Never Say Goodbye

Chapter One

Blaine felt himself go numb. It was official. They had broken up.

How could I be so stupid?! Blaine cursed himself. Kurt was everything! And I went and blew it!

Blaine tried calling Kurt for the third time that night but, just like the previous two calls, it went straight to voicemail.

"Kurt, it's Blaine. Please call me. I need to hear your voice..." After a couple of seconds of silence, he hung up. It hurt too much talking to an emotionless machine. He needed Kurt.

This hurts more than anything I've ever felt before, Blaine could feel the tears forming in his eyes. This hurts more than all the physical abuse I took before I transferred to Dalton. I feel like my heart is tearing in two.

And maybe it was. Blaine put a tentative hand over his heart and felt it thumping against his chest. It was still there.

And yet it feels like it's been ripped out... And left in New York.

A surge of anger flashed through Blaine and he suddenly whipped his hand out, knocking over a lamp, and sending it crashing to the ground. The bulb shattered as it hit the floor, sending small pieces of glass scattering across the cold, tiled floor.

No one came running at the sound for no one was home. Just Blaine. His parents were out of town for the weekend and Cooper had moved out years ago to become an actor in LA. Blaine was home alone, which was something that he was used to. His father had never accepted the fact that Blaine was gay and tended to avoid him as much as possible. This had been a lot easier when Blaine had been at Dalton, but now that he was at McKinley, it was a lot harder for his dad to avoid him, so his parents had started going away most weekends for what he called 'personal time'. Blaine, on the other hand, had bitterly come to call it 'get away from your gay son time'.

Blaine looked down at the shattered glass for a moment before he slowly knelt down and picked up a shard of glass.

"Ouch!" He cried out as it pricked his finger. A small drop of crimson blood started to ooze out of the cut. Blaine starred at it, slightly entranced.

How fragile we humans are, Blaine thought as he watched a drop fall to the floor. A sudden thought slipped into his head and his lip slowly started to quiver as he realized what he had to do. He slowly went up to his room, not even noticing the small, droplet trail that he was leaving behind him. Even if he had noticed, he wouldn't have cared. He didn't care. Nothing mattered anymore. That was what made what he was about to do seem so much easier.

Thousands of miles away, Kurt was sitting in his apartment, staring bitterly at his phone. How could Blaine do that to him?! After what had happened with Chandler, Kurt would have never in a million years thought that Blaine would ever cheat on him. And yet there he was now, sitting heartbroken and alone with a tub of Ben and Jerry's in his lap as tears rolled down his cheeks.

Rachel was out with Brody, so Kurt was left all alone in their big, practically empty apartment, but at that moment, Kurt wished that she was there. As annoying as Rachel could be sometimes, she was always really good at comforting him when he was sad, and Kurt desperately needed a pick me up right then.

The phone went off again. Kurt quickly checked the Caller ID. It was Blaine. Again. This was the fourth time now that he had called. Kurt's hand itched to pick it up, to hear Blaine's voice, but he resisted the temptation.

I can't, Kurt told himself. He hurt me... He broke my heart...He cheated on me! I can't forgive him for that!

Kurt glanced at the phone. It had stopped ringing. Kurt sighed. As mad as he was at Blaine right now, he couldn't deny the fact that he was still madly in love with the boy.

He's my everything, Kurt realized bitterly. I can't lose him...

Kurt suddenly made a decision.

The next time he calls, I'll pick up, he decided. He waited for a couple minutes, staring at the phone again, waiting for it to ring.

But it didn't.

A hour passed.

And then another.

By the third hour, it still hadn't rung and Kurt was starting to get worried.

Maybe I should call him... Kurt thought, starting to reach for the phone, when it suddenly started ringing. Kurt sighed with relief as he picked up the phone and looked at the Caller ID. But it wasn't Blaine.

"Cooper?" Kurt said as he answered the phone, slightly confused.

"Kurt," the voice on the other end of the line sounded strained and weak.

"Cooper, are you okay?" Kurt started to panic. A sob filled his ear. "Cooper, what happened? What's wrong?"

"B-Blaine," Cooper finally managed to sputter.

"What about him, Cooper?" Kurt asked, worry lacing his voice. His heart started pounding in his chest as he waited for Cooper's response.

"H-He's d-dead."
♠ ♠ ♠
I was kind of in a dark place when I started writing this, so it's a little dark. Haven't fully decided how I'm going to end this story yet... I guess it depends on my mood.

Anyways, hope that you liked it and if you did, please subscribe and leave me a comment :)