Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Breathe In, Breathe Out

“Oh god,” I told myself. I was having a panic attack. I eyed the purple and silver stash on the football stadium that read homecoming princess nominee and swallowed thickly. This school had been absolutely insane. Jeremy had been awarded Homecoming prince nominee, that was no surprise considering he is the blood relative of the towns most popular quarterback, Wilko, but me? Princess!? The loser that everyone picked on until she was seen walking around campus holding hands with Jeremy Shada? I had people that hadn’t said anything to me since I was in kindergarten wave hello and smile at me in the hallway.

Everyone assumed we were dating which is not the case. Jeremy and I are friends. Just friends.There was another couple that was running against us. I was certain the other couple would probably win, then again I was sort of hoping they’d win. The thought of me becoming Homecoming Princess scared me for whatever reasons.

Alright, I just gotta keep it together until tomorrow then hopefully this will be all over

I reminded myself. The day was Friday, tonight was a football game that I’d be attending just to see Jeremy play and tomorrow morning would be the town founders day parade in which Jeremy and I as well as the rest of the nominees had to be in. I did not ask for all of this, Before Jeremy came along I was content being an outcast and invisible.

But was I ever truly happy?

That was a question I often asked myself. I was I even okay? I had cut and cry myself to sleep almost every day until that day Jeremy hugged me. I had the urge to start cutting again that day after the park incident but something had stopped me, then I realized just thinking of him is enough for me to try and get better. I had promised him I’d never do that to myself again.

I looked over the football field I was facing, some guy was remaking the white yard lines, across from that the athletic practice field was occupied with the different classes decorating their floats for the parade.

“Hey, why aren’t you wearing your stash?” I heard Jeremy ask walking up the stadium. He was wearing his football jersey with a pair of khaki shorts, his stash was sported across his chest.

“Why are you still wearing yours?” I ask trying to hide my smile. He shrugged and flashes me a cheesy grin.”And to answer your question Prince Jeremy of Western Heights, It’s because I don’t want too.”

“Well Princess Siane, why is that?” he humored me sitting next to me.

I shrug “Hey, Jare, what if we actually win?” I ask, Jeremy furrowed his brow.

“Then that’d be awesome. Why would that be a bad thing?” He asked scooting closer to me, I suppose he senses my body getting tense, he scoots back.

“I’m not sure” I sigh. I don’t share my fear with him. When they’d announced our nomination he seemed shocked at first but afterwards he seemed pretty excited about the whole idea. I didn’t want to rob him of an experience like this because of my insecurities.

“Are you hungry?” Jeremy asks and it was then I noticed the brown paper bag he had. He pulls out two sandwiches and hands me one “They feed us before the game,” he explains “The rest of my team is inside eating.”

“How’d you know I'd be out here?”

He shrugs but answers with a smile “I just knew”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine