Rocking The House

Meet the Armstrong's

I woke up to the sounds of my phone buzzing. I looked at the caller ID, Taylor.
"Hello?" I said sleepily into the phone.
"Hi brother! So I was online last night and saw this picture that Jack posted of someone's ass. Who's is it? Yours of Jordans?"
"What the fuck Taylor? How bout 'Hey Sid, how are you?' why is everyone so interested in my ass?" I laid back down, hugging my pillow.
"Ah, so it is your ass! What the hell happened?"
"Why don't you ask Jack?" I threw my phone across the room at him.
"Ouch! What was that for?" He grumbled as he opened his eyes.
"Taylor's on the phone, she wants to ask you something."
"Taylor? What's up kiddo?"
"What the hell happened to Sid? Did you shoot him in the ass?" She wasn't even on speaker phone and I could hear her yelling into the phone.
"No."
"Don't lie to me Jack!!"
"Fine. Yes I shot Sid in the ass, but we were drunk and it was meant to be funny. He has taken it rather well I would say. Better than you."
"Oh my god, you guys need to grow up! Put Sid back on the phone." Jack tossed the phone back to me and mouthed something about Taylor being crazy and made circles with his finger around his ear.
"Is that what really happened Sid?"
"Yes, and it was meant to be a joke. Trust me, it feels better now." I laughed. "Did he post the photos of us doing Karaoke? Because that was fun."
"Yes, I saw those ones too, but I was more worried about you. Don't tell mom what happened, she'll freak worse than I did."
"Trust me, I won't. And don't tell her I'm coming okay. I want to surprise her."
"Ok, I won't. Be safe okay. No crazy driving or doing stupid stuff."
"I'll do my best Tay. Thanks for checking in on me. Shouldn't it be me worrying about you and making sure you are okay?" I asked.
"You do that all the time Sid. Love you. I'll talk to you soon k."
"Sounds good." I yawned as I pushed the end button my phone.

"Wow Sid, your little sister was pissed. I never knew she was so protective of you." He laughed and rolled back over and went to sleep. I never knew she was that protective of me either I thought to myself. I was flattered at the fact that she worried. Oh Taylor, my baby sister was not a baby anymore. It was hard for me accept the fact that she was growing up.

Since I was awake I decided to text Colby and see if he wanted to hang out after the game tomorrow.

Sid: Hey Army got plans after the game tomorrow?

Colby: No plans, just heading home. Are you going to be in town?

Sid: Yeah, me and Jack should be there tonight. Can we get tickets to the game?

Colby: Only if you cheer for the Leafs

Sid: Forget about it then, I'd rather listen to your snoring all night then cheer for them. Sorry buddy. lol

Colby: Fine. Tickets at will call. Let me know when you get into town tonight. Need a place to stay?

Sid: Are you offering?

Colby: Of course. See you tonight.

"Wake up Jack, we gotta hit the road. Army is waiting for us."
"Five more minutes." He mumbled.
"Yeah, yeah, five more minutes." I said as I got up to take a shower.

*******

It was early evening by the time we made it to Colby's, I forgot how much I hated Toronto traffic. I rang the doorbell and I could hear Cruise in the backround.
"Mommy door!" I heard him squeal. A minute later Colby opened the door. Man I missed this guy. He made my rookie year on the road hell, and I loved him for it.
"Arm Dog! Good to see you man!"
"Good to see you too, glad you made it! Hey Jack! Long time no see! So what have you two been doing? What's the occasion for the trip?" He asked as he lead us inside. You could tell that Mel did the decorating.
"I took Mario's advise and decided to head home for a bit, to get away from the pressure and away from the game for a bit. I called Jack and here we are. We stopped in Minnesota to see Taylor and Thunder Bay to see the Staal's and last night we spent in Sault Saint Marie where we sang Karaoke with some random guy."
"Sounds like fun. You guys want a drink?"
"Sure." I replied.
"Me too." Said Jack as he limped into the kitchen. "What Sid didn't tell you was that I slept with our old teacher. Well, she isn't old. We got caught pulling a fire alarm and had to go chaperon a school dance, we then ate MacDonald's bought cheap beer. All this was before we stole Henry Staal's backhoe to shoot pellet guns and then we got into a shit fight." He smiled as he finished.
"What Jack forgot to mention that he shot me in the ass with the pellet gun while I was unarmed, he then proceeded to take a photo of it and post it on Twitter."
"Oh dude, that was you! I saw that this morning. That must have hurt like a mother fucker."
"You have no idea."
"Well you better go shower and get changed. We got a sitter for the night and Mel wants to go for sushi."
"I love sushi!" I replied as I got up to go take a shower.
When I came back downstairs I heard saw Mel In the kitchen.
"Hey, look Sid. I'm really sorry but our sitter bailed on us. We can order in instead."
"No way!" Jack said as he came into the kitchen. "You guys go out and have fun. Sid and I can hold down the fort. When was theist time you guys actually went out. Like on a date? It's the least we can do for letting us crash here."
Colby and mel looked at jack skeptically. "No offense jack, but when was the last time you babysat?" Colby asked.
"Hey, have some faith! My brother is eleven years younger than me and Taylor is ten years younger than Sid. We have done our fair share of babysitting. What? Don't you trust us?" He asked
"After hearing what you guys did the past few days, I'm not so
Sure." Colby laughed. "Sid are you sure you're okay with this?" I looked over at jack. Babysitting a one year old wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I could tell colby and mel needed a break. "I'm good with it as long as you guys are."
"What do you think honey? Do you want to go out with me and leaves these goons to watch out son?"
I saw a smile come over mels face. "For some reason I trust these guys. I think cruise is up to the challenge." She giggled. "Alright, it's settled then. Grab the keys babe before they change their minds!"
Colby went over to cruise who was playing on the floor. "Okay little man, best behaviour for uncle Jack and uncle Sid okay?" He leaned down and gave cruise a big before standing up to
Thank us. "I owe you guys. Don't stay up, I'm taking full advantage of alone time with my wife." He winked as he grabbed the car keys and headed towards the garage. Jack and I looked at eachother. What had he gotten us into this time?
♠ ♠ ♠
I love how Taylor is so protective of Sid. bahaha. Who wouldn't want these guys as babysitters??