Status: three one shot

We'll Work It Out

Four months later

Today was the day that I had my 20 week scan. At this scan we’ll be able to find out the sex of our baby. Two weeks after my announcement Andrew told me how he really felt and we’ve been giving a relationship a go since. So far we have been going strong with a few petty arguments here and there.

Andrew had an early morning on set but he had managed to get an hour off to meet me so we could go to the appointment together. I met him outside our doctor’s office and we walked in together.

I was anxiously tapping my foot on the floor as we waited for my name to be called. I already knew the baby was healthy and doing well but the appointments seemed to make me worried. Anything could have happened between now and the last appointment.

I felt Andrew hold onto my hand and most of my worries vanished. I looked at him and smiled, “Thanks for getting time off.”

“You know I wouldn’t miss this appointment for the world.” His British accent still made my knees weak.

He hadn’t been able to make it to the last appointment because he was busy on set but I was grateful he had made it to this one. If he hadn’t it would have just ended up in another argument.

“I love you,” I told him for the first time.

“I love you too,” he replied smiling at me. He had said it before but I had never returned the saying. I was scared he was only with me for the baby but now after everything we’ve been through to do with the baby and not with the baby, I loved him just as much as he loved me.

It was a little while longer before my name was called. Andrew and I stood up and followed the doctor into her examination room hand in hand. We took a seat as Dr Robbins sat behind her desk.

“How have you been?” the doctor asked as she clicked away on her computer.

“No more morning sickness so that’s a good thing even though I’m craving twice as much at the moment,” I told her. I had been craving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the most.

“You are feeding a growing baby,” she smiled as she stood up. “Now shall we find out what you are expecting?”

“We shall,” I said standing up with Andrew and followed her to the bed. I lay on the bed and lifted the bottom of my top up. I was showing quite a lot. I shivered as Dr Robbins smeared the gel onto my rounded belly. That gel was always freezing cold but I didn’t mind because it was a hot sunny day.

“It looks like baby is still doing very well. Have you two thought of names?” Dr Robbins asked as she started the scan.

“If it’s a girl her name will be Amelia Grace,” I smiled.

“And if it’s a boy?” The doctor asked.

“Liam Christopher,” Andrew answered with a huge smile on his face. He got to pick the boy’s name.

“Cute names,” Dr Robbins smiled as she continued to scan my belly. “But it looks like you’ll be going with Amelia. You have a healthy baby girl.”

I grinned looking from the monitor to Andrew who was mirroring my grin.

After the appointment, Andrew walked out of the medical centre and to my car with me. “Do cook dinner tonight, you and I are going out to celebrate,” he told me when we reached my car.

“Okay, where are you going to take me?” I asked him unlocking the door.

“Where ever you want to go,” he smiled as I turned around to face him. I smiled back at him as he leaned down and kissed me.

“I’ll see you later,” he said pulling away. I watched as he walked away before getting into my car and went home.