Sequel: The Jerk Theory
Status: An angry Niall is a sexy Niall.

This.

a contract

I had met Niall Horan once in my life. It was at an event that my organization TeenSpeaks was hosting. My publicist thought it would be a great idea to get a group as big as One Direction behind our effort. It was all about inspiring activism in youth. So if One Direction’s name can get the word out, then who was I to complain?

When I started it was just a high school club with 5 members. Now, it was a worldwide effort to inspire and encourage young people to make a difference. I was really proud of how far it had come. I got to travel some really cool places, and now there was an entire event with famous people being held for it.

It had taken a few years for it to gain popularity. Now here I was, having a photo op with none other than One Direction. There were also a bunch of other notable faces in attendance, but I had to admit, that boy band had me screaming like a little girl on the inside. They were so hot!

Well, that was until Niall Horan spilled his drink on me. I’m not a high maintenance bitch. I understand that accidents happen. I wasn’t mad at him until he laughed. Here I was, beer all over my expensive party dress, and he was laughing like a stupid baboon.

“Is something, funny?” I snapped as he laughed heartily at my expense. The bar napkins were doing nothing to clean me up.

“You’re face. It’s priceless.” He pointed at my scowl. I could tell he was a little tipsy, which fueled my anger more. Who comes to an event that the media was going to be at and gets pissed?

“You’re sloshed. Why don’t you go home and stop making an ass of yourself.” I snarled. I wasn’t about to have my night ruined by some arrogant teenybopper.

“Feisty. I like that in a woman. I hear that makes her perform even better, you know what I mean?” He lowered his voice suggestively as he ended the sentence.

I scoffed at the horrible line, still attempting in vain to clean myself up. “You are a pig.” I told him. I shoved past him, making my way to the bathroom to see if water would help.

“Don’t be like that, babe.” He called after me. It took all my self-control not to go back and slap him across his smirking face.

Correction. 4/5 of One Direction made me scream like a little girl on the inside.

***


I had been called in to my PR agent’s office early on a Saturday morning a few months later. It made me a little nervous. She wouldn’t tell me what it was about, she just told me to hurry and get there. I was worried that I was going to get dropped or that I was in trouble. You haven’t been yelled at until you’ve been yelled at by your public relations agent.

I arrived in a timely manner, being only a few minutes late. Which was pretty good considering I had no forewarning. I speed walked into the office, greeting the receptionist as I rushed by. Everyone in the office smirked at me, gave me a thumbs up as I passed. I was getting confused. They obviously knew something I didn’t know, and I was very nervous to find out what it was.

My agent’s office was in the back of the building, so it was quite a walk. When I got there, the door was closed. I tapped on it lightly and it opened a few moments later, revealing Angela’s face.

I liked Angela McGee. She was a cool lady and was pretty laid back. It felt more like a friendship than anything. “Hey, Marjorie. Thanks for coming on such short notice.” She smiled at me, stepping back so I could enter the office.

I smiled at her, ready to assure her that it wasn’t a problem. That was until I saw him, Niall fucking Horan. My smile instantly fell as I took in his stupid hair covered by a stupid snapback. He looked so juvenile dressed like that. I wanted to go over to him and flick it off his head. I narrowed my eyes at him, not saying anything.

There was a middle-aged guy sitting next to him. They were both seated in front of Angela’s desk. The only empty chair in the room was next to Niall, so I reluctantly took a seat. “What is going on?” I asked her, making sure it was clear that I was annoyed.

“Well, this is Niall and one of his managers, Marcus. I’m sure you know who he is, right?” Angela told me, pointing to the two men.

“Yes. We’ve met.” I spat, shooting Niall a glare.

“Good. Um, Marcus, would you like to explain what we discussed?” Angela asked, addressing the older man. Niall just sat in his chair, staring at the ground. He face did nothing to indicate how he felt about what was I about to hear.

“Niall has been having some problems with the press lately. Excessive partying, bad language, drinking, you know, just things that allow the media to paint a negative picture of him.” I didn’t like where this was going.

“Please don’t say what I think you’re going to say.” I begged the man, looking over Niall to address him. He looked over at Angela and shrugged. “If he’s partying, tell him to stop. You don’t need me.” I folded my arms across my chest; annoyed that Niall hadn’t said something yet.

“We’ve been working on it. But now we just need to do damage control. It’s not enough for him to stop. He needs to prove to the public that he is changing his ways.” Marcus explained, sitting up straighter.

“I still don’t see why you need me.” I sniffed, really irritated that I was dragged in here for such a stupid proposition. I wasn’t about to do anything that tied me to him in the media. No way.

“You’re a good girl. You are prominent enough to be noticed and you haven’t had any bad press. You’re the perfect person to help his reputation.” Marcus said, eyeing Niall.

“Marjorie, I really want you consider this. Niall is a celebrity, especially among young girls. If they see him getting involved in what your doing with your organization, it might give them incentive to join as well. This could give you some serious exposure.” Angela told me in a very business like tone.

She had a valid point. “What exactly do you want?” I asked cautiously. Okay, I was beginning to consider it.

“Six months. You go to events together, go out in public, get him involved in the charity, then part as friends.” Marcus proposed.

“So he has to be my boyfriend? Why can’t we just be really good friends or something?” I suggested. I didn’t want people to think I would stoop so low as to actually have feelings for a neanderthal like Niall Horan.

“Well, the media likes relationships better, and it’s easier to break ties once the agreement is up.” Angela told me, placing a thick packet in front of me, then one in front of Niall. “I had our lawyers draw up a contract, stating exactly what’s expected from the relationship. I’ve looked over it on your behalf, Marjorie. I would strongly advise that you sign it.” She then offered a pen to me.

I grabbed it, then flipped through the contract, grazing the material. It seemed pretty straightforward. The only down side was that I had to hang out with Niall for six months. Why couldn’t it have been Zayn or Liam? They seem tolerable.

After I finished scanning, I sighed loudly and scrawled my signature at the line provided. After seeing I signed it, Niall leaned over and signed his. We then had to switch paper as sign the other’s copy.

Our fingers brushed as we exchanged contracts and my blood began to boil. Why the hell hasn’t he said anything? Because he’s dense. That’s why. All that alcohol has fried his brain cells, leaving me with the lamest member on One Direction.

“Good! This is a good move for you guys.” Angela said, filing my contract as Marcus slipped his into a folder that he tucked into a brief case. “Now, why don’t you guys go get lunch or something and get to know each other? We might as well get started on this!”

Ugh. I knew enough of him. He was immature and off the walls. The stupid prick needs a fake girlfriend for god’s sake! “Fine.” I agreed, standing and heading to the door. I turned and waited for Niall to follow me.

He slowly stood from his chair, and I groaned. To make matters worse, he was wearing sweatpants! In public! No wonder the media always bashes him! I scoffed at him then started weaving my way out of the office, not caring if he was following me.

This was going to be a long six months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Marjorie

new Niall story:)) i dont usually like the outfits thing...but i has so much fun on polyvore that i just couldn't resist!!

anyway...i didn't like my last Niall story...so i'm starting a new one...we'll see how it goes? tell me what you think! keep or kill? cuz i dont want to do something that no one likes ya know? so...feedback is loved!