I'm So Sorry, My Angel

Three

Sixth grade:
Going into sixth grade is hard, meeting new people, starting a new year, and being at a new school. Well an old, new school with hundreds of ghost. Ya, and these ghosts weren’t nice, most of them were old people who died in the fire back in 1902, some are kids who drowned in the pool. But most of them are very mean, and very ignorant.
“Hey, sweet heart, you can see me right? Corse you can,” said a boy with dark brown, spiked hair, not wherein a shirt, but is wherein swim trunks, about thirteen.
“I’m trying to do my work, can you go away please,” I said quietly so no one else could hear me.
The boy stood up straight, and looked like I just insulted him, “Well your so goody, goody two shoes, always doing her work, blah, blah, blah!” He said that as he was getting closer to my face.
I finally got to aggravated, and shouted, “Leave me alone!” Everyone around me looked at me. I just ignored them, except Will.
He put his hand over mine, “What’s wrong?” He asked, but he knew, this ghost, Kyle, comes around too often.
“Just Kyle,” I whispered to him.
“Oh, I see, ya’ll boyfriend and girlfriend.”
“No,” I snapped at him, although I did like the thought of it, “Kyle, please, just leave me alone, bother me after school or something.”
He huffed, “Fine,” then disappeared.
I put my head down on the desk, there to many ghost around this school, it just gives me such a headache.
I felt a hand on my back, a familiar hand, I could recognize his touch anywhere. Will.
I looked at him, and tried to smile, but I couldn’t. Will was extremely sick, you could see it on his face, very dark circles around his eyes, and he just looked week. Will was diagnosed with Type two cancer in his brain, he’s had it since this summer, and since then he’s just gotten worse. And every time I look at him, I need to cry.
I couldn’t keep the tears away, and one slipped out, “Don’t cry Stell,” Will said, wiping away the tear.
“I can’t help it, the thought of losing you-“I looked up and the teacher was standing there.
“Stella, do you need to go see the school consoler?” She asked.
I shook my head, “Can Will come with me, please?”
The teacher, whose name I still hadn’t figured out, looked at me then Will then back at me, “Uh, Ok.”

By the time we got to the consolers office I was crying my tears out, “Stella please don’t cry,” Will kept repeating.
“Stella why are you crying,” asked the consoler, Mrs. Foly.
“I can’t lose you, I can’t,” I said telling Will, not Mrs. Foly.
“Your not going to, Stell,” Will said.
Mrs. Foly sighed, “Is this because he’s sick?” She asked.
I shook my head for my answer.
“William can you leave the room for a moment.” It wasn’t a question, it was an order.
I looked at Will and he shook his head, and got up to leave. After he closed the door behind him Mrs. Foly continued, “Stella, I know that you’ve be through a lot in you life, with you mother dieing, and you miraculously escaped that fire, and now you’re losing your best friend-“
“Don’t say that!!” I yelled.
She closed her eyes, “What I’m trying to say is that you should think about making new friends, I know it’s hard for you, but I just want you to be prepared,” She looked and me with her eyes looking sad.

After that, I was thankful that the final bell rang cuz all I wanted was go to the beach with Will.
The walk there was silent and short, It was early fall so the water was to cold to go into, but it was still nice place to be, and to think.
I sat down on the sand, and just stared out into the water. I saw a couple walking on the beach, but I knew they were ghost. The lady was short and her red hair was flowing down over her shoulders. She was smiling. The man, was tall and lean, his dark hair was slicked back, like he put in a lot of hair gel. They both wore old fashioned clothes, like they were going to a party.
They walked along the beach and started to disappear.
“I wonder what it’s like to be a ghost,” I said looking at the couple as they disappeared.
“Stella, please don’t worry about me. I’m going to be fine.”
The couple disappeared. A stream of tears came down my face, “I just can’t stand the thought of losing you Will,” I couldn’t help it, I just started to break down.
I put my face to my knees and just cried. I felt Will’s arms go around me, “Please, please, stop crying. I can’t stand to see you cry,” He started to stroke my hair.
I keep weeping, I couldn’t get words out even if I wanted to. But I did want to.
I wanted to tell him, I love him, more than just a friend, I wanna tell him everything before it’s to late.
But I can’t get it out.