Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Anna's Biggest Fan

Tom Daley was introduced to a late night talk show the week before the Rio games. He was very eager to talk the Olympics. Usually they asked him about his love life and up until the 2015 world championships he didn’t have anything to say, but now he did.
“So is there a special someone in your life? Who is going to help you through Rio?” Tom smirked to himself. He could feel the crowd anticipated an answer.
“Not yet” Tom said. “There is this girl”
“Oh, can you tell us about her?”
“She’s incredible” Tom said. “and I’ll get to see her again in Rio”
“You’ve never met her before?”
“Only once last year” he said. “We’ve talked a lot since then but I don’t know if she likes me because there’s like a three year age gap”
“Three years is nothing. You won’t know until you ask. Who wouldn’t say yes to you?” the crowd cheered. Tom shrugged.
“She’s like a superstar athlete though. I feel so inferior because she could get anyone she wanted”
“So is she a gold medal contender?”
“Like a triple gold medal contender”
“Oooh so you’re really climbing the food chain. Well, you’ll have to win a medal now to prove you are worth it” the crowd cheered.
“I will do the best I can. I don’t want to let her down”
“Does she know you’re going to be in Rio?”
“Yeah we’re planning to meet up once she’s done competing which is before I start competing. So hopefully I get to see her and things go from there”
“Where’d you meet her?”
“At the gymnastic world championships last year”
“Oh gymnastics! She’s a triple gold contender? You make this easy, Tom, you really do. Well she’s a sweet heart” the talk show host said. “She’s really the next big thing in gymnastics and…well I don’t know if she’ll want you if she has three or four gold medals” the crowd laughed.
“I know”
“For those who don’t know he’s talking about world champion, Anna Zabrikova” the talk show host said. “She’s made history by being the first female gymnast to win three world championships in a row and she might be your future girlfriend. Let’s just hope everything goes well In London”
“I hope things go well”