Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

No

“So how old are you?” I asked Jeremy sipping on the cherry flavored slurpee he had just brought me. We were walking around the mostly empty park around three in the afternoon.

“I’m 15,” He answered “What about you?”

‘I’m supposed to asking the questions remember?” I reminded him. I didn’t want to seem like a bitch being picky like that. I’d eventually let him ask me questions selectively but I wanted to know him first before I told him anymore about me.

“Sorry.” he apologized

“I’m 16 now. I’m turning 17 next month. When do you turn 16?” I looked at him as he looked down at the cemented sidewalk that we were walking on.

“In March. We should sit over there” Jeremy pointed to a swinging benched the face the lake that was in the center of the park.

“I’d rather keep walking” I shook my head. I would loved to actually sit with him but the thought of doing so scared me somehow. I always sort of had a problem with getting close to people. If I get attach they always seem to leave me somehow or way.

“Okay,” Jeremy shrugged “So you wanted to ask me questions so, shoot away”

~xXx~


“So you’re telling me Dontae reads anime books?” I gasped between the laughs Jeremy was making me produce.

“No, no, no” he shook his head “Manga.” He corrected. It was getting late and the afternoon turned to evening as the sun began to set. For the past hours we had been walking around the park, Jeremy telling me about his life without asking me questions in return. We started to pass the swinging bench again.

“Do you wanna sit?” I asked, Jeremy nodded and smiled without another word we sat comfortably on the bench together. Jeremy kicked the bench in swinging motion “So, since I’m beginning to know you better, I guess you could ask me a few questions.”

Jeremy looked at me with a smile, I really started to feel myself opening up it was scary but I guessed it was something that I would have to get over. I was tired of being afraid. He looked over the glistening lake and was quiet for a few moments.

“Why did you cut yourself?” Jeremy asked.

My happiness drained quickly all at once he asked me that. I didn’t know how to respond. Truth be told half the time I wasn’t sure myself. One day, when I had came home from a rough day of fifth grade I remember taking a knife and scrapping it across my wrist. I didn’t try to kill myself, I just did it and I started to feel better. I had gotten caught by my school that didn't do much besides send me to the shrink. My mom was too busy drunk to notice me. Since then I had started cutting my thighs and during colder months I’d cut my arms. But of course I didn’t tell Jeremy that. How could I? How could he understand? It wasn’t for him to know? My life wasn’t just a story he could have. So I did the only thing I could do, the only thing I knew how to do. I got up and I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine