Status: three one shot

We'll Work It Out

The news

“Hey stranger,” I smiled seeing one of my closest friends, Andrew Garfield, sit across from me. We were at a café not far from the set where he was filming his latest movie.
Andrew and I had become extremely close after I confided in him about my heart recently being broken on the set of a photo shoot I was holding for promotional images for Spiderman. Andrew and I had ended up sleeping together that night after going out for a few drinks. After that we met regularly to continue our physical side of our relationship. We both never really committed to an actual relationship with romantic feelings. He wanted something physical and so did I.
Today I asked him to join me for lunch because I needed to tell him something. I was afraid of how he’d react but he needed to know and I had to tell him otherwise I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if he didn’t know.
“Hey,” he smiled looking across at me.
“How’s the movie going?” I asked him.
“Great,” was his simple reply but the smile still remained.
“That’s good,” I smiled also. His smile was infectious. You couldn’t help but smile when he smiled. Also his English accent had you weak at the knees.
“What have you been doing today?” he asked me.
“I’ve done a couple of small photo shoots but that’s about it,” I told him.
“Not a busy morning then?” he smiled again.
“Not at all,” I sighed.
“Is everything okay?” he asked me giving me a concerned look.
“Everything is fine, I hope,” I said looking down at my food.
“Is this to do with the thing you need to tell me?” he asked.
“Yeah it is,” I said feeling nervous but didn’t show it.
“What’s happening?” he asked giving me a concerned look again.
“You remember the night we had a few drinks, the first time we slept together?” I asked him.
“Of course,” he said with the smirk that always gave me butterflies.
“We never used protection and I don’t know how to tell you this -” I went to say but he cut me off losing his famous smirk.
“Tell me what?”
“I’m uh… I haven’t been feeling the best the last few weeks so I went to the doctor and found out why I’ve haven’t been feeling to good…” I said trailing off.
“What… what did you find out?” he asked me. I could hear the nervousness in his voice.
“I’m… I’m pregnant,” I said. I didn’t want to hold it in anymore. If I did I would have chickened out.
“You’re what?” he asked shocked. It was obvious he wasn’t expecting what I had just told him.
“Pregnant with your baby,” I told him nodding my head as I looked down at my plate again. I didn’t want to see his reaction.
“Are you sure?” he asked.
I nodded my head again. “You’re the only guy I have been sleeping with.”
“Not that… Are you sure you are pregnant?”
“The doctor did a blood sample and the results came back positive.”
“What are you going to do?” he asked me.
“I don’t know. I wanted to talk to you first.” I told him looking back up at him.
He reached across the table and took my hand in his. “We’ll work it out. We still have time.”
I smiled at his reassuring tone. I knew with him everything would work out fine.