Haloed Wings

Chapter One

Image

The girl wore an ankle length white fleece dress. It was strapless, hugging her upper body tightly and flowing loosely elsewhere. Size eight white boots clicked against the cement sidewalk. It wasn't abnormal that she dressed this way. In fact, all of her clothing was either designer or gorgeous in their own way. But none of that really mattered to her; no, she wasn't materialistic. She never spoke of how much she loved an item; it was impossible. Love consisted of a mutualistic bond between two beings. The emotions people feel for their things is a simple longing, if not an addiction.

Her hips sashayed, something not meant, but something which happened naturally. Long wavy black hair curled over her shoulders, strands blowing behind her body at times.

She walked among humans, looking to be age eighteen. Her perfections stood out against all of the imperfections. No, she wasn't self-centered. The sad thing was it's true; her body is perfect. It had to be. For she is an angel. A majestic creature who flew through the heavens. However, Evangelina was one who chose to be with humans.

Over the years, she'd learned a lot. Most women strive to be as beautiful and wanted to hide imperfections. A lot of them were selfish creatures. Others were selfless and thought of others. Men were arrogant, overbearing. They constantly thought of sex, lying and women. Most people cared more about money than anything, which is darn right ridiculous!

Money is made off of trees and cotton, other things aside. It buys materialistic items, not love, like people seem to believe. It could not buy happiness. Money meant absolutely nothing to Evangelina; not when she could make things appear with just a thought.

A whistle jolted her from her thoughts. Glancing over, she caught sight of a dark skinned male. He waggled his eyebrows and moved his hips in a thrusting motion, causing a look of disgust. The look didn't deter him, instead causing the man to walk forward, toward her. The last thing she wanted was a conversation with this pig so she quickly crossed the street. It never mattered that she was an angel, the thoughts an actions of others never changed. They always disgusted her; however, the news disgusted her more than anything. "Nanny stabs child one hundred times." Really? Why would anyone be so heartless?

Not too far in front of her, a cute guy looking to be nineteen was sitting in a café. His emerald eyes met hers, a smile curving onto her full, pouty lips. His did the same a moment later and he waved a hand to his waitress, motioning for the check.

Evangelina found herself waiting a few feet away, watching as he paid for his food, offering a tip of eight dollars, to which his waitress eagerly accepted. He stood then, walking to the door.

"Hello, gorgeous," he said when he walked out, eyes wandering over her body tastefully.

She stiffened, waiting for his eyes to meet hers. "Hello." A one word response, neither offering conversation or dismissing one.

One hand came up, moving toward her face. She took a step back, his hand dropping.

Strike one. True, she was one not of human nature, but that did not mean she wasn't going to go on dates or show interest. It wasn't forbidden.

"Your discomfort is palpable, miss," the male said, almost mockingly. She curled her lip back in distaste. He brushed back a strand of his brown hair and smirked. "What's your name?"

"You're cocky. That's strike one. You thought you could touch me, strike two. Normally, I would give another chance, but you are not my type." She moved around the man, only to have her upper arm grabbed. Adrenaline pumped through her veins as anger, hot and fierce, appeared. "You would do well to let me go." Teeth grit hard against each other, causing a small ounce of pain.

"Oh?" the man stated, his face coming around to hers. That smirk was still in place, only angering her further. "What's a pretty girl like you going to do to defend herself, slap me?" He pulled on her arm, her body tumbling against his.

She allowed him to lead her down the alley next to the café before acting out.

His lips, hard and chapped, were on hers in an instant, tongue plunging deep. Her teeth came down hard, drawing blood immediately. A yell escaped, her back hitting the wall when he shoved. However, his hand was still on her wrist. A mistake. She twisted her arm fast, his fingers loosening.

She ripped her wrist free, allowed her fingers to curl into a tight fist and pulled back. The fist flew forward then, smashing into his nose. A satisfying crunch filled her ears, blood spraying, coating her dress. Now she would have to change again.

The man groaned, dropping to the ground when her knee connected with the place in between his legs. Bending down, she grabbed a fist full of his hair, jerked his head back until his distorted gaze met hers and said, "If you ever lay another hand on me or another female in hopes of raping them again, I will kill you. That is a promise."

* * *

The scent of pizza wafted through the open window, his mouth watering. Phoenix decided then that he'd have to order a pepperoni pizza from Dominoes. The number would forever be in his mind. Picking up his phone, he dialed his favorite number and waited.

The worn deep blue microfiber couch groaned when he leaned forward.

"Dominoes, Kassy speaking. How may I help you?" The voice was annoyed; obviously the girl hated her line of work.

"I would like to order a large pepperoni pizza for delivery, thanks," his deep voice growled out, matching the tone of the worker.

"Will that be all?"

"Did I say anything else with my order? No. What's my total?" he snapped.

The girl was speechless for a moment. "Your total will be five, ninety-nine, plus tax, equaling out to six, nineteen. You get a free two liter of Pepsi with that. What was your address again?"

"I never gave it," his growl made her gasp. "Just tell the deliverer that Phoenix called. Also, Kassy, if you expect to work there any longer, I suggest being nice to your customers." He hung up, irritated.

He leaned back, closing his eyes to wait for his delivery. She never said how long it would be.

* * *

When Phoenix had the box safely tucked in his arms, his mouth watered more. The delicious aroma of cheese met his senses and he took a hot slice out, taking a huge bite that burnt the tip of his tongue. However, he didn't care one bit.

The delivery boy had been his good friend Mike. He hadn't stuck around long. Only enough for him and Phoenix to bitch about Kassy.

Apparently she was a whore, constantly flirting with guys, even ones who had girlfriends and didn't want her. She barley did her job, yet no one had proof to the boss. Everyone wanted her gone. And Phoenix had a plan.

It just involved kissing on the day the boss showed. Phoenix both cringed and smirked. Tomorrow. He'd go there tomorrow.

* * *

Unlocking her two-story house door, she turned the knob and walked in. Nails clicked loudly as her full-grown Rottweiler ran into the front room.

"Hey girl!" Evangelina exclaimed loudly, internally cringing at how loud it was.

She plopped to a sitting position at Evangelina's feet, staring expectantly at her eyes. Her small nub-like tail wagged furiously. She dropped to her knees and hugged Mistle around her neck, giggling when a slobbery lick came to her ear. "Mistle, I could have gotten raped today. But I pretty much knocked the guy out," she whispered into the black and brown fur.

A growl came, showing she understood. It was one of Evangelina's powers, allowing animals to know what she was saying. She had other powers, none of which were important right now.

She released Mistle and rose to a stand, moving into the hallway, down to her bedroom. Once inside, she toed off her boots, relishing the feel of carpet on her aching feet. The mattress met her body when she fell against it, bouncing. The material moved under her weight, taking it in.

Glancing around her room, Evangelina smiled. It was slightly plain, with bare maroon colored walls and white plush carpet. In the middle of the wall by her door sat a newer HP Laptop on top of a plain cherry wood desk. At the desk rested a worn black leather desk chair.

Next to her bed sat a wooden end table with two lockable drawers. On top of it was a red Tiffany lamp with a flowery stained glass lampshade.

On top of her cherry wood bed frame was a comfy mattress with a white sheet, heavy black blanket and many soft black and white pillows, along with a soft brown teddy bear. She smiled again, knowing that she would always feel at home in this house.

Mistle strode into the room, panting happily, and jumped up onto the bed with her. She turned over and buried her face in Mistle's silky fur, feeling her eyes drift closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe? Please? :D