Status: Updates regular!

You Are Not a Diamond

Three.

Fraser's POV.

I honestly couldn't stop thinking about Natalia. It sounds as cliché as fuck, but she was on my mind constantly. I'd only known the girl for a couple of days and I had already developed feelings for her. Well done, Frase. She probably didn't even see me in that way.

I sighed, pushing the negative thoughts from my head and pushed open the door to the local Starbucks. I'd arranged to meet Gus here, just for a change of scenery. The other guys were off exploring the town and I wasn't really in the mood for that. I spotted Gus from across the room and immediately made my way over. He was looking down at his iPhone and had a huge smile plastered on his face. The words on his screen distracted him so much, he didn't even notice me standing in front of him until I cleared my throat.

"Oh, you alright mate! Sorry, I was a little distracted there," He laughed nervously as I sat down.

"What's got you all smiley? " I questioned.

The smile from before crept onto his face again and held his phone out to my face, showing a conversation between him and Valerie.

Hey, it was nice to finally meet you and the guys last night! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, Mr Wood ;) x

Likewise, I'm glad Talia brought you along! Oh definitely, I reckon we would do it again some time! You free this week? ;) x

Oh! I promised Talia I'd go out with her, I'm sure she won't mind if I brought you along? Maybe you could bring Fraser? They've been getting along quite well lately...;) x

I leant back in my chair and smiled to myself. I'm guessing she was hinting on a double date? I was perfectly okay with that. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't the most confident or outgoing guy, but I'm sure the presence of my best friend would help massively. Plus, I'd only seen Talia twice so overall it would be a whole lot tell awkward if both of our best mates were there.

"Well what do you make of that, Eraser?" I winced at the nickname that he had recently thought up for me.

"Yeah, I'm down for that! You know that I'm probably the most awkward guy to ever grace this Earth, so I guess the pressures off!

"Perfect! I'll text Valerie now!"

"What's going on with you two anyway? Didn't see much of you lot when we were at the club..."

Gus hesitated and quickly took a sip from the steamy hot mug. "To be honest, I was too drunk to remember what happened...All I know is that she's pretty hot and I guess I quite like her."

I nodded slowly. I felt a slight vibration from the phone in my pocket and immediately pulled it out. The corners of my mouth twisted up into a smile when I realised who it was from.

Fraserrr! Hi, Valerie just texted me about meeting up with you guys some time this week? Just wanted to let you know I'm totally cool with that :-) x

"Wow, Valerie didn't mess around. Talia just texted me about the 'double date'," I told Gus, who was also completely immersed in his iPhone.

"What did she say?" He asked. Although there really wasn't any need of him doing so. The cheesy grin on my face really did say it all. Gus guessed my answer and resumed to him phone.

Hey Talia! :-) Cool, can't wait to see you again! I haven't really double dated before so this is kind of new for me haha x

"Fuck..." The single word escaped my lips but when completely unheard by Gus who was still too caught up in whatever he was reading on his iPhone.

She didn't even mention anything about a double date. I instantly regretted sending the message as soon as I had pressed the 'Send' button. How could I be so stupid?

---

Talia's POV.

Double date. Fraser called it a date. I suddenly felt like a 15 year old again as my stomach began to flip inside of me. I had only met Fraser twice and both meetings were quite short. The pressure was off because Valerie was also coming but it was a double date, which obviously meant that someone (I'm guessing Gustav) would be coming too.

I slowly span around on the spinny chair in my office as I thought to myself. I really wasn't in the mood to work today, so procrastination was in full effect. The tapping of the keys on Valerie's BlackBerry was all I could here in the silence of the room. I took one guess at who she was texting: Gus.

"Woah, slow down there! Your fingers are going to drop off with the amount of texting you've been doing!" I exclaimed sarcastically, causing a slight giggle to escape from Valere's mouth.

"Sorry, I'm just texting Gus. I really think that I like him, oh my God. We haven't stopped texting since we last saw each other!" Valerie's face flushed a deep red, almost matching the colour of her hair.

"Awwwwwww!" I cooed, earning a middle finger in my direction from Valerie.

"So, this whole 'double date' thing, you excited?

"I think. I don't know. I really like Fraser which is weird since I haven't even spent much time with him..." I said, chewing the end of my pen and picking up the pace of my spinning.

"Awwwwwww! Valerie mocked. "I saw you two at the club. You were getting pretty close!" She winked and I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon, we better get this work done or James'll go ape shit at us!" I said, completely avoiding her comment about Fraser.

---

Gustav's POV.

The night of the double date finally came around and I was pretty excited, to say the least. All week I had been texting Valerie non-stop. I liked the girl, I really did. But I still couldn't shake Talia from my thoughts. At least I'd get to see her tonight, though. I instantly felt bad. Fraser was obviously smitten with Talia and I wasn't going to get in the way of the two of them. Ugh. Why did I have to like her?

I fixed my dyed blonde hair in the mirror and decided that I looked moderately decent for tonight. I wore a checkered shirt, black skinny jeans and my signature leather jacket. Quickly checking the time, I called out to Fraser who was pretty much wearing what he normally wore: black skinny jeans, beat up black Vans, Blink-182 t-shirt, a denim jacked and a backward snapback perched on his head.

"So where exactly are we going?" Fraser asked from the passenger seat.

"Pizza Hut. I mean c'mon, who the fuck doesn't like pizza?! And besides, I think we've done enough partying these past few days!"

"Woah, did I just hear Mr Rockstar himself say that we've done enough partying?!" Fraser's gasped dramatically. "That's a first!"

---

We all sat in comfortable silence around the table as we ate out pizza. Talia was to my left, Valerie opposide me and Fraser opposite Talia. Any shyness or awkwardness from before had completely vanished. All except my growing nervousness around Talia. I noticed little things about her that made my heart flutter. Her gentle laugh. The way her eyes sparkled when she smiled. The pink blush that randomly appeared on her face. I mentally slapped myself. I had to stop thinking these things about her. I was here with Valerie not Talia.

Talia rested her head on her hand and looked over at Fraser as he was talking, taking a genuine interest in whatever he was rambling on about. They both looked as though they were having a great time; the smiles on their faces saying it all. I'd never seen Fraser this happy before. He talked confidently and clearly without mumbling like he usually did. It was obvious that Talia had some sort of effect on him. The shy, introverted guitarist became the exact opposite the moment he looked into her eyes. The hand I had rested on the table gradually curled into a fist. My jealous thoughts were getting the better of me.

"Gus? Gus, are you listening?" Valerie touched my hand and gave it a slight shake. I was quickly interrupted from my thoughts and gave her a reassuring nod, gesturing her to ramble on about whatever. I honestly felt bad for not making an effort with her seeing as I had been talking to her pretty much non-stop. She didn't deserve that.

But I guess you can't help how you feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts? Sorry for how long and boring and uneventful this story has been so far!
~Natasha xo.