Status: Completed.

Wretches & Kings

The Aftermath

G-Dragon's fingers clawed at his scalp, helpless tears pricking at his eyes. He watched as a group of medics worked over the still, naked body of Hyun Ae. A wrecked, broken shell of a woman he once held feelings for. Still held feelings for. To see her there, exposed and bruised. Bloodied and beaten. Tears overcame the bile searing his throat. He was disgusted, helpless as he watched, his own blood running down his face from a slam to the head from an opponent. Nothing compared to what she must have went through. What she suffered.

He wanted to find Doh-Chang and tear him apart. The son of a bitch needed to ripped limb from limb, his most prized appendage torn in the most painful way from his body. What he must have done to Hyun Ae in the weeks following the invasion. Stomach acid threatened to rise again. G.D. had that fatal attraction to her, had wanted her in his bed for only him to admire and touch. Instead, she had been beaten and violated. Raped. Tortured.

G-Dragon slid down the wall, grinding molars hard to stop the tears. He had to be strong for the people around him; he was their leader. And no matter how he was hurting, a leader he still had to be.

“G-Dragon,” a nameless medic turned his attention away, kneeling next to him. “Let me look at that.”

G-Dragon pushed his hand away. “I'm fine.”

The medic looked at him, first bewilderment then determination. “G-Dragon, I need to stitch it up. Please?”

The leader looked up at him, then the ground, and nodded.

--

A strangled cry left Hyun Ae's throat, her body jolting forward. However, a spindly arm held her down.

“Easy, easy...” GD's voice breathed in her ear. The body beneath his arm was shaking; her jaw rattled, eyes wide with a terror that crushed his heart. “Its okay. You're safe Hyun Ae.”

Tears brimmed in her frozen eyes. A broken sob left pale lips. “D—Daesung,” she choked out. “He—he's dead.”

His heart faltered; it took him a moment to gain words. “Hyun Ae...I'm so sorry...” It was almost unbelievable that one of his friends since the beginning was...gone. Taeyang had betrayed them, but Daesung had been there for everything, patched him up, nursed those back to help that needed it. One of the kindest souls and he was...dead.

“G-Dragon...” Hyun Ae's hoarse voice brought him back to the present. “I...I...I can't see.”

His eyes widened, his crushed heart jumping into his throat. “What?”

“Its all just...moving colors,” she whimpered. “GD, I can't see!” Sobs grew harder and harder, wracked her broken body.

“Its fine,” he said, stroking her hair. “You're going to be fine.” He was glad she couldn't make out the distraught on his own face. “I'll fix this, okay? Okay?” Hyun Ae nodded. “Okay...Try to get some more rest, alright?” He couldn't take his arm off her, afraid that if he did, she would shake herself to pieces.

His hand continued to grace through her hair, calming her, and her dark eyes closed, finally. Slowly, GD removed himself from her and stood. He motioned to a nurse and instructed quietly, “give her something to help her sleep,” and he moved away.

Wrapping his arms around his head, he walked amongst the rows of cots with the wounded and dying. Thoughts spun in his head, making his feet shift unsteadily. Everything was falling apart around him. For once, he was truly lost on what to do.

“GD!” He turned to see Seungri coming towards him. At the sight of the leader's drawn face, an expression of worry crossed his own. “What's wrong?”

G-Dragon looked past him. “Hyun Ae can't see...”

Seungri's jaw dropped. “What?”

“She can't see, Seungri!” he hissed. “The son of the bitch bashes her head in and she can't see! We've lost hundreds of people! We'll have to travel farther into the tunnels where we have no idea what to expect. They're gonna find us again—”

“G, calm down.” Seungri placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. “We're okay. We'll figure—”

“Did you find T.O.P.?”

Seungri's eyes dropped and he shook his head. “The last time I saw him, he went over the edge with about two Dakeu. I don't think he could have survived that...”

G-Dragon swallowed, nodded, heaving his breathes. “Taeyang betrayed us. Daesung's gone...”

“What?”

“Hyun Ae told me he's dead,” G-Dragon explained. The younger's eyebrows furrowed and he looked at the floor, eyes filling with the same pain that GD felt. “He's dead and so is T.O.P..” His tongue traveled across his slightly pouted lips and he shook his head. “Its just you and me, Seungri. We're all that's left.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short and kinda crappy, but I thought there was enough emotional turmoil for now.

Thoughts?

Special thanks to:
Blue to help me fall
Oceanid.
renai.
park chanyeol
Selestyna Arpa364