Status: On hold, indefinite

Silence of the Children

We weren't supposed to be here

“Come on Sissy, let’s explore.” Ana had already crawled through the hole in the chain fence and was dancing on the other side.

“Ana, come on, you’ve had your fun, it’s time to go home.”

“But you promised,” she didn’t stop twirling in the grass or even give me a second glance.

“Yeah, when we get home, I’ll play with you there, but not here.”

“Why not?” she stopped.

“Didn’t you see the sign? No trespassing?” I pointed to the sign which was above the hole she’d just crawled under.

“Rules are for losers, that’s what Toby said.”

Eugh, Toby, her knight in shining armour; she looked up to him as if he was a god or something.

“You know Toby’s dad owns this land?”

“Exactly, so nothing bad will happen to us.” She carried on further into the field.

What was I going to do with her? I turned around and just in the distance, I could see a car way off in the distance, but it was coming this way. In a few seconds, they would see us.

“ANA GET BACK HERE NOW! SOMEONE’S COMING!”

She started to run in the opposite direction.

“Mom says that you can’t leave me, so you’ll have to come with me,” she laughed and kept running. It wasn’t long before she was over the hill and out of sight.

“Damn it!” I muttered under my breath before crawling through the hole and chasing after her. Eerily, as soon as I crossed the fence, I got the feeling that someone or something was watching us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you likey :)