‹ Prequel: This Burning Room
Status: read it!

To Set You Free

epilogue

She didn't have anyone to walk her down the aisle. She didn't even have anyone sit on the brides side of the pews. Elena didn't care about any of that though. She had all the family she ever wanted, and the two most important men, were waiting for her and her beautiful daughter to make their entrance.

She did another look over in the mirror. Celia smiled behind Elena, dabbing singles tears from the ducts of her eyes. "We've been through a lot together, Elena. But I'm glad to call you my daughter. You make Thomas so happy, and that is all I want for him."

Elena didn't know how to respond. Her eyes just swelled up with more tears that threatened to burst through a dam.

"You look so pretty, Mama," Kinleigh said, running her hand over the material of her mother's dress.

"Thank you baby," Elena bends to kiss her cheek.

Elena watches her daughter, the flower girl walk gracefully down the aisle, dispersing rose petals. The wedding march started and now it was her turn to have people focus their attention on. She gathered a deep breath and began to walk forward, to the man she couldn't wait to finally make her husband.

"You may kiss the bride," The minster smiled and stepped back to allow Tommy and Elena make their first official couple as husband and wife.

And they were married. Thomas and Elena Van Pierce, finally together. Against all odds, love found a way.

*

If you love someone, set them free.
And if they come back, well then it's meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
All done. Aw.

I wrote this with a friend in mind. Her dad took his life while we were kids. Her mom became an alcoholic, and her family was torn apart. It got really hard watching someone I love so much put themselves through what she was put through, knowing that the only person that could help her is herself.

She was in a serious relationship with a guy who ended up getting signed, and they had a relationship much like Elena and Tommy's so maybe one day, she'll find happiness again. <3

Thanks for reading, make sure you check out my other stories.
-> Dark Side of The Moon.
-> Along the Horizon.

Y'all been great and I hope to hear from you guys soon!