I'm So Sorry, My Angel

Four

That night, Will was sent to the ER. I stayed up all night in the waiting room, praying, crying, screaming that he’ll be ok. I ended up falling asleep and was awoken by a ghost, “Are you ok miss?” A little dark boy asked.
It took me a moment to realize he was a ghost, cuz he was wherein ratty old close, “Uh, ya,’ I lied.
“No you ain’t,” He said putting his hands on his hips, “Momma told me to never lie, now you shouldn’t lie ether.”
I managed a smile, “Your friend, Will is hear, right,” He asked.
I shot my head up at him, “How-“
“I see’s him. He was gone, but before I knew it, he was gone again, back to his body.”
I stared at him confused, “You mean he died…”
“Um-hum. He told me he had to go back to ya. So I guess God sent him back to ya.”
I still looked at him confused, “God? Why would God send him back to me? And why won’t God send you to heaven, why are you still here?” I asked because he looked like he was from a loooong time ago, he looked like a little slave boy.
The boy looked hurt by the question, “I still got’s a meaning, that’s what momma told me before she went into the light. I don’t know what that meaning is, all I do is help people figure out what happened to them,” He looked up at me, “ I guess that my meaning.”
I was about to ask more but a doctor was walking toward me.
“Your Stella right?” He asked.
I looked over at the boy, but he was walking away, “Yes, I’m Stella. Why?”
My Gran rubbed her eyes awake, “Doc, what’s wrong?” My Gran asked, sleepily.
The doctor spoke, “William wants to see Stella.”
“He’s ok!” I said almost jumping into the doctor’s arms.
“He’s in stable condition,” He corrected.
I didn’t care, I needed to see him. I needed to ask him questions.
The doctor brought us to his room. We opened the door, Will was strapped to a bunch of machines, and there was a bunch of tubs going into him.
Will was watching TV. He looked from the TV to us, and smiled, “Can I just talk to Stella?” His voice sounded dry.
I shut the door from behind me, I wanted to hug him, and tell him that I loved him, but I was so grateful he was alive, I couldn’t speak.
“I’m ok,” He whispered.
I looked away, and tears ran from my eyes, “Come over hear,” He said.
I slowly made my way over to him, he reached up and wiped the tear away, “You came back for me,” I finally got out.
He smiled, “Ya I did. How did you know?”
“I little boy,” I said.
“I’m goanna get better Stell, I know I am. So please, don’t worry about me ok.”
I shook my head, “How were you able to get back?”
He was quiet for a moment, “I, uh, I really don’t know. I was just talking to that little boy, telling him I needed to go back for you, and then just, POOF! I’m back,” He smiled at me again, and took my hand and squeezed it, “After I get out of this joint, I’m taking you on a date.”
I was frazzled by the question, “Why?” I didn’t mean to sound surprised.
He laughed, “Cuz I like you.”
I blushed, “I like you too.”