Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Queen in Training

After a year with Evgeny, Anna was seriously in shape and ready for what came for her. She was progressing like an Olympian. Physically she was only 9 but she had the skills and she preformed like she was atleast a junior competitor. Evgeny knew he had a gem.
As more people found out about her and as she brought her to more camps at Lake Krugloe people wanted to coach her. Of course this was a big problem in their relationship. At a few points in time Evgeny WANTED Anna to train with someone better who could help her more but Anna DEMANDED and made Evgeny promise he would never stop training her as long as she was still an active athlete and he was alive. It was a sworn deal.

She didn’t have any competitions before she was 13 just because she simply didn’t qualify yet. At the same time Evgeny didn’t want anyone to see the progress she was making.
On the bad side she wouldn’t have that experience to preform if she didn’t compete so in the mean time everytime she would do a routine for real they would have everyone in the gym watch her. That’s how she got her confidence. From a young age.

When she turned 13 she moved to Lake Krugloe with her coach. It was 2010 and she was eligible to start competing.
At first she only did little competitions and the junior national championships in Russia and finally In 2011 when she was turning 14 Russia FINALLY took her to an international competition they felt like they were risking it since she was so young and inexperienced and Evgeny kept her so hidden but they went for it.

They took her to the 2011 Japan Cup for juniors. She was doing the all-around of course. At the moment she had one of the highest scoring beam and floor routines and she had two vaults to qualify for vault finals.
She competed with elegance and sophistication. While her better well trained team mates faltered she won the all-around and each event final. Five total gold medals and then a silver with the team.
After the Japan cup, the new head of Russian gymnastics, Alexander Alexandrov made plans for Anna. One day he brought both Evgeny and Anna into his office at Lake Krugloe.
“Right now Anna trains with all the juniors” Alexandrov started.
“Yes”
“I want to place her with the seniors and see how that works. She’ll warm up and condition with them” he explained. “And she can get used to it”
“So I can get ready for the Olympics?” she asked.
“Yeah, Anna. You’ll be a senior in 2013” he said. “Not that much time to prepare”
“Ok” Anna said.
“Im not sure” Evgeny said. “I don’t want her to burn out” he said. “I’d rather her train at junior level some more and make her way to senior level in 2014”
“Why wait that long?” Alexandrov asked. “She has the whole quad” evgeny shook his head.
“I have all quad” Anna said. “I don’t want to burn out”
“She’s my student so I’ll deal with this matter” Evgeny left with Anna. They did not play by any of the rules and Alexandrov as okay with that. If Arkaev was still here he would have stripped Evgeny with his coaching position at Lake Krugloe and deemed him unfit to coach Anna. Alexandrov felt like Evgeny knew what he was doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
mostly a sucky filler chapter