Haloed Wings

Chapter Two

Image

Evangelina's eyes wandered around the cliché looking restaurant. She was currently residing in Domino's, sitting at a table on the far side, facing toward the door. Every once in a while, a guy would nudge his friend and point at her. Always at her. No one else. Apparently they weren't special enough to be looked at. She sighed, impatiently. It was annoying, waiting for food. She should have just thought up some food, however she wanted to be normal for a change. And what a horrible change it was.

Drumming fingers against the cold white table top, she sighed impatiently. When the hell will they be done?

As if on cue, a nerdy looking guy about seventeen came out holding a small Mushroom and Pepperoni pizza. He looked at the name card, fumbling over the name for a moment, before getting it right, “Evangelina?”

She stood, watching as the boy's eyes widened. She rolled her own in response and gladly took her pizza from him.

A hopeful smile crossed his face as he pulled out a pen and notepad, to which she shook her head and walked away, hearing his sigh of disappointment.

Why do I still choose to live in this Godforsaken world? I could be up in the heaven's, relaxing and doing...absolutely nothing. Yeah, that's why I'm here. Because there's really nothing up there for me, except for... A desolate sigh left her lips. She sat back in her seat, and began eating the delicious pizza. The garlicky taste touched her tongue, mixed with cheese and well blended sauce. Hmm.

Pale gray eyes snapped to the door, where a well-built male stepped through. His hazel eyes roamed around the restaurant, a look of relief crossing his brilliant features when he found it safe. He looked about nineteen, but she could have been wrong. His physical attire made him look younger than he probably was. Or maybe, he was just the age he looked. Blonde hair fell down to almost his eyes in the front, the back curling down at the bottom of his neck. He stood approximately six foot, towering over a few people in the restaurant. Women turned to glance at him, ignoring their boyfriends, pissing them off in the process. However, the men appeared to know better than the mess with the guy. A small, almost smile appeared on his lips when he caught sight of a male behind the counter. He waved him over, then sat down at a table, waiting.

Evangelina sighed, catching herself wondering if he were gay. Most incredibly hot guys were nowadays. It was sad, really.

The man behind the counter came out, only to stop directly in front of the man. They talked for a moment, making wild hand gestures and other forms of weird talk, when the guy suddenly stood. He went to walk back behind the counter, leaving the other one deep in thought.

His lips were now formed into a thin line, jaw clenched tightly. Eyes narrowed, pupils glancing around wildly. What is he searching for?

A thin, perky looking blonde stepped out from the back at that moment. Her bright blue eyes widened, brightening when they caught sight of the man sitting at the table. A smirk formed on her bright pink (hot pink, ew) colored lips as she sauntered forward, purposely shaking her hips. Obviously she thought that she was the hottest thing here. Sadly, she didn't notice half of the guys looking, but then giving looks of disgust. Her blonde hair was bleach blonde, obviously dyed. Heavy eyeliner covered her eyelids, mascara clumped on her eyelashes. She wore the normal blue Domino's uniform, and if possible, had gotten it in the smallest size possible. It hugged her body way too much. Cleavage looked as if it were going to pop out of the shirt, and her ass was straining against the pants. It was ridiculous really.

From what Evangelina could see, her name tag read, “Kassy.” Well, whoever this Kassy was, she obviously didn't know how to do her job. Especially since she was headed right toward the guy who had just come in. And he didn't look too happy about it.

The guy stood from his spot, moved a few seats away, closer to Evangelina. It was odd, she thought. But maybe he just didn't want to be near her that badly. The guy who had originally come out to see the other one came back out, holding up three fingers. Mr. Hottie nodded his head, then changed his posture completely. His body became relaxed instead of stiff and unwelcome, a smirk becoming his lips, eyes widening. He nodded to Kassy, who sat in his lap instead of anywhere else, and immediately pressed her lips to his, starting a heavy make-out session.

Evangelina was disturbed. Clearly this man wasn't gay, but he also wasn't happy about having to do this. So why, then? And why in a restaurant where anyone can observe? So many questions, not enough answers.

Suddenly disgusted, she looked around to make sure everyone was minding their own business and then wished her food away. Where it was, it would stay heated. She would eat it later. She went to gather her things to leave, only to have her eyes lock onto the guy's intense stare. Oh no. No, no, no, no! Please no.

A heavier man in a suit came through the door then, standing in front of the entrance and blocking her escape. Crap! His eyes narrowed on the girl, who was pushed back immediately. Clearly this had been the guy's intent all along. “Kassy! What do you think you're doing?!”

“Mr. Albuquerque! I-I...”

“I have had enough of your excuses. You're fire, you hear me? F-I-R-E-D! Get out.”

Kassy rose off of the guy's lap, sending him a seething glare and stormed out of the restaurant. He shook it off, simply standing, stretching. The boss sent the guy a happy nod and strode to the back of the pizzeria.

Evangelina turned and practically ran into the guy, a startled gasp leaving her lips. It was unusual for her to be startled. “U-Um, I have somewhere to be right now, so if you'll excuse me.” But he threw out an arm, blocking her path.

“I saw that,” he whispered.

“You're delusional. I do not know what you are talking about.”

“Your food disappeared off of your table. I know what I saw. Who are you?”

Eyes narrowed, fists clenched. “Boy, you have no idea what you are talking about right now. I stood up and threw my food out, thank you very much. Now move out of my way.”

He smiled but dropped his arm, allowing her escape.

* * *


It was futile, keeping the woman here. He would get none of the answers he was looking for, evidently. He knew what he saw, he knew what she is. But he would have to hear her say it, not the other way around.

Angels. Anger flashed through him at the thought of those dreadful creatures. It was something he, himself, used to be. But that was before he was shunned. He was thrown out of the heavens. His beautiful white wings were stained black, forever.

But despite everything, he could see no harm to a human. The woman he'd just thrown out was not being harmed in any way, she was being taught a lesson. No, if someone were screaming for help, he would help them. Because, despite being a fallen angel, he did not deserve the punishment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter is out! Yay!