes the office."

"I don't care about the results."

"What?"

"I know Wyatt and Kinleigh are mine."

"Then why? Why did you go through all that just to quit once you see the finish line? You didn't want to be embarrassed? Are you afraid that Quinn will leave you? Tommy I only agreed to this because you wanted it. I know who my kids father is, I've always know. I haven't gone after your money and I don't plan on it, you should know that."

"It's not that. None of that. I knew I'd get proved wrong, I don't give a fuck about what Quinn thinks and I know you aren't after my money, you aren't that type."

"I'm so confused, why are you here?"

"I want to know why. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tommy, it was to let you live. I've told you. I didn't want to hold you back when you were touching your dreams, I couldn't be that person."

"Did you find out before or after I called you?"

"A week or so before."

"I told you I'd come back for you!" I wasn't shouting at her, more to her. I didn't think Elena fully understood that I would have went to the moon and back to be with her.

"I know."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

Elena looks down, "Your mom."

"Celia?" It was my time to be confused.

"I went to her, to ask for your number. She told me that she would help me get on my feet if I kept you in the dark. She reminded me everything that I hated about myself, and made sure that I knew that if I told you, you'd grow to resent me. You'd grow to resent Wyatt and Kinleigh."

"No, no I wouldn't. She was wrong. Elena, I loved you. I still love you."

"Really, even in the back of your mind, you wouldn't have the smallest hate towards me? Instead of having your dream now, you'd be sitting here working two jobs, just like me, wondering what if? What if I hadn't slept with Elena that one last time. What if I stayed in California? What if she never told me about the twins?"

"The only what if questions I have now are, what if you don't let me in my kids life? What if I turn out to be a horrible dad. What if Elena says no to marrying me?" I drop to one knee and pull out the black velvet box from my jacket pocket.

"What? What is going on? Thomas get off the floor," Elena sounded scared but I stood my ground. I've never been more sure about anything. Elena has always been the best part of my past and I wanted her and our kids to be the greatest things about my future. "I'll think about it okay? Just get up, your mom will be here soon, with the kids."

I smiled, it wasn't the answer I wanted, but I knew that I'd have it soon enough. "Fine, I want to tell her that I've proposed to you and I want to tell Wyatt and Kinleigh about being their father."

Elena puts her hands on either side of her head. "Everything is happening so fast. Does Quinn know that you're here? How about Ed or your lawyer."

"Only Annie knows, she let me in. Elena, everything is going to work out. Haven't you always dreamed of this? Some nights, I have. It's always been you Elena, always. Anyone else has just been a buffer until we find our common ground again."

Elena suddenly smiles and crashes her lips onto mine. It's a mind numbing kiss. The one that answers all my questions. She is saying yes. Elena breaks away breathlessly. "Say yes, Elena. I just want to be happy and the only way I know how to do that is with you.

"Yes," It is only one syllable with three measly letters but it holds so much promise.

I picked her up and spun her around just like they do in those sappy romance movies. For the first time in nearly five years, I feel complete. I can breathe easily and freely. I didn't have to put too much thought into what would come next, because I don't care, as long as I am with my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter left. ):

I think I am going to start a bunch of stories and what ever one gets the most comments, or feedback I'll continue on with that one.

But yeah, posting this as a Christmas present. And for those who don't celebrate Christmas, I am posting this as a December 25th present. (:

Love Y'all!