Status: Slow going. Layout coming soon.

LionHearts

Chapter 6;

"Mis, please slow down." The groan came from behind her, far behind actually. The man she was tied to for life was slowly bringing up homicidal thoughts to the forefront of Misteria's mind. Stopping abruptly, the princess of OverSoul turned sharply on her heel, hands on her hips, glaring at the two men that were slouching and dragging their feet.

"My father may be in danger, there's a new dragon keeper unknown to us running around, and the country to the west of us is planning a take over! And you want to stop and take a nap?!" Her voice grew in volume as she spoke.

August could only slam his forehead into the palm of his hand, while Zura crossed his arms over his chest and raised a brow upward.

"I realize your royal duties are stressful, but please recognize you need rest too." As Zura spoke, he stepped closer, waving his hand over to a fallen tree- signaling her to sit. She obeyed with an annoyed huff, plopping herself down on the seat. "Take off your shoes?"

"Why?"
Zura only stared flatly. With another sigh, Misteria listened and took off her boots. The Alchemist gave many "tsks" as he knelt in front of his princess, examining the bloody soles of her bare feet. With precise motions, her made a signal that resembled one of a church steeple with his fingers, pointing the pointed fingers toward her feet and gathered life energy from the trees surrounding them. Slowly, the wounds on her feet were stitching themselves together.

Her face softened as she stared down at Zura, feeling a twinge of guilt at her pigheadedness. As he finished, the young man let out a satisfied "hmph" and stood, turning only slightly to wave a stunned August over. As August passed the Alchemist, a hardened look solidified in his blue eyes. The Alchemist only returned with a stormy gaze from his, steady and trained on August's.

"So let's rest, hm?" August suggested as he tore his look from Zura and settled on the site of his wife.

Misteria bit her bottom lip- hard. Torn between need and want. Finally, she shrugged and waved around the area.

"Find a place to set up, I'll..survey the area."
"You aren't going to run off again, are you?" The Alchemist asked, half joking, half actually worried that was her plan.

Swiftly unhooking her swords chain holder, she gave the chain and sheathed sword to August grudgingly.

"There. Defenseless like so, I won't want to."
"Defenseless, you'll become a victim surveying the area!" August retorted, peeved.
Zura shrugged. "Very well, I'm sure you have a dagger somewhere on you."

The princess chuckled darkly, that glint sparking again as she stood and began on her way- opposite of her comrades. Before she was out of ear-range, she caught a clip of the conversation at her departure.

"Something's wrong." August murmured to Zura.
"Really? I haven't noticed."