Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

This Mix of a Girl

Before Anna could go to America she had a few promotional stuff. The whole Russian team had a few more interviews to do. Now that Anna was in shape and ready they would do it now.
“What do you think of your silver medal?” Anna didn’t want to answer so Maria did.
“A medal is a medal” she said. “We worked really hard for it. We are staying consistent. Maybe next year we can win another silver or even a gold”
“What about knowing your teammate is the…” Anna prayed the interviewer would say ‘…the one who ruined your chance of gold’. She actually said “First Russian all around champion?” all the girls smiled, Anna blushed.
“She’s amazing” Aliya said. “She did what we couldn’t do and she had the prize in her mind all along. I’m so happy for her. She’s really had to face some difficult challenges over the last four years and I’m also happy to see she’s worked though them”
“She’s so energetic and eletric” Viktoria started. “Everyone knows her, how can you not?” the girls giggled. “I remember having interviews in Rio…everyone stood up to talk to her” she continued. “Shes like this…hybrid…this mix of a girl who can’t ontain herself. But I always got the sense that she became torn between being a good gymnast and missing out on all the opportunities that life had to offer a girl as magnificent as her. I understand her” she said. Anna smiled. “I’m so proud of her”
“Can you say girl crush?” Ksenia said. The girls laughed.