Status: I've already written most of this story and now it is just a matter of me uploading it... which might take a while because I have other stories in the process also.

Lost in the Echo

Can your heart still break if it's already stopped beating?

Maria’s POV:

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.


It hurt to breathe.

Beep.

Beep.

BEEP!


“I do not remember setting an alarm.” I muttered and turned over to hit the clock but when my eyes opened I wasn’t in my bed at home in my tiny apartment. I was in a cramped hospital room and the beeping sound was the heart monitor. I quickly looked around the room and saw that everyone was in there and they were all asleep in various places around the room. I felt a weight on my lap and looked down and saw Tony. He was covered in bruises and had some bandages. I reached down and started poking his cheek. He groaned and tried to brush my hand away but I just laughed quietly and kept poking him.

“Jaime leave me the hell alone.” he grumbled.

“Tony I am so not Jaime.” I giggled and ignored the aching pain that gave me. “I think I’m a tiny bit cuter... not much maybe because come on it is Jaime but just a little.”

He sat up straight at the sound of my voice and scooted closer to my head. He grabbed my hand and pressed it to his lips.

“You’re awake!” he gasped and leaned forward to kiss my forehead. “How are you feeling?”

“It hurts to breathe and laugh and talk but nothing I haven’t felt before.” I said softly. “What happened last night? Why are you hurt?”

“Don’t worry about me.” he laughed. “We were going to Jaime’s to celebrate and our car was hit. Y-You wouldn’t wake up and there was so much blood and they didn’t know if you were gonna make it.” he said quickly and brought my hand to his cheek. “We were so fuckin scared.”

“You aren’t hurt to bad are you?” I asked. I was worried and my heart monitor sped up a little.

“No I’m not. Just some bruised ribs and three stitches on my arm but you… your side had to be stitched up a lot.” he said and kissed my hand again. I pulled my hand away from him and carefully pulled up my shirt. I gasped when I saw my side. Yes there were a ton of stitches but what made me feel a little sick was the color. It was red and bruised and there was a little bit of crust that made it look like on top of sewing me back together they had also glued me. I didn’t even really care about what it looked like either. I was only worried about one thing.

I jumped up out of the bed and ran out to the hall where I quickly found a doctor and grabbed his arm.

“Am I going to be able to tour?” I asked urgently.

“Maria! You shouldn’t be up and around yet!” Tony said and grabbed my arm.

“Go away Tony!” I grumbled and turned my attention back to the doctor. “Am I going to be able to tour?”

“Miss Fuentes you should go rest.” The doctor said.

NO! Tell me if I am going to be able to go to Warped!” I said feeling tears come to my eyes. “Please tell me I can still go.” I whimpered.

“We aren’t sure yet Miss Fuentes.” he said bluntly and I felt my knees go weak. Tony caught me and picked me up. I buried my face in his neck and started crying. I felt like I was melting into a pool of misery and it was coming out of my eyes.

“You think you could’ve said something a little less cold?” Tony growled. “That music might not mean much to you people but it is our life. It is her life.” He carried me back to the room and set me carefully on the bed and placed a ton of little kisses all over my face. “Please don’t cry.” he whispered.

“Hey! You’re awake!” a tired voice pretty much yelled and woke everyone in the room up. I looked through my tears to see Cyril. “And you’re crying… why?”

“Because she almost died dumb ass!” Misha yelled and threw something at him.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!” I screeched at them and grimaced in pain. It hurt a lot and only brought more tears to my eyes.

“Well then what?” Jaime asked.

“I might not be able to go.” I said quietly and pulled the covers up to my chin and laid on my side facing away from them all. I felt a couple hands touch me but I shook them off and closed my eyes.

“Go where?”

“To Warped. Leave her alone guys.” Tony said quietly.

“Really?”

“Yeah really so just… go find another guitarist and leave me alone!” I growled.

“No.” Nikita said and glared at me. “Stop feeling sorry for yourself Maria! We aren’t gonna leave you and go on tour with some stranger! This is a family and you are my sister! I am not gonna let you just sit and feel sorry for yourself and I am not gonna just let you give up because you would never forgive yourself.”

“Fuck you Nikita!” I yelled. “I have a hole in my side!”

LISTEN TO YOURSELF!” he yelled back at me. “You never feel sorry for yourself! We almost lost you AGAIN Maria and now you are going to just give up! Fine see if I care! All I have seen in my life is people just fucking leaving me! Go and join the crowd then!” the whole room fell silent and we all just stared at him. I opened my mouth and tried to say something but he just shook his head and pretty much ran out of the room.

“I’ll go get him.” Misha sighed but I shook my head and sat up. “Maria you shouldn’t be moving a lot right now.”

“I don’t care.” I sighed. “I made the mess and I’ll fix it.”

“I’ll come with.” Tony said and stood up.

“No stay here.” I said and kissed his cheek. “He obviously needs to talk and he wont if someone else is there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Motionless In White