Status: Updated as often as possible. :)

The Dead Are Living

Chapter 2

I pulled Jesse to the get his baggage as he waved goodbye to his wife.
“Jesse! We’re gonna miss our flight! This isn’t the last time that you’re gonna see her. We can’t miss this flight!” I finally let go of him to collect my bags then get on the plane. The rest of the band members following behind.
We all ran onto the plane, hoping that we weren’t going to miss our flight.
I sighed. “At least we didn’t miss our flight, guys.” I commented behind me to the band as we walked through the aisle to find our seats.
“Whatever, Kellin.” Justin said to me, but I just ignored him.
We had all gotten in an argument last night over plane seats and the time that we had to wake up. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but it was clearly important to the rest of the band. Justin was just angry because he didn’t get to sit in the front of the plane.
I had finally found my seat to see a familiar man. I knew who he was I just couldn’t remember where I had saw him before. I wasn’t going to stress on that though. So I quickly dismissed it and took my seat next to him.
“Hi, I’m Kellin.” I greeted him. I stretched out my hand to shake his but he just gave me a weird look like he was annoyed or something. I awkwardly leaned back in my seat.
“So...What’s your name?” I asked as the flight attendant announced something everyone.
“Ricky.” He shut off his phone. I nodded as I thought. Ricky....That’s a familiar name. He’s not a fan at least.
“Are you in a band?” He sighed.
“Yep. I’m in a band called Motionless In White?” I grinned with a nod.
“That’s why you were so familiar! I’m Kellin Quinn from Sleeping With Sirens! We’ve met before.”
“Ah! You seemed familiar to me, too.” He didn’t seem as excited as me. We sat there silently for a few awkward moments as the plane lifted off and took flight.
“So, where you headed?” I broke the silence. He looked at me as if he had forgotten I was next to him. Maybe he was trying not to acknowledge me.
“I’m, uh, on my way to Warped Tour.” I nodded.
“Me too, dude! It’s cool to finally meet another band member going to Warped on a flight for once!”
“Oh really?” I nodded again.
“Yeah. Yep.” Ricky sighed. It was tough trying to keep a conversation with him. I got an idea.
“Ha. Hey. Let me tell you this funny story from last night.?” I asked without waiting for a response. “So I was walking down the sidewalk with the band and a group of fans come up to me and there was this cute little girl who walked up to me and gave me a hug. It was the cutest thing. Her older sister was crying and telling us how we saved her life. It was pretty awesome. Isn’t it just amazing when you get to have a connection with your fans like that?” I turned my head to see Ricky fast asleep in his seat. I coughed and awkwardly looked around to see if anyone was watching me practically talking to myself.
“Have a nice nap.” I muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope I did an OK job