Status: Complete

She's My Daisy in the Dust

Nick and Blair on Radio One

“And of course my beautiful co host is still here.” Nick grinned, “Miss Monroe, how are you at this early hour?”

“I’m alright.” I laughed, “I have tea so it’s alright.”

“You’re never awake to listen to me are you?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“I do listen.” I said and he laughed.

“You don’t. It’s okay.” Nick grinned at me as I shook my head, “you need your beauty sleep.”

“Thanks.” I grinned shaking my head.

“Don’t mention it.” Nick laughed, “so now we have some rihanna for you.”

He pressed the button and I sipped my tea as my phone buzzed.

“Is that the boy toy?” Nick asked and I nodded, “how is he?”

“Alright.” I shrugged reading the text, “he’s listening.”

“So he listens when you’re on the radio but I’m on everyday and he hardly ever listens to me!” Nick pretended to be hurt.

“Your show is so flaming early.” I muttered and he chuckled.

“Are we still going shopping after?” Nick asked and I hummed, “don’t sound too excited.”

“No I am.” I bit my lip looking back up at him, “I’m just a bit distracted today that’s all.”

“You okay?” Nick asked and I nodded.

“Sure.” I shrugged as the sond ended, “that was Calvin Harris’ Bounce.”

“You like that song don’t you.” Nick commented and I shrugged.

“s’alright.” I laughed as Nick mimicked me.

“You have the weirdest accent ever.” He commented.

“Gee thanks.” I chuckled, “I’d say yours was but I quite enjoy it.”

“I didn’t say I didn’t like yours. It’s unique just like you babe.”

“Aw thanks.” I laughed, “so Nick.”

“Blair.” He smiled.

“Did you have a good night last night?” I chuckled, “I’ve seen some pictures of you online.”

“Did you now?” he shook his head an embarrassed grin on his face.

“Tut Tut. Out so late on a school night.” I grinned.

“Not all of us go home to have skype dates.” Nick raised an eyebrow and I pursed my lips together embarrassed.

“Right so up next is One Direction with One Thing.” I ignored Nick who started to sing the beginning of the song.

“I’ve seen you do beautiful renditions of this song yourself Blair.” Nick chuckled and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Let’s leave it to the professionals yea?” I chuckled as I hit play.

The radio show was a good distraction for me this morning as the date weighed heavy on my shoulders. It went quickly with Harry texting remarks to me throughout about different comments we had made. As we finished up and walked out Nick wrapped an arm around my shoulders looking at me curiously but didn’t question me. It wasn’t until we’d been shopping for a good 2 hours and I was standing infront of a tshirt in Topshop with the writing ‘Hero’ written across the chest that he finally spoke up.

“Everything isn’t okay today is it?” Nick asked and I shook my head reaching up and taking the top down deciding I wanted it, “do you want to get a tea and talk about it?”

“Not really.” I shook my head walking towards the till, “I’m not sure what I want.”

“Have you spoken to H about this?” Nick asked and I shook my head, “Louis?”

“Louis knows.” I nodded, “Louis has always known.”

I put my card in the machine as I paid for the top.

“Blair.” Nick wrapped an arm around my shoulders dropping a kiss on the top of my head, “let’s sit.”

I let Nick lead me to the café to sit down in armchairs opposite each other.

“My mum walked out today.” I told him and he looked at me confused, “when I was 13 she left. No note. No explanation.”

“And today is the anniversary of that day.” Nick stated and I nodded.

“It’s ridiculous how much affect someone I hate has on my day.” I sighed, “I feel like shit today.”

“Why haven’t you mentioned this to Harry?” he asked and I sighed.

“What and have him piss everyone off, drop everything and come back to look after me for the day?” I raised my eyebrow at him, “no I have to do today alone.”

“You don’t have to be alone.” Nick told me and I nodded.

“I know that.” I bit my lip, “I’ve always done it alone, thats why Louis isn’t here.”

Nick pursed his lips together before taking a drink of his coffee.

“I’m coming over tonight. We’ll watch some shitty films and have a sleepover.” Nick told me and I
shook my head, “I have a key Blair.”

“So I’m being held against my will in my own home?” I asked and Nick grinned.

“Don’t make it sound like torture.” He grabbed my hand, “I’ll even let you pick the movie.”

I let a small smile grow on my lips before reluctantly agreeing to him coming over. We finished shopping and Nick dropped me home before going to his to get his stuff to stay over. I wondered around the house placing the things I had brought away. I was lighting candles in the lounge when my phone rang.

“Hello.” I sat on the sofa.

“Hey beautiful.” His voice was gentle.

“I didn’t expect you to call today.” A small smile played on my lips.

“I was just checking my lovely girlfriend was alright.” He told me.

“I’m okay.” I told him.

“You’re a terrible liar.” He sighed, “what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” I shook my head, “Nick is coming over and we’re having a sleepover.”

“What’s wrong B?” he asked.

“I think I’ll make him watch Wild Child.” I mused.

“Blair.” His voice was stern, “tell me what’s wrong.”

“Harry I’m okay.” I sighed.

“That isn’t what I asked.” He said.

“You can’t fix this.” I said softly, “I’m just down that’s all. I didn’t want to make a fuss. This isn’t something you need to be here for.”

“Blair.” He sounded sad that I was so obviously upset and he wasn’t there.

“It’s the day she left.” I said quietly.

“I could have been there.” Harry groaned and I shook my head, “I should have been there.”

“Harry it’s fine.” I sighed, “I’m okay.”

“You’re not.” He stated and I pursed my lips, “I love you so much Blair.”

“I love you too.” I leaned back on the sofa, “talk to me.”

“Louis pulled Nialls trousers down during sound check.” Harry told me and I giggled, “he went bright red.”

“I bet.” I smiled slightly.

“I fell over.” He mumbled and I stifled a laugh, “you can laugh, it’s alright.”

“What happened?” I asked through my giggles.

“Stupid mic stand just appeared out of nowhere.” He told me and my laughter increased.

“I’m sure it did babe.” I chuckled.

Harry continued to tell me stories about his day until Nick arrived carrying bags full of food. We ended up under duvets watching movies and stuffing our faces full of sweets and popcorn. He tried to keep me distracted the whole night and it worked to a certain extent.

Let me know you’re okay. I’m worried about you. I love you

I have you. I’m perfect.

That you are.
♠ ♠ ♠
First update of the day. Expect more.

Comments make me feel less shitty about my life :)

Peace.Love.NickGrimshawMakesMeHappy