Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Drive You Close, Pushed Me Away

I was running full speed ahead with my destination in sight, the cheers from the stands fueled my hunger to make the touchdown as I gripped the football tighter and pushed forward.

“Jare-reh-meh! Jare-reh-meh!” The cheers continued and next thing I knew I was in the endzone. The crowds stopped chanting my name and and erupted in applause the final buzzer rang and I was lifted from my feet by my team mates.

“We’re going to the finals!” Wilko exclaimed

My teammates continued the cheers in the locker room. I couldn’t seemed to get away from it all. When I finally stepped out of the locker room most people had left for the bonfire I had told everyone I wouldn’t be attending I had made plans to hangout with Siane and Dontae.

“Jeremy, way to go!” Tasha, my cousin’s girlfriend congratulated me. I jumped slightly, I wasn’t expecting her. She was still in her cheerleader outfit. Her belly button ring sparkled as well as her skin that had glitter scantily covering her arms and cleavage.

“Oh, thanks Tasha” I said.

“I can’t believe we get to go to the district finales. It’s the first time in years, all thanks to you!” she smiled at me.

“Yeah, It’s gonna be fun.” I said starting to feel awkward. I’d never been alone with Tasha, when I would see her Wilko was always accompanied her. “Have you seen Siane?” I asked

“Who?”

“Siane, blonde about yay high brown skin and eyes”

“Oh!” she says starting to remember “Your girlfriend?”

I smile sheepishly “Well, we are just friends” I admit scratching the back of my head.

“Really?” she raises a brow making her blue eyes wider somewhat, I nod “No, I haven’t seen your friend” Tasha emphasizes the friend part of her sentence. “Well I have to go. Good luck finding your friend!” she leans in and plants a kiss on my cheek “See you at finales!” Then she flounces away.

I stood there for a second processing what just happened. She said that she’d see me at finales but that would be a few weeks from now and plus I’d probably see her tomorrow at Homecoming. But seriously, MY COUSIN’S GIRLFRIEND JUST KISSED ME ON THE CHEEK OHMYGAWD!

After mentally having a mini-spaz attack I shake off my weird feeling and continue looking for my friends. I find Siane and Dontae on top of the commentators box.

“Y’all still want to catch that movie?” I ask them “If we start walking now we could make the 10 o’clock movie” I suggested

“Yeah, we should go” Dontae says climbing down the ladder of the box

“Um, Jeremy?” Siane questioned as we were walking down the stadiums stairs

“Yeah?” I turn my attention to her completely.

“What the hell is on the side of your face?” she asks in a growing aggravated tone.

“Huh?” I’m confused I touch my face and I feel something smooth and slightly wet. I look at my fingers and they’re smudged with glittery pinkish red color. It was Tasha’s lip gloss! Oh hell... “I uh- well Tasha, she”

“TASHA!?” Siane yells in my face “You know I hate her!”

“Sorry?” I wasn’t sure why I was apologizing. My gaze drifts over to Dontae who is just as clueless as I am.

“How could you let her kiss you!?” Siane cross her arms tightly across her chest.

“I didn’t she just sorta did. She was just congratulating me.”

“Be we are...” She starts off strongly but sorts of fades to whisper “I thought maybe..” she looks away.

“What?” I ask completely dumbfounded

“Nothing.” she says quickly “I’m heading home.” she says then walks away

“Siane!” I call after her “What about the movie?”

“I just realized, I’m really tired” she lies “I want to go home”

Girls, I thought to myself sometimes they act like the like you, act likes your best friend then yell in your face leaving you wondering what the hell you did wrong
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine