I'm So Sorry, My Angel

Seven

The week was a blur. It was also weird, everyone at school was being nice to me, even the teachers. They all knew how close me and Will were.
I was mad at Will though, he lied to me.
About a month passed by, and I was coming back to reality. I thought I wouldn’t see Will ever again too, but he showed up while I was at a basketball court, alone.
“Stella,” I herd the familiar voice and was almost happy to see him. Almost.
“You lied to me,” I spat.
“I sorry…”
“You know what Will, sorry isn’t always good enough!”
He just stared at me, then looked down, “I wasn’t goanna go to that party, but there was something inside me that told me I had to.”
I didn’t want to hear it, “I don’t need to listen to this cra-“
“Do you want to know the truth?” He interrupted
I didn’t answer, but he went on, “After I died in the hospital I saw this lady. She was beautiful she had short brown hair, and beautiful hazel eyes,” He stopped to wait for my answer, when I didn’t answer he went on, “She told me that I could have another chance only because she knew I could make your life better. There was a catch. I only had four years. She told me she wished she could let me live longer, but she couldn’t,” He looked me dead in the eyes, “Your mom says she’s sorry.”
When he said that I dropped the basketball I was holding, “My-my…mom?”
The ball rolled towered him, then went right through him, “Ya,” Was all he said.
“Why can’t I see her?” I asked.
“Cuz,” He smiled, “She’s an angel.”
“An angel?” I said dumbfounded.
“That’s what I just said didn’t I?” He said with sarcasm.
I tried not to laugh, “I…Why are you still here? Why didn’t you go into the light?”
“I have un finished bisness. That un finished bisness is you.”
I was quiet, “What do you need me to do to help?”
He shrugged, “I don’t know. To tell the truth, I really don’t want to leave.”
“You have to-“
“I don’t want to! I can be with you forever-“
“No you can’t! I won’t let you.”
He looked hurt, “What do you mean you won’t let me?”
I looked away from him, “I don’t want you to watch me grow up. While I’m alive, wishing you were hear, wishing you can be apart of my life. I can’t do that to you, you can’t do that to me.”
“I didn’t think I would be hurting you,” he said.
I sighed, “Listen, is sucks so much that you are now out of my life, and it was really awesome for my mom to let you live for the last four years, but…” I thought for a moment trying to remember what Gran has told me, “Now you’re starting a new chapter, you have to choose new paths, but I’m not one of thoughs.”
“Don’t say that,” He said harshly.
“But it’s the truth!” I didn’t mean to yell, but I did.
I couldn’t look at his face so I covered my eyes, but even with my eyes covered I could see a bright light forming in front of me.
I peeked out and standing right there, was my mother, “Oh, Stella,” she said softly.
I uncovered my eyes, “Mom?” I said.
“You’re so big,” She told me.
I smiled.
“I’m sorry. About everything. I’m sorry I left you, I’m sorry I let your father leave you, and I’m sorry your best friend is leaving you.”
I looked at her with teary eyes, “Don’t. Don’t be sorry.”
“You deserve better than this. I promise you, your life will be better after this. I know you can get through this.”
She put her hand on my shoulder, I felt warmth go through me.
“Now for you,” she said to Will, “Stella is right, you have better place to go, and trust me, it hurts to watch some one you love grow up,” She looked at me and gave me a warm smile, “You can come with me. I’ll show you what you have to do,” They started to walk back into the shinning light.
“I can’t go yet,” Will said, inching away from my mom.
“Why?” She asked as he ran to me.
He took my hands, “I understand now,” He told me, “And I promise I’ll be waiting for you, just please don’t let me get in the way of your life,” He leaned to whisper in my ear, “I’m so sorry, my angel,” A tear ran down his face, and so did mine.
“It’s ok,” I whispered back.
He wiped the tear from my face, “Don’t cry over me.”
Our hands slowly untwined as he moved backwards toward my mom, and then they were gone.

It’s been almost three years since then, and I’ve never cried over him after that. I do wonder where we actually do go when our times up. I was never really sure, was Gran right? Is it just another chapter in our lives? Well right now is not the time to talk about it, I’m still young, I’ve got my whole life ahead of me. Whatever is in the past in behind me.
And mom was right, my life has gotten better. I found a new love, I have a scholarship from my basketball playing. I actually have a great job being a guidance consoler. And the ghost who come to me, aren’t as mean to me as they used to.
Life is great, even though I do wish I could see Will again sometimes, I just remind myself that he wants me to live my life to the fullest, just as he would if he was alive.
So I guess there are happy ending sometimes, but this isn’t the end, it’s just the beginning.
I love you, My Angel.