Sequel: The Jerk Theory
Status: An angry Niall is a sexy Niall.

This.

a gentle squeeze

I closed my eyes as his firm lips worked against mine. The feeling my whole body heat up and my heart race at a million miles a minute. I let out a small moan as I felt his tongue dance along my bottom lip. I opened my mouth, eager to deepen the kiss.

His firm hands gripped my waist and pulled me across his lap so that I could straddle him. I wrapped my hands behind his neck and let my fingers dip into the warm skin under his collar.

His lips pulled away from mine and he started making his way up my jaw. He left warm breathy kisses in his wake that made my eyes roll into the back of my head. I felt his lips brush the skin that covered that spot on my neck that made me lose it. I let out a small whimper and he immediately responded. I felt him nip and suck at the spot.

I moaned louder this time. “Oh god.” I said breathlessly as his lips continued to work their magic. “Oh fuck, Ni-“ I began, and then snapped my mouth shut. Liam didn’t seem to notice my slip up because he continues to move his lips along my neck.

Holy shit. Here I was, in a steamy make out session with Liam and I almost moan someone else’s name. Not just anyone else’s name. Niall’s name. My “boyfriend.” Who apparently won’t get out of my head, no matter what I do.

I pulled Liam’s face from my neck and leaned back. I was still on his lap so my butt settled on his knees. He gave me a confused look and I immediately blushed a deep red.

“We can’t-“ I started, only to be cut off.

“Why not?” He demanded. He tightened his grip on my waist, keeping me on top of him.

“Because of Niall?” I offered, running my fingers through my tousled hair.

“Fuck Niall!” Liam exclaimed. I jumped a little at the anger in his voice. He suddenly got very defensive and angry. I’d never seen him like this before.

“Liam, don’t-“ I began, only to be interrupted yet again.

“Don’t what? Marjorie, he treats you like shit! His head is too far up his ass to see how amazing you are. I can see it. I can do so much better by you than Niall ever could.” He said, his tone now softer. Slowly, he lifted a hand that caught a few strands of stray hair then tucked them behind my ear.

“I can’t do this. I had a melt down when he did it to me. It’s not fair to him.” I reasoned. At this I pulled myself off his lap and stood awkwardly in front of him. He studied me for a long time before he stood as well.

“You like him!” He accused and pointed a finger at me. My cheeks heated up even more. I felt like my face might melt off. He took my blush as a confirmation. “Unbelievable! What the hell do you see in that asshole?” He yelled, throwing his arms into the air.

“I don’t- It’s not like…I mean…” I tired to come up with a response. I was at a complete loss for words. Yeah. I like Niall. But Liam was here and he wanted me back. I couldn’t understand why I couldn’t want him like I wanted Niall.

“Wow.” Liam spat and turned on his heel. He didn’t say anything as he slipped his shoes on and grabbed his jacket. I started moving toward him but that made him move even faster. He opened the door and I rushed over to him.

I caught the door before he could close it but he still stormed down the hallway. “Liam, please wait!” I called after him. He was a pretty good distance away, but it wasn’t hard to hear his response.

“Fuck you, Marjorie.” He arrived at the lift and pressed the call button over and over until the doors slid open. There was nothing I could do or say. So I just watched him step in and took the glare he was shooting me until the doors finally shut.

***


“Is everything okay?” Niall asked me as we strolled through the streets of London. It was a Saturday afternoon. We were forced to spend it together because Niall hadn’t been able to make it to our Friday night date. It had been a couple days since Liam stormed out.

Niall was acting really weird. He hadn’t said anything rude or snapped at me once. He just held onto my hand and walked closely to me. Now he was asking me if I was okay. This was just too weird for me to handle.

“Yeah.” It wasn’t okay. I really wanted to tell him about the kiss. Not because I thought he deserved to know, but because I really wanted someone to talk to. But he would freak out that Liam kissed me and he also might find out that the reason I pulled away is because I liked him. Those were two things that could not get out.

“You’re really quiet today.” He observed. “You always have something to say.” He told me with a chuckle.

“Sorry. I’m just tired.” I shrugged.

He nodded, accepting the answer. “How’s work going? Is that what wore you out?” He asked while he ran his thumb over my knuckles.

“Uh-partly. I’m just having trouble sleeping.” Which was true. Every time I closed my eyes I felt Liam’s lips on my neck and his hurt voice saying, “fuck you.” Not exactly soothing.

“Oh, that’s too bad.” He sympathized. I felt him give my hand a gentle squeeze. It felt so…relationshippy.

“Okay. What is going on?” I demanded pulling on his hand so we would stop walking.

“What?” He asked, confused.

“You! Being nice. You’ve never shown any interest in my feeling before.” I pointed out. Out hands were still clasped so to an observer it probably looked like we were just whispering sweet nothings to each other.

“I don’t know! I just wanted to be nice, alright? If you don’t like it I’ll stop!” He snapped. His blue eyes got cloudy and the Niall I knew was coming back.

“No it’s fine, I was just confused.” I insisted. Although the nice Niall was a little creepy, I would prefer it to the mean Niall.

He studied me for a moment then started to walk again. We didn’t really make conversation the rest of the afternoon. Just the random remark was exchanged. I couldn’t stop thinking about what could possibly be going on.

Why was Niall being nice to me? Did he really just want to be pleasant or was there something else going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Marjorie
why is Niall being so nice all of a sudden?? sorry to Liam lovers. this is a Niall story:) although i am kinda sad that Liam got hurt..i didn't really intend for that to happen....hhmmmff. don't worry though. the Liam situation is not over. there will be more. stay tuned:D
feedback would be appreciated. it truly would..